• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

My understanding is:

Chelsea 60k
Liverpool 58k (once they expand the Anfield Road End)
Emirates Marketing Project 54k (with plans to make it 62k)

Come the next decade the Prem will boast a very impressive stadium list, it'll be like the Royal Navy and its Dreadnoughts back in the day, very impressive.

They were only ever used at Jutland, you know. And then were quickly overtaken by technological developments and obsolescence. So, suffice it to say, bit of an ominous analogy you've got going on there. :p

Will we be able to fill 61000 seats though, week after week? Against Hull or Stoke on a cold Wednesday evening in February?

I think we will see more games with a considerable number of empty seats in the new stadium, but of course there will be plenty of sell outs as well - particularly if we do well, I suspect. Will be awesome with 50 odd thousand home fans in the first Arse derby though.

Seriously guys who gives a fudging brick about how big stadiums are, I get beating Arsenal, I do.. but Chelsea!? They are pretty much non existent in my mind as are City. Everything they do under there current regime owners is sullied by what they did, what they have done and what they still do back home in achieving there wealth, had either done it in the West both would be serving long prison sentences. Do not worry yourself about Chelsea, don't acknowledge there existence ever they will never ever be better than us at anything. Ever.

Will we be able to fill 61000 seats though, week after week? Against Hull or Stoke on a cold Wednesday evening in February?

I think we will see more games with a considerable number of empty seats in the new stadium, but of course there will be plenty of sell outs as well - particularly if we do well, I suspect. Will be awesome with 50 odd thousand home fans in the first Arse derby though.

They have to minimize that by getting support for future years with reduced prices. Apparently they have 30k people on the waiting list. I used to be one of them but I reduced my membership as I was nowhere near to getting a call in 4 years. But I would buy one straight away at the new stadium.

They need to offer very reduced season tickets for children. Get their dads bring them along with them. All that kids for a £1 stuff as well at the smaller games. Maintain the current price for a while and entice in the guys on the list to sign up. If they can get 40k on Season tickets then we are laughing. I know a lot of spurs fans who only go to a few games as getting tickets is such a hassle. With the bigger capacity this issue goes away.

The lure of the new stadium will help for a long time. Wembley was struggling with England games before they built the new one. So the lure, and good prices and help for families can go a long way. If that 17K home end could be all season ticket holders and members that would be immense.

Fill 61k week after week? Ohhh, geez. I don't know.

And against ho-hum opposition on a freezing midweek date? Whooh! Who knows, eh? Anything could happen, but I don't know.

As for the 'considerable number of empty seats'? I don't know. Do you?

And the sellouts? Who knows? What do you really think?

What if we're not doing well? Wow. That's anybody's guess. What do you reckon?

It might be awesome in the first Arse derby. But what if they're thrashing us? Could be awful. I don't know.

Anything could happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fill 61k week after week? Ohhh, geez. I don't know.

And against ho-hum opposition on a freezing midweek date? Whooh! Who knows, eh? Anything could happen, but I don't know.

As for the 'considerable number of empty seats'? I don't know. Do you?

And the sellouts? Who knows? What do you really think?

What if we're not doing well? Wow. That's anybody's guess. What do you reckon?

It might be awesome in the first Arse derby. But what if they're thrashing us? Could be awful. I don't know.

Anything could happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

No need for the sarcasm, just asking IMO valid questions.

Lots of people, me included, are buzzing about the new stadium with its features and increased capacity. Seeing as lots of us also make an issue of Arse/City not filling up their bigger stadia, don't you think it's reasonable to ask if the same night happen to us?

I hope that we give them a reduced allocation because of safety concerns

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread before but my son sent me a text saying, "What is 61,000 divided by a thousand?"....

The answer, of course, is a very special year... A very nice little touch if that had actually been considered.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread before but my son sent me a text saying, "What is 61,000 divided by a thousand?"....

The answer, of course, is a very special year... A very nice little touch if that had actually been considered.
I dont see it as a nice touch. And I hope that is not the reason or that it gets out to other fans. Because its a reminder that most of us were not even born the last time Spurs got a title.

Yes NLS.. rumour is the capacity is 61,062

Its subtle as some will say its done to beat the goons but the majority will say its to honour our past.

No need for the sarcasm, just asking IMO valid questions.

Lots of people, me included, are buzzing about the new stadium with its features and increased capacity. Seeing as lots of us also make an issue of Arse/City not filling up their bigger stadia, don't you think it's reasonable to ask if the same night happen to us?

Nope.

Just promotes negative thinking. Let's not do that.

Loved your avatar when it was animated.

1805508_tottenham-3.jpg

The architect behind Tottenham Hotspur’s new ground was also the lead on the home of arch rivals Arsenal, the Emirates stadium.

Australian Christopher Lee has now been tasked by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy with building a new ground for Arsenal’s north London rivals.

Populous has released details of the new ground for Spurs – which will go one better than Arsenal’s with its capacity set to be 61,000, eclipsing the capacity of Arsenal’s 60,432.

The revised capacity will mean it will eventually be the biggest club stadium in London.

Lee told BD that Levy approached the firm to review the scheme back in 2013, which had then been designed by KSS with a capacity of 56,000.

“He contacted us completely out of the blue,” Lee said. “Arsenal was never really mentioned when we spoke. Daniel and I got on well and he liked what we were talking about and he asked us how we could produce a better scheme for him.

“He’s the kind of chap who’s always looking to improve and does nothing but demand improvement.”

Lee said the capacity would be fixed at 61,000 with nothing in the design that would allow it to be expanded further.

“It’s a case of what is right for the site, their fans and their own needs,” Lee said.

The ground has been redesigned, partly with the NFL in mind after the club agreed a 10-year deal to host a minimum of two gridiron matches a season.

An artificial pitch for NFL games will be laid below the grass football pitch while the ground also includes a single-tier stand holding 17,000 people, making it the largest of its kind in the country.

And the scheme will include a ‘Sky-Walk’ that will allow visitors access to the top of the stadium roof. Lee said it would be similar to the walk over the O2 Arena and will include an observation deck on the edge of the roof.

It will also include an indoor climbing wall as part of an Extreme Sports centre and a visitors’ centre with an interactive museum of club and local heritage.

Also working on the development is Allies & Morrison which is behind 579 new homes – up from 285 homes – next door to the new ground while Donald Insall Associates is heritage architect – the firm is working on the Grade II listed Warmington House which is being incorporated as part of the museum.

Plans are due to go in to Haringey council after the summer with main construction work expected to begin in the first quarter of next year. The club is due to move into its new home in time for the start of the 2018-19 season.

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/tottenham-turn-to-arsenal-designer-for-new-stadium/5076407.article#

Shame but guess that will be enough for a while, it's big enough for us and should ensure most games are sold out. Increase in 10-15K more per year is minimal really as we'll have a stack of corporate boxes in there that will generate most of the matchday revenue.

I'm surprised that they've made the design without potential to expand. If it ever needs expanding it wouldn't be for a couple of decades if not longer but I would have thought they'd at least prepare for the possibility.

Mind you I'm still clinging on to the hope that common sense will prevail and safe standing will be allowed to be introduced into football...

Sigh. Well, it was too perfect to be true.Still brilliant, mind: just not as future-proofed as I hoped it would be.

Of course there is always the potential for a biggest capacity when the 'kop' is configured for standing, as mentioned somewhere.

Back