• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Gonna be a long day...

DudeWaiting.gif

Anyone know when we will hear any outcome? Can't seem to get anything done at work today...;)

I can't find anything about whether the deadline is 5pm or midnight. But nothing will probably be announced until at least tomorrow, possibly early next week.

I kind of imagine Archways lawyer will be sat outside the clerks office with his letter, waiting for 16:59:50.

I thought the appealdate was the 25th?

No - I'm pretty sure that was just the thing on the justice.org tracking system that referred to their request to the High Court to appeal (the one that was dismissed instantly) and what would happen next if that was successful:

Case Tracker for Civil Appeals
Summary Case Details for 20150115
Case
Reference: C1/2015/0115

Title: Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited & Anr v The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government & Ors

Type: Permission to Appeal

Appeal / Application:

for permission to appeal and a stay of execution

Hearing Status: Window of 04-Mar-15 to 25-Mar-15

Venue: London

Constitution:
Not assigned
Not assigned
Not assigned

Case results:
Dismissed on 02-Feb-15

Track Your Case:
Current Status: Matter Dealt with - see Case Results

Tracking Information:
02-Feb-15: Case given a final judgment
13-Jan-15: Letter sent to applicant/solicitor to request bundles and/or documents

http://casetracker.justice.gov.uk/listing_calendar/search.do?search=archway

I can't find anything about whether the deadline is 5pm or midnight. But nothing will probably be announced until at least tomorrow, possibly early next week.

I kind of imagine Archways lawyer will be sat outside the clerks office with his letter, waiting for 16:59:50.

...and the josifs on their twitter waiting to send an "eat this!" message

I can't imagine that Levy will jump the gun on an announcement so it wouldn't surprise me if he waits til our lawyers have checked once the court opens on Monday and then Spurs put something on the OS

Worcester Ave.JPG
From the Haringey Council's Northumberland Park area regeneration plans....... moving Paxton Road and losing Worcester Avenue?

ARCHWAY SHEET METAL WORKS LIMITED & TRUSTEES OF THE JOSIF FAMILY

Judicial proceedings to challenge the Compulsory Purchase Order of our premises.

Whilst we were disappointed and surprised by the judgment of Sir Ian Dove in dismissing our claim to the compulsory purchase order made by Haringey Council to support the stadium scheme of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, we have decided not to appeal against his decision. The Judge’s finding on our key ground of challenge turned on his conclusion that the Club had not sufficiently settled its intention to make the changes to the CPO scheme that it had been confidentially discussing with key planning and transport authorities over a period of 12 months or more.

We were very pleased that the Judge expressly acknowledged that we were perfectly entitled to pursue these matters and that the proceedings were a perfectly proper exercise of our rights. He also refused to make a costs order against us in respect of the Council’s and the Club’s costs in these proceedings.

We have throughout sought to act reasonably and properly in the defence of our rights. The Judge’s acknowledgment is a clear recognition that our actions were legitimate and proper.

We have always been willing to negotiate with the club on a reasonable and proper basis. Our efforts towards that end have been unsuccessful so far, but we will continue to try to achieve a proper settlement by agreement if that is possible.

Our other overriding objective is also to arrange for the relocation of our family business as quickly as possible and to preserve the jobs of those we employ. Our relocation will presumably also enable the Club to carry out their stadium development and enable them to achieve their commercial objectives.

Posted by:
The Director of Archway Sheet Metal Works Limited & the Josif Family Trustees.
13th March 2015.

Nice! Let's just cross our fingers and hope it's true...

(I demand suspensions at the BBC if it's not! :p)

Will wait until the official statement from the club before popping the champagne (drinking the celebratory whiskey).

Back