• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

With a 61k stadium you have to imagine that there will be scope for plenty of lower priced tickets. Maybe not in the prime locations but when the supply is plentiful, as it will be, I can see Spurs introducing loads of promos to get bums on seats.

And to a degree stadium revenue is less important when compared to the huge TV money on offer, which is another reason to allow a little leeway on pricing. If the product on view is good, and this includes the stadium atmosphere, then the TV and overseas support will grow and increase our revenue s.treams on those fronts. If we get this right we could be the place to go see a PL match in much the same way Dortmund draws lots of neutrals.

west ham have an advantage there, much easier to get to and you have westfield close by, however impressive the new lane is it will still be in the middle of a brickhole and difficult to get to

west ham have an advantage there, much easier to get to and you have westfield close by, however impressive the new lane is it will still be in the middle of a crudhole and difficult to get to

It's not as easy to get to as the Emirates, but I do think the whole WHL is a tough ground to get to line is a bit overblown. Granted there are no tubes within 15 minutes, but there are two overground stations with good transport links just 2 minutes and 5 minutes walk away respectively. Chelsea is a tough ground to get to from anywhere in Central London, as is Fulham, Palace and West Ham.

west ham have an advantage there, much easier to get to and you have westfield close by, however impressive the new lane is it will still be in the middle of a crudhole and difficult to get to
Location is one thing but if the product on sale is not as good then we will have that over them. Their stadium will never be full, they can hardly fill their current one, nor will the viewing experience be good with poor sight-lines and seats a long distance from the pitch. Also they're West fudging Ham.
If the idea of having a single tiered stand (maybe with standing sometime later) happens as most would like then we'll have our version of the Südtribüne. This will be hard to beat. Also our crudhole is going to get a load of shiny new buildings as part of the regeneration of the area. It will be less cruddy and easier to get to somewhere down the line.

The thing that puts us off all the way down South is the ridiculous way you can only get 2 tickets at a time. I was a member and had to wait until general sale to buy anymore tickets and left with scraps.

Just want to say thanks to all those who have kept us in the loop on this project. Considering how long it's been going on, it's easy to have lost focus and interest to a point. Great to see the thread has been live and kicking. I've been meaning to drive down to the High Street but not had the time recently (shame as I used to play footie regularly at the Northumberland astro turf and indoor venue). Cheers folks.

Excuse my ignorance but is the underground extension plan totally dead and buried then?

Haringey keep putting it in their strategic plans, but it wasn't in the transport survey for the new ground (which focused on capacities at WHL, Hale and SS).

Even though it is a quick win (there's is already Victoria Line track running to NP, just no platforms) I think probably it has been superseded by plans for CrossRail 2 to go to Northumberland Park

I think the plan is dead.

There is a limit on how many trains run on the track (I think something like 32 per hour). If some trains go to the Northumberland Park depot then they have to run less trains to Whalthamstow, but the trains are already at full capacity during rush hour. So a regular service is impossible without reducing service elsewhere.

The only plausible option would be some trains off-peak or only for special events (like the old Olympia arrangement). If only used for games at WHL then I suspect the club would have to pay for the station at the depot, as it wouldn't be part of the general regeneration..

There is a limit on how many trains run on the track (I think something like 32 per hour). If some trains go to the Northumberland Park depot then they have to run less trains to Whalthamstow, but the trains are already at full capacity during rush hour. So a regular service is impossible without reducing service elsewhere.

The only plausible option would be some trains off-peak or only for special events (like the old Olympia arrangement). If only used for games at WHL then I suspect the club would have to pay for the station at the depot, as it wouldn't be part of the general regeneration..

Well every other tube is for Seven Sisters. Instead of it ending at Seven Sister, running into the Depot then coming back out again to start at Seven Sisters. It would end at Northumberland Park then reverse and come out the other way. I think that is easily feasible seeing as its basically what they do already but just not pick up any passengers at the depot.

Well every other tube is for Seven Sisters. Instead of it ending at Seven Sister, running into the Depot then coming back out again to start at Seven Sisters. It would end at Northumberland Park then reverse and come out the other way. I think that is easily feasible seeing as its basically what they do already but just not pick up any passengers at the depot.
So is it just a question of money?

The plan or suggestion for the Victoria Line is dead and will be for the foreseeable future. There is no plans or indeed appetite, from TfL and LU to create a brand new station that would be used to serve Spurs and that only in reality. Feasibility studies will have been done even at a basic level and indications are obviously showing that aside from the matchday there is no direct benefit in building this station and the disruption it would cause trying to squeeze it in as near to the National Rail running line wouldn't be cost effective or give value for money given the numerous other rail and bus options nearby.

It also isn't just as simple to suggest that you plonk a station in the depot and just run trains to it. The signalling system upgrade for the Victoria Line offers 34 trains per hour during the peak in the central area (Seven Sisters - Victoria), it doesn't take into account pure Walthamstow to Brixton running and to make sure Walthamstow was serviced as adequately as it is now then it would have to be an almost Mill Hill like service on the Northern Line on anything other than a match day. That is not cost effective for the tax payer in any scenario. You also have the job of having to create a new running line that diverges away from shed roads which take up all the space as far as I am aware in the yard at Northumberland Park and then the space to create the station building with everything conforming to LU standard. That again is a difficult scenario to overcome because there is no other depot that houses rolling stock on the Victoria Line so space is at a premium and they also have to outstable at both Walthamstow and Brixton due to lack of space.

Given the extra mileage, extra rolling stock would be needed, maybe another 3-4 trains to maintain the current level of performance whilst having enough stock to cover the Northumberland Park branch and have spare stock to cover for trains that go defective in service. It all adds up and is not particularly feasible when you drill down and look at the factors and variables that make a project like the one suggested a viable option.

IMO it won't ever happen and quite frankly it doesn't need to either.

And yet it seems like creating a passenger station at the depot would be one of the most fundamental ways to boost regeneration outside of stadium-related developments. When you look at a map of the tube system, it sits right in the midst of a dead zone for tube transport. With that facility in place, it instantly gives the area a boost in so many ways.

And yet it seems like creating a passenger station at the depot would be one of the most fundamental ways to boost regeneration outside of stadium-related developments. When you look at a map of the tube system, it sits right in the midst of a dead zone for tube transport. With that facility in place, it instantly gives the area a boost in so many ways.

That's why Haringey want it, not just the club

The extension to NP has been planned since the Victoria line opened in the late 60s, but never implemented.

That's why Haringey want it, not just the club

The extension to NP has been planned since the Victoria line opened in the late 60s, but never implemented.

It has never been planned at all and certainly not since the opening of the line, that is a false statement. There has been 'potential' as was indicated as recently as 2012 but never has there been any concrete plan of any type relating to Northumberland Park whatsoever and to say otherwise would be misleading and factually incorrect.

Back