• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

It might also be a strategy planted by the club to further increase the pressure on Archway. Us being away for 2 seasons would have a serious impact on other local businesses,which they won't be fond of.

Why hasn't the club come out with a statement yet saying that the mail on sunday story ain't true then........so if they don't it means Milton Keynes proposal is on the cards most probably.

Why hasn't the club come out with a statement yet saying that the mail on sunday story ain't true then........so if they don't it means Milton Keynes proposal is on the cards most probably.

The club have a policy of not commenting on speculation.

Milton Keynes for a year will happen though. I remember Paul Barber talking about it as a matter of fact as much as 6 years ago.

When newspapers are fishing, they put out a straw man for people to deny. Hopefully they are given more facts on which they base further speculative articles.

I think it quite likely that Milton Keynes is on the cards or, at least, that Spurs are quite happy for people to think that MK is on the cards (if they are using it as a negotiating tool in discussions about Wembley or the Olympic stadium). So I wouldn't expect Spurs to deny this story even if it wasn't for the fact that they hardly ever comment on media speculation.

Had a look at the site after the game today.

There has been a lot more digging over the past month or so since I last looked. I couldn't see the whole site but it looked as if a good 50% of it is now dug to a depth of about 2 metres. Big piles of rubble and earth all over the place.

Even more encouragingly, there's also a piling rig now on site.

Had a look at the site after the game today.

There has been a lot more digging over the past month or so since I last looked. I couldn't see the whole site but it looked as if a good 50% of it is now dug to a depth of about 2 metres. Big piles of rubble and earth all over the place.

Even more encouragingly, there's also a piling rig now on site.

Less encouragingly we still have to look at that f#ckin building behind the North Stand that holding all this up. Also there looked at more empty seats than normal today. Are we being over-ambitious at thinking we can fill a 55k stadium more than 4 times a season?

Less encouragingly we still have to look at that f#ckin building behind the North Stand that holding all this up. Also there looked at more empty seats than normal today. Are we being over-ambitious at thinking we can fill a 55k stadium more than 4 times a season?

A few seasons ago I would have said no. Now I will say yes. Think it would be a pretty lifeless bowl to be honest. Especially if the atmosphere we have right now carries over to there. Dear GHod, it would be 10x worse than Arsenals!

All the **** we've given West Ham over the OS, right now we're just as likely to move stadium as a championship club as they are.

All the **** we've given West Ham over the OS, right now we're just as likely to move stadium as a championship club as they are.

Wrong. We're much more likely to move into a new stadium as a Championship club. West Ham are looking much more likely than us to move into a new stadium as a Champions League club. Oh how things change. :lol: To be fair though in the event of relegation I think we can forget about a new stadium for good. No way could we afford one without Premier League football, it would be hard enough without Champions League football.

There's enough moaning and bitching about how crap Spurs are on pretty much every other thread on this forum.

Any chance that we can keep this one thread, at least, free from it?

Pretty please.....with sugar on top.

Last edited:

I'll second JimB's request.

Say what you want about the players, it's hard to be critical over how the club have gone about assembling the various components needed to erect a new stadium. Sure, there's still hurdles to clear, but, speaking in strictly general terms, at least they have put the finish line in sight. That's a big achievement in the competitive environment they operate within, not only on the pitch, but in dealing with the many societal, business, political and architectural aspects of the project.

Some photos taken today that appeared on Twitter.

Site preparation looks to be coming along nicely. Lots of digging done. Piling rig in operation, although that could just be for ground investigation rather than piling itself. Either way, it's a sign of further progress and hints at the promise that it will be all systems go if the High Court decision goes in our / Haringey's favour in January:

Photos by @david_winsley:

IK49lcN.jpg

eRPVQjd.jpg

xMtqPHH.jpg

4H2CS1E.jpg

https://twitter.com/david_winsley

The club must be very confident this is going to be resolved in January.

If it doesnt they may need to have a long look at their legal advisors

The club must be very confident this is going to be resolved in January.

If it doesnt they may need to have a long look at their legal advisors

They are probably just resigned to the fact that if he legal avenue fails then they will have to just pay the exorbitant price that Archway want.

It would be a real shame if, during the night, one of those piles fell on that building with the arched roof :-"

Just heard David Lamey on talksport saying he's been asked by people interested in buying the club about the development and council plans for the area. Is he just an other pathetic ITK bum?

Back