• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Of course there is always the potential for a biggest capacity when the 'kop' is configured for standing, as mentioned somewhere.

The whole point of "Safe Standing" is that it is basically seats that fold up. So an allocated peice of space for someone to stand. IF you buy a ticket for a safe standing Section you will still get a seat number and row. You just would not sit down. So that means capacity would be unchanged.

The whole point of "Safe Standing" is that it is basically seats that fold up. So an allocated peice of space for someone to stand. IF you buy a ticket for a safe standing Section you will still get a seat number and row. You just would not sit down. So that means capacity would be unchanged.
I was under the impression that the rail seats system (or similar) effectively turns one seat into two standing spots. I could be wrong on this but in the Westfalenstadion the stadium capacity goes up by some 15k in 'standing mode'

i don't think that's true as Dortmunds famous stand has a higher capacity when it is in safe standing mode, for league games, than it does for european games when it is all seating

Yea in Germany that have bigger attendances for standing mode.
However Celtics proposal was one seat space for one standing space so perhaps this will be the only way of getting it through in the UK.

Yea in Germany that have bigger attendances for standing mode.
However Celtics proposal was one seat space for one standing space so perhaps this will be the only way of getting it through in the UK.

It's a start - then maybe after a few years of this with no incidents, supporters can start pushing for the other option. Don't think we'll see two people for one seat for many, many years though.

We are a funny old bunch - 20 pages after announcing a world class stadium that virtually doubles our current capacity (which we have had trouble selling out on Europa nights) and we're moaning that we can't expand!!

Enjoy the now, always waiting for tomorrow is dangerous as it doesn't always come...

Its funny that the majority of fans would take the situation on head first, install the stands then take to court anyone that said it wasn't safe in the European courts. Its clear NO owners or chairman have big enough dangles to do it.. bunch of pussies the lot of them.

It's a start - then maybe after a few years of this with no incidents, supporters can start pushing for the other option. Don't think we'll see two people for one seat for many, many years though.

And you can guarantee they'd never let us drink beer in the stands the Danchevs.

Its funny that the majority of fans would take the situation on head first, install the stands then take to court anyone that said it wasn't safe in the European courts. Its clear NO owners or chairman have big enough dangles to do it.. bunch of pussies the lot of them.

I imagine that would be akin to building an extension on your house before getting the planning permission

I've been going to football for over 60 years and can assure people that standing in a large crowd when they avalanche downwards is terrifying and extremely dangerous. I'm sure stadiums are better designed and have higher safety standards nowadays, but now with relaxed drinking laws macarons can now drink themselves senseless or to a level where they behave recklessly before attending games and I can only see more disasters. It's a pity but the minority always spoil it for the majority of sane people out there.

Fans behind the goal stand up at virtually every ground anyway. I'm betting safe standing will be in the majority of Premier League grounds within 10 years.

i don't think that's true as Dortmunds famous stand has a higher capacity when it is in safe standing mode, for league games, than it does for european games when it is all seating

I suspect that may be due to their not being able to use some seats in Euro competition games because of other UEFA regulations about pitch proximity/presence of advertising hoardings or whatever it is, though. It's clear from the video below that it's still only one person per rail-seat in either mode.

I believe that one of the alternatives to the method used at Dortmund was that each row ( Between the metal bars show on the video ) there would be two steps. In seating mode the chair covers the first step and your fit go in the front step. But in Standing mode two people can stand on each step in the allocated area.

That said. With the way that our stadiums have been constructed, and the limited room between seats. There is not enough space for the two step approach. Even them building the stadium to allow for safe standing they will not want to put less seats in to leave more space just in case. So I think any safe standing that comes in to the UK will 100% be a spot for one person. Basically the same as now but with the seats up and a bar to lean on.

You can see the steps in the pictures below (post from Skyscrapercity).

RMB2007;125510326 said:
If common sense eventually prevails in England we'll hopefully see these in this stadium.

Rail seats in standing mode:

d80ktoF.jpg

Rail seats in seated mode:

YLcP5EE.jpg

Back