• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Just seen someone in another thread make a Sherwood to West Ham link. I think he would absolutely suit that club down to the ground.

When Timmeh takes West Ham down, 12 months from now. I will laugh as much as I did when Hodgson was announced as England manager.

And people thought Harry couldn't keep his mouth shut?

Is it too much to ask this guy not to **** make a circus of the club for a couple of days in a row?

What do the Sherwood backers think of this ****?

I think Chancer is at work till 5.

I think Chancer is at work till 5.

I'm not a Sherwood backer.

I'm a LvG, Carlo Ancelotti or Frank de Boer backer. I would be a sceptical FSW backer.

So Sherwood is my No. 5 choice.

1, 2, 3, 4...5

Hope that's clear, because GHod knows I've said it enough times.

Has any manager bar Van Gaal and Hoddle even spoken about the job? what's he talking about?

FDB did: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/07/frank-de-boer-like-to-manage-tottenham-liverpool

And IIRC one of Spalletti and/or Allegri's agents.

I'm not a Sherwood backer.

I'm a LvG, Carlo Ancelotti or Frank de Boer backer. I would be a sceptical FSW backer.

So Sherwood is my No. 5 choice.

1, 2, 3, 4...5

Hope that's clear, because GHod knows I've said it enough times.

Only joking mate. It's just because of your relative objectivity, you've started to stand out as a bit of a last man standing.

Only joking mate. It's just because of your relative objectivity, you've started to stand out as a bit of a last man standing.

:)...yup, starting to feel that way!

Seriously though, my No. 1 criteria, above all, is not investing time, money and emotional energy in somebody who in our heart of hearts we know is a compromise candidate, but who we nonetheless have to give a 3/4 year contract to and £££££ to spend. Not to mention investing hope in. I think anybody below the 4 mentioned above falls into that category, so just give Sherwood the final year.

Blah, blah, you've heard it from me a million times so I won't bore you with it again. You know the score.

The tragic comedy that is spurs..... It can't happen though.... Can it?

Its a possibility. I could certainly see him finishing above Pullis. They could finish above us for the next 5 years and some will say we still made the right move. ;)

:)...yup, starting to feel that way!

Seriously though, my No. 1 criteria, above all, is not investing time, money and emotional energy in somebody who in our heart of hearts we know is a compromise candidate, but who we nonetheless have to give a 3/4 year contract to and £££££ to spend. Not to mention investing hope in. I think anybody below the 4 mentioned above falls into that category, so just give Sherwood the final year.

Blah, blah, you've heard it from me a million times so I won't bore you with it again. You know the score.

I'm with you on having Sherwood back on more season. I don't see any manager willing and available to join us who could make a significant improvement. With all the new faces added - and that includes the surprising emergences of Bentaleb and Kane - the best thing would be to just let everything continue to gel. Maybe add a CB. The players are clearly on side with Sherwood, as their efforts on the pitch haven't slackened.

I'm with you on having Sherwood back on more season. I don't see any manager willing and available to join us who could make a significant improvement. With all the new faces added - and that includes the surprising emergences of Bentaleb and Kane - the best thing would be to just let everything continue to gel. Maybe add a CB. The players are clearly on side with Sherwood, as their efforts on the pitch haven't slackened.

Why does everyone say there's no one else?

I think there are plenty that the board and levy should assess as candidates for the job. Plenty who are more qualified by Tim. They could prove to be unsuccessful of course but all managers and signings are gambles.

+1. If the outstanding pipe dream candidates on here aren't available Im happy to keep Sherwood and see how he goes. That being said the evidence is that he is gone....

Sherwood sure is acting like he's gone, but the club haven't said anything and only Jamie Redknapp has reported that Sherwood is gone at the end of the season. My guess is that we wanted a top manager (LVG) in and now the board are reviewing the options. If they can't find someone suitable then they may well keep him, although with the way he's carrying on I'd be suprised.

+1. If the outstanding pipe dream candidates on here aren't available Im happy to keep Sherwood and see how he goes. That being said the evidence is that he is gone....

Are you not concerned by how much we are regressing on the pitch (our organisation is appalling, we are just being bailed out because we have better quality individuals than the bottom 13 teams) and how our best/seniors players are all being alienated or losing faith?

If Sherwood stays, there will be enormous change over the summer. Huge player turnover and a return to lower quality 'character' players. The consistency option is actually to get someone to pick up and keep running with the project and the players we have.

we seem to be drifting quite aimlessly, i'd like us to change it up so we can start moving in the right direction again

Are you not concerned by how much we are regressing on the pitch (our organisation is appalling, we are just being bailed out because we have better quality individuals than the bottom 13 teams) and how our best/seniors players are all being alienated or losing faith?

If Sherwood stays, there will be enormous change over the summer. Huge player turnover and a return to lower quality 'character' players. The consistency option is actually to get someone to pick up and keep running with the project and the players we have.

Details please. Who exactly is going and who's inbound. It'll save me a lot of pointless reading this summer and I can focus on my hang-gliding lessons.

Why does everyone say there's no one else?

I think there are plenty that the board and levy should assess as candidates for the job. Plenty who are more qualified by Tim. They could prove to be unsuccessful of course but all managers and signings are gambles.

Who have you got in mind for the job and how will we go about acquiring them?

Details please. Who exactly is going and who's inbound. It'll save me a lot of pointless reading this summer and I can focus on my hang-gliding lessons.

Out: Lloris, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Lamela, Soldado
In: Foster, Rio, Lescott, Parker, Barry, Milner, Lambert etc

Back