• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - Archway Have Appealed

Why not go back to the partial stadium build idea and plan around it. It makes no difference now anyway as the other clubs are all going to get their stadium aged of us. Of course a one time build costs less, but the other options eg MK Don's come with its own set of costs/disadvantages.
I presume that the idea was abandoned because it would be logistically difficult, prolong the build and be more expensive than moving elsewhere for a year. I doubt that this has changed.

gets interesting now, shoulda happened earlier:

http://www.24dash.com/news/communit...-over-Tottenham-Hotspur-West-Ham-ground-share

Mayor to be quizzed over Tottenham Hotspur/West Ham ground share
<time pubdate="pubdate">Tuesday 21st October 2014 - 12:16pm</time>
Leader of the Greater London Authority (GLA) Conservatives Andrew Boff will ask Boris Johnson this week if West Ham has the power to veto Spurs, if the club approached the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) requesting a ground-share deal for the 2017-18 season.

Boff is a long-time critic of the LLDC's decision to sign the Olympic Stadium over to West Ham on a 99-year lease, and has argued consistently that it represents a poor deal for the taxpayer.

I presume that the idea was abandoned because it would be logistically difficult, prolong the build and be more expensive than moving elsewhere for a year. I doubt that this has changed.
I would hope that we have been/are talking to the architects and builders of the Bilbao's San Mames stadium (an absolute work of art I think) who embarked on and completed the same type of two thirds build that we originally proposed. They started work on 26th May 2010 played their first game at the new stadium on 16 September 2013 and had the new stadium complete by ready for the 2014/2015 season.

They also built this magnificent stadium for a total of only 211 million euros!

There are some good pictures here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=450648&page=50

Ours will also cost around the same for construction, the additional money is because of having to buy all the land around it and the planning permission etc.

Ours will also cost around the same for construction, the additional money is because of having to buy all the land around it and the planning permission etc.

I thought the estimated cost of our stadium was £250 million? i.e. another 50% on top of what Bilbao's cost them.

I obviously didn't take in to account Bilbaos cost was in euros - doh!

I would hope that we have been/are talking to the architects and builders of the Bilbao's San Mames stadium (an absolute work of art I think) who embarked on and completed the same type of two thirds build that we originally proposed. They started work on 26th May 2010 played their first game at the new stadium on 16 September 2013 and had the new stadium complete by ready for the 2014/2015 season.

They also built this magnificent stadium for a total of only 211 million euros!

There are some good pictures here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=450648&page=50
A great looking stadium indeed, although construction costs are probably a tad higher here in London and sod all chance of Spurs getting public funding to pay for half of ours...

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/12/bilbao_athletics_stadium_deal_under_investigation

Tottenham fans set to trek 50 miles to Milton Keynes for at least two seasons while new Spurs base is built

• Tottenham are to play home games at MK Dons home Stadium:mk
  • The design for Spurs new ground can't be built in stages
  • The Mail on Sunday reveals fans will have to travel for two years or more
Tottenham face at least two years playing in Milton Keynes as they build their new stadium, the Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The news will dismay Spurs fans, who must trek 50 miles to the land of concrete cows not just for a single campaign but for two seasons — maybe more.

The nightmare scenario has been forced on Spurs because their stadium design won’t allow for the project to be built in phases.

Club officials recently admitted they would have to move out for a season when they receive the go-ahead to start building.

However, the prospect of long-term displacement raises concerns Spurs could be forced to play in front of low crowds for a damaging period.

Stadium:mk holds a little over 30,000 supporters.

Spurs hope to receive the green light in January when a High Court hearing will look into a major challenge to their plans.

Work on the new stadium has been held back by a local business that has refused to move to make way for the development and has used its right to appeal against a CPO decision in July that went in favour of the club.

Spurs recently confirmed delays meant they would not have a home stadium for the 2017-18 season, and would have to play home matches somewhere else.

However, as well as the prospect of additional time away from White Hart Lane, there is growing acceptance from officials that the stadium project may not be ready to open until 2020-21

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2808031/Tottenham-fans-set-trek-50-miles-Milton-Keynes-two-seasons-new-Spurs-base-built.html

What a complete farce this has turned into, 2020/21??? Wtf. If all this turns out to be true, Archway have really done a number on us, and a lot of local businesses no doubt.
2 years or more with the matchday revenue will surley cripple a lot of them

Or help the council buy the properties for the broader regeneration.

What a complete farce this has turned into, 2020/21??? Wtf. If all this turns out to be true, Archway have really done a number on us, and a lot of local businesses no doubt.

...though your commute just got a little better mate :)

Another couple of years and HS2 gets WHL on your doorstep within 2 hours

Maybe Levy's plan is to sell all of our decent players replace them with utter **** so that we never challenge for the top 4 again thus not needing the big new shiny expensive stadium

Its the Daily Mail

Heard on the radio that we may have to play at mk dons for 2 years and the earliest we can move into the new ground is 2020

Ahhh, they are using the Mail article as a source

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised. There have been so many delays already

I wouldn't worry about it.

It's the Mail on Sunday.

There isn't a single quote to support this story. Not even a hint of a quote. Nor even a suggestion of a hint of a quote. It's speculative nonsense.

Firstly, there is no reason why the stadium cannot be built in stages. It's sheer ignorance to claim otherwise. Stadia are not built so that the structural integrity of the stands at one end depends upon the structural integrity of the stands at the other end. So there's nothing to stop earthworks; piling; foundations; and erecting and fitting out two thirds of the stands while Spurs continue to play at the current stadium.

The roof is another matter. It is possible that it can only be erected once the entire main structure has been built. But that won't change the fact that much of the new stadium could already have been completed before the current stadium is demolished. Can't be built in stages?........my ars e!

Secondly, the article's final sentence..................where did that even come from? A complete non sequitur to what had preceded it. It's just the Mail making **** up and scaremongering.

...though your commute just got a little better mate :)

100miles less each home match, but tbh I would still prefer to be driving down to WHL every other week than see my team playing at MK.
As it is I have already booked a Premier Inn in MK on our way down to the Palace match in December just to test the water and find my way around the area...just in case

Back