• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I'm surprised that they've made the design without potential to expand. If it ever needs expanding it wouldn't be for a couple of decades if not longer but I would have thought they'd at least prepare for the possibility.

Mind you I'm still clinging on to the hope that common sense will prevail and safe standing will be allowed to be introduced into football...
Just a matter of time I would think.

Of course there is always the potential for a biggest capacity when the 'kop' is configured for standing, as mentioned somewhere.

Problem is, everyone else will increase their capacities that way as well. We need something unique to us, to stay ahead of the pack.

Perhaps we could pull an Arsenal-style thing: their seats are apparently larger than the average ones, and by reducing them to the standard size, they could fit some 6,000 more seats in. Perhaps we could try that?

Problem is, everyone else will increase their capacities that way as well. We need something unique to us, to stay ahead of the pack.

Perhaps we could pull an Arsenal-style thing: their seats are apparently larger than the average ones, and by reducing them to the standard size, they could fit some 6,000 more seats in. Perhaps we could try that?

We're onto a hiding to nothing if we enter a dingdong measuring competition with the oil money doped clubs.

We should concentrate on what we need to continue to grow and take us forward as a club. There is little point in having a stadium that you cannot regularly fill.

Besides, I would expect the other revenue streams from the redevelopment to be far more important than the bragging rights over a couple of hundred empty seats.

We're onto a hiding to nothing if we enter a dingdong measuring competition with the oil money doped clubs.

We should concentrate on what we need to continue to grow and take us forward as a club. There is little point in having a stadium that you cannot regularly fill.

Besides, I would expect the other revenue masked water tyrants from the redevelopment to be far more important than the bragging rights over a couple of hundred empty seats.

Arsenal, though. We'd eventually be behind them as well, given that they can expand their capacity at any time (subject to gaining the planning permission for it, of course). Yes, there is little point having a stadium we cannot fill. But having a stadium full to the rafters with yet more fans unable to gain access (which I hope will be the case, what with the success we're hoping to achieve with the money from said stadium) while our rivals expand their own stadia with impunity....I'm not sure that's the wisest course of action, is all.

Arsenal need the bigger seats to accommodate the bigger ars_eholes that sit in them.

Our stadium will be somewhat unique in comparison to older stadiums anyway and I include Arsenal's stadium in that - sliding pitch, huge kop stand, ultra modern, etc. I'm happy enough with what's in the pipeline and any potential increase as a result of future standing areas. The real money is in corporate anyway and if we have a variety of stuff going on in the stadium that will trump what's on offer from our competitors IMO.

Arsenal, though. We'd eventually be behind them as well, given that they can expand their capacity at any time (subject to gaining the planning permission for it, of course). Yes, there is little point having a stadium we cannot fill. But having a stadium full to the rafters with yet more fans unable to gain access (which I hope will be the case, what with the success we're hoping to achieve with the money from said stadium) while our rivals expand their own stadia with impunity....I'm not sure that's the wisest course of action, is all.

There is a lot of hypotheticals there. I think that we need to go back and look again at why we are looking to expand the stadium. I think that it is so that we can generate more revenue to enable us to compete on a more even footing with the clubs above us. Seats in the stadium is just one of many revenue generators within this plan and I would not be surprised if it was the one with the lowest yield. We, of course, need to build a stadium that can meet increased demand from growth but we need to balance this against what the site and local infrastructure can support.

We don't need something unique. We are a London club. We can charge rates for corporate that other clubs in world can only dream of. That is where the money is. A few thousand seats here and there is nothing in the scheme of things. An extra thousand seats over a season of 19 games at say 53 quid a pop would be a flat £1m. Is that worth the planning and public transport hassle to up our capacity?

we are currently punching well above our weight financially .... stadium gets built ... bam! we start making more dough than most teams across europe ... i think we are 12 to 15th on the rich list already ...

@milo, @Rorschach , @Modric THFC ...

Fine, I'll drop it. You guy have brought up some pertinent points regarding the hassle it would likely be to adjust local infrastructure to accommodate an increased capacity, and I hadn't thought of that. Still, I hope in 40 years' time, we aren't all sitting there waiting for 'New WHL 2' because our old one is too small to compete at the top level. :p

Fine, I'll drop it. You guy have brought up some pertinent points regarding the hassle it would likely be to adjust local infrastructure to accommodate an increased capacity, and I hadn't thought of that. Still, I hope in 40 years' time, we aren't all sitting there waiting for 'New WHL 2' because our old one is too small to compete at the top level. :p

im sure there will always be a way of expanding the stadium .... frankie says relax

Actually would be very surprised if there would be a need for mega-stadiums in the future.

Within 5 years, every game will be available on any device/any where in the world, probably with 4K, multi camera views, etc, etc.

Most people will be content to see that, vs. making the effort/expense of in person attendance.

:D
If I'm sitting here in 40 years I'll just be happy about that let alone the stadium size ;) .
Anyway 40 years from now we'll probably just stick a USB cable in our own heads anyway.:confused:

Actually would be very surprised if there would be a need for mega-stadiums in the future.

Within 5 years, every game will be available on any device/any where in the world, probably with 4K, multi camera views, etc, etc.

Most people will be content to see that, vs. making the effort/expense of in person attendance.

Would that bring down ticket prices, though? I figure a development like that would allow more people to attend, which in turn would argue for a larger capacity, not a smaller one, no? Still, I hadn't considered the technological advancement angle, either.

The cost of adding a few more seats later will be so high that it's simply not worth it. It would take ages before we start making any additional money from them and we'd be talking peanuts anyway.

The cost of adding a few more seats later will be so high that it's simply not worth it. It would take ages before we start making any additional money from them and we'd be talking peanuts anyway.

yep, much easier to put the price up by a quid, no ones gonna notice that

Back