• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

This...the upmost important part of the clubs future... 2 pages in 2 months...

speaks volumes ...............is there a known agenda....or is Ambromovich lining the pockets of Archway ...giving them money to support their case?

Another point ....surely we can do better than Milton Keynes as a stand in for WHL.

Anyway there is not much help in the direction of support in the volume of our fan base!...more fans equal more money for the club..

Bayern Munich has repaid Allianz Arena ahead of time

The Allianz Arena cost €346 million. It is being reported that FC Bayern Munich has managed to pay off "all debts, loans and costs" related to the Arena during the 2014 calendar year, around 16 years ahead of schedule.

14387061929_1a60d30f75_b.jpg

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/11/munich_bayern_repaid_allianz_arena_ahead_of_plan

Proof that Levy is within his rights to build a new stadium instead of redeveloping the current Lane. Even at a capacity slightly less than that lot down the road we'd still be a force to be reckoned with.

Olympic stadium.

Wembley.

Would take either of those ahead of MK, so would almost any Spurs fan and I assume, even knowing all the details we do not, the board. But how realistic are those as solutions? Neither look promising - Wembley will not allow 20+ more matches a season, whilst the Olympic Stadium is West Ham's home ground. As a taxpayer I fiercely believe the decision should not be theirs but they will almost certainly will end up expressing a lot of influence.

I do see that MK should be Plan C (or even Plan Z behind Twickenham, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Selhurst Park, Brisbane Road...) but it remains an option and so I do not feel it should be opposed at this stage.

Wembley is out the window, what with the NFL games being due to be staged there (3 games a season irc)

it's only a season, its for our long term benefit

we should do whatever makes most financial sense

if anyone is blinkered enough to have a problem with that, **** em

Would take either of those ahead of MK, so would almost any Spurs fan and I assume, even knowing all the details we do not, the board. But how realistic are those as solutions? Neither look promising - Wembley will not allow 20+ more matches a season, whilst the Olympic Stadium is West Ham's home ground. As a taxpayer I fiercely believe the decision should not be theirs but they will almost certainly will end up expressing a lot of influence.

I do see that MK should be Plan C (or even Plan Z behind Twickenham, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Selhurst Park, Brisbane Road...) but it remains an option and so I do not feel it should be opposed at this stage.

The restriction on the number of events that can be staged at Wembley only applies to events attracting crowds of more than 50K. If Spurs were to play there for a season, they wouldn't use the upper tier - thereby restricting attendances to 50K.

As to the Olympic stadium, West Ham can only stop us using it during the first season that they are using it. Thereafter, we can share with them temporarily - although we would have to organise our schedule around theirs rather than vice versa.

I'm sure that MK is a valid option but I'm hoping that Levy is mostly using it as a negotiating tool in discussions with the FA (Wembley) and LLDC (the Olympic stadium) - both of whom need the money and will be trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

The restriction on the number of events that can be staged at Wembley only applies to events attracting crowds of more than 50K. If Spurs were to play there for a season, they wouldn't use the upper tier - thereby restricting attendances to 50K.

As to the Olympic stadium, West Ham can only stop us using it during the first season that they are using it. Thereafter, we can share with them temporarily - although we would have to organise our schedule around theirs rather than vice versa.

I'm sure that MK is a valid option but I'm hoping that Levy is mostly using it as a negotiating tool in discussions with the FA (Wembley) and LLDC (the Olympic stadium) - both of whom need the money and will be trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible.

A la Daniel no doubt :D

Anyway back to the point. Is there not some suggestion around playing the bigger games at either Wembley or the OS and lesser ones eg v Burnley at MK?

A la Daniel no doubt :D

Anyway back to the point. Is there not some suggestion around playing the bigger games at either Wembley or the OS and lesser ones eg v Burnley at MK?

I believe that current Premier League rules prevent teams from using more than one home stadium during any one season.

The rationale for that being, I guess, to ensure that no teams gain an advantage by playing one of their away games at a supposedly easier venue.

I believe that current Premier League rules prevent teams from using more than one home stadium during any one season.

The rationale for that being, I guess, to ensure that no teams gain an advantage by playing one of their away games at a supposedly easier venue.

Thanks. Puts that one to bed good and proper.

What is allowed though is to play different stadiums in the different competitions.
We could use Wembley for Champions League, play Premier League at MK, and domestic cup games at the Valley or wherever

What is allowed though is to play different stadiums in the different competitions.
We could use Wembley for Champions League, play Premier League at MK, and domestic cup games at the Valley or wherever

I admire the optimism!

I admire the optimism!

The pessimism of some on here, I'm surprised it wasn't the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Bizarrely Leeds fans seemed to love playing in that competition and were gutted not to win it.

Based on current home form, can't we play the season in an empty WHL. The can demolish the north stand and just use the pitch.

Based on current home form, can't we play the season in an empty WHL. The can demolish the north stand and just use the pitch.

Haha, What's the minimum a stadium needs to hold for a PL team. We could just bulldoze the stands and go Sunday league style with some rope around the pitch.

Haha, What's the minimum a stadium needs to hold for a PL team. We could just bulldoze the stands and go Sunday league style with some rope around the pitch.

There are certain minimum requirements for media and there's also safety concerns. We'd need at least a small stand and platforms for cameras and a pretty big fence around the area.

how about asking the PL if we can play everyone away twice instead?

Back