• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sherwood has already described the squad quality as being "much of a muchness" so it's obvious he doesn't rate it. As much as I'd like to laugh, I think Rossi actually produces quite a realistic list. Lamela will likely stay because the board won't let him fail as it would represent a massive **** up on our part. Add in Ashley Cole as a possible in too.

+1. If the outstanding pipe dream candidates on here aren't available Im happy to keep Sherwood and see how he goes. That being said the evidence is that he is gone....

We're a shambles at the moment. He's alienating players, the fans cant stand him, he's playing people in random positions, he's mouthing off in the press all the time and with conflicting messages (e.g. in Jan we dont need anyone, now all our squad are average) AND, more importantly, he's never managed a team before. The only reason we're getting some results is that we have some decent players and we're doing this in spite of the manager not because of him. Next season is going to be awful is he stays in charge.

We're going to have another 'transitional' summer whether TS stays or whether a new guy comes in so would rather have the transition in moving to a proven manager, rather than someone who hasnt ever manager a team, let alone a PL team

It's always easy to complain, much harder to provide solutions. Who are these proven managers we're going to get in?

If the players are that alienated, AdamB, why have we won three and earned a dramatic, three-goal fightback draw in the past four games?

Why aren't they doing like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and packing it in early to give the club a limp end to the season, a lower finish and an easier choice for the club to make in terms of sacking Sherwood and getting rid of players. Losing any or all of these game could easily have set the media dogs loose.

But they didn't. They're playing hard when there's no apparent reason to do so. Unless they like the manager, like the group they're playing with, fancy their chances going forward and want to stick together.

Out: Lloris, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Lamela, Soldado
In: Foster, Rio, Lescott, Parker, Barry, Milner, Lambert etc

Oh my word.

OUT PLAYERS

Lloris
Evidence: ‘He has never said to me or anyone else at the club that he wants to leave. And he does not perform like he wants to leave. He gives everything all the time and that is why he is a favourite of the players and fans. ‘He is one of the top goalies and unless someone is going to spend £100million on him – and keepers do not get bought for that money – I don’t think he will leave"
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/06/tim-s...-on-tottenham-goalkeeper-hugo-lloris-4690214/
Conclusion: Sherwood is doing all he can to force him out

Chiriches
Evidence: Sherwood was part of the transfer panel that signed him less than a year ago. Vlad recently started immediately following return from injury.
Conclusion: Sherwood wants him out

Vertonghen
Evidence: Verts has wanted out long predating Sherwood, and we all know it
Conclusion: It's Sherwood's fault

Sandro
Evidence: He said Sandro wasn't good enough one week, and would be back in the team when he was. Following game, back in the squad
Conclusion: Sherwood has some vendetta against Sandro

Capoue
Evidence: Yes, Sherwood has been rude about Capoue and I don't like it at all
Conclusion: Maybe fair enough to say he wants him out

Holtby
Evidence: Last week: “We knew he was a good player, he’s playing in that No10 role and he has affected things,” said the Spurs boss. “We’ve been watching him very closely recently because we’ve got this game coming up, and he’s done very well. I think it [the loan move] was right for him, I think he’s been good for them. It’s good that he’s played some games in the Premier League so it will benefit Tottenham next year. The last thing we wanted to do was to keep him here and for him not to play, so I think that all of the new signings – the seven of them – will improve and get better, and next year they’ll be better players for having the experience of playing. But they have to play to get that experience.”
http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._pressure_to_play_lamela_1_3563696?usurv=skip
Conclusion: Holtby out

Lamela
Evidence: Last week: “It’s going to come too soon for Erik, unfortunately, the end of the season. The last thing you want to do is rush back. He’ll want to play, he certainly will, and everyone would love to see him play but it’s going to be too soon for him. Recently I spoke to our medical guys and I said in the close season we have five weeks off and then we come back and we have six weeks of pre-season, so someone who’s been out for 12 or 13 weeks surely can’t be fit in two or three days. It’s just not going to be possible, he’s not going to play this season." http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t..._pressure_to_play_lamela_1_3563696?usurv=skip
Conclusion: Wants him out

Soldado:
Evidence: After Cardiff: “Robbie scored goals in a top league in Spain. We know what he’s capable of. I’ve stuck by him and I believe he will come good. I just hope this is a platform for him to go on and score 20 goals between now and the end of the season! If I could have picked anyone to score the winning goal it would have been him. You could see how much it meant to him."
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...o-Soldado-goal-spree-after-his-Cardiff-winner
Conclusion: Out, or something

IN PLAYERS

Evidence: Sherwood doesn't fancy DMs
Conclusion: He wants to buy two of them (!!) in Parker and Barry!!!

Evidence: Sherwood has blooded loads of youth
Conclusion: He want to buy pensioner Rio

Evidence: Several people on this board want Lescott and Milner
Conclusion: Sherwood is a clown!

Lloris - Will want out to play for a team with a proper manager and setup in place.

Chiriches - Recently been demoted to 5th choice CB, even behind a rookie CB/LB hybrid like Fryers, obviously doesn't rate him.

Vertonghen - Same deal as Lloris.

Capoue - Tim pretty much didn't want any part of him from the start, would get rid if given the chance.

Sandro - Described him as not being good enough, currently behind attacking midfielders and wingers for the DM position. Will get rid, Tim won't have liked Sandro standing up for himself.

Holtby - Couldn't get him out the door quickly enough.

Lamela - We already have Lennon and Townsend for that position, two of Tim's favs. Has mocked Lamela publicly.

Soldado - Can't get a game, he's one of Baldini's guys and Tim wants to make a point about how we have players just as good in the kiddy squad.

Soldado:
Evidence: After Cardiff: “Robbie scored goals in a top league in Spain. We know what he’s capable of. I’ve stuck by him and I believe he will come good. I just hope this is a platform for him to go on and score 20 goals between now and the end of the season! If I could have picked anyone to score the winning goal it would have been him. You could see how much it meant to him."
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...o-Soldado-goal-spree-after-his-Cardiff-winner
Conclusion: Immediately dropped.
Fixed that one for you.

Conclusion: Sherwood is a clown!
Now you're getting it, welcome to the club ;)

Lloris - Will want out to play for a team with a proper manager and setup in place.

You know it's about CL, and it has been long, long before Sherwood arrived. It's seriously dishonest to say otherwise.

Chiriches - Recently been demoted to 5th choice CB, even behind a rookie CB/LB hybrid like Fryers, obviously doesn't rate him.

What on earth are you talking about? Vlad was INJURED until a couple of weeks ago and STARTED pretty much the first game he could have done, ahead of Fryers, and was only subbed because he was so atrociously bad (a point that 100% of this board agreed with.)

Again, you KNOW his discontent predated Sherwood, but for some reason you think you can just say otherwise and make it true.

Capoue - Tim pretty much didn't want any part of him from the start, would get rid if given the chance.

Capoue started Sherwood's VERY FIRST game in charge: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25328568, but you say he didn't want him from the start. Odd that. Has been injured since mid February. Also, I said I didn't particularly like Sherwood treatment of him.

Sandro - Described him as not being good enough, currently behind attacking midfielders and wingers for the DM position. Will get rid, Tim won't have liked Sandro standing up for himself.

They had handbags and then kissed and made up. The rest is speculation. Was back in squad this weekend.

Did you even read the quote I posted about being very impressed with him and wanting him back next season?

Lamela - We already have Lennon and Townsend for that position, two of Tim's favs. Has mocked Lamela publicly.

Sherwood has hardly started Townsend since he came into the job! It's VERY clear he doesn't fancy him. AT got 10 minutes at the weekend and has been on the bench!! Lennon is about our only option where he is given shape and injuries.

Soldado - Can't get a game, he's one of Baldini's guys and Tim wants to make a point about how we have players just as good in the kiddy squad.

WTF? He was injured until last week, and probably would have come on save for the Rose sub. Got injured at Anfield, a big game Sherwood STARTED him in.

It's like everything you said is the perfect reverse or a massive distortion of the actual truth.

Conclusion: Immediately dropped.

Fixed that one for you.

Sorry Ron, I don't mean to be a pr1ck, but I knew someone would fall for this one.

Here's Sherwood after the Cardiff game:

“If I rewind a little bit, he scored against Cardiff and he’s really unlucky how the fixtures fell after that.

“We had to go away at the Bridge and you can’t play with two up front there, you’ll get murdered. So we changed the way we played and I thought we got it right for an hour until we had a calamity with a few goals.

“If we had played at home against one of the teams lower he probably would have still played and maybe got into a rhythm. Players have to play with a rhythm but he’s unfortunate that the next three games after, I couldn’t play with two strikers and Adebayor was the one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...erwood-impose-touchline-3268644#ixzz30CfIcS7s
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't this board been howling for less offensive shapes? Haven't you all been saying we need more protection in the middle? A DM? And haven't you all been complaining that Sherwood is stupid not to be more felxible, and to shore up when necessary?

Well there you go. Sherwood did what this board wanted - he showed pragmatism and a more cautious approach for tough games against Top 4 teams - and then the complaint becomes that he didn't start Soldado. (If the argument is he should have dropped Ade, then that would have been stupid because Ade was scoring for fun during those weeks.)

So basically this sums up the whole anti-Sherwood cult. Slaughtered for whatever he does. Cannot win.

Just saw this. What world is he living in?

Had he managed to scrape through this cluster**** with even a shred of discipline or dignity then I'd have had to reconsider what a **** I think he is. Does he have any self-awareness whatsoever?

Yup. He has plenty. Sadly, he is hell-bent on taking the **** at every single opportunity and of trying to drag Levy and Spurs through a puddle of **** he has made. Sadly mate, there are many who cannot see the paper-thin irony in his comment(s) and to whom he is appealing. I am hopeful they are only on the internet. Let's put it this way, even Fat C**t Sam has more dignity at this point and that's saying something...

You're reachingggggggg....almost on GB levels tbh.

+1. If the outstanding pipe dream candidates on here aren't available Im happy to keep Sherwood and see how he goes. That being said the evidence is that he is gone....

He is gone. I am telling you. I've said it for the last few weeks. He cooked his goose a while back and is now ladling the sauce on. In fact, I have to say that I am suddenly grateful to Tim Sherwood for revealing himself so completely; he could've towed a public line and actually convinced people in the boardroom he was 'worth a punt' next season, whence we'd be royally ****ed with our clueless leader and Dad's Army recruits picking up disgraceful wages…

Wow. Maybe I am happy he's making such a c unt of himself regularly in the papers?!

It's always easy to complain, much harder to provide solutions. Who are these proven managers we're going to get in?

If the players are that alienated, AdamB, why have we won three and earned a dramatic, three-goal fightback draw in the past four games?

Why aren't they doing like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and packing it in early to give the club a limp end to the season, a lower finish and an easier choice for the club to make in terms of sacking Sherwood and getting rid of players. Losing any or all of these game could easily have set the media dogs loose.

But they didn't. They're playing hard when there's no apparent reason to do so. Unless they like the manager, like the group they're playing with, fancy their chances going forward and want to stick together.

Because they are professionals. And apparently pretty decent professionals who can do their job.

Sorry Ron, I don't mean to be a pr1ck, but I knew someone would fall for this one.
What I'm here for ;)

But he also dropped him for the Benfica game that followed, in favour of Harry? I know Harry dropped in a bit, but the one aspect of Soldado's season that hasn't disappointed, IMO, is his link up play. Personally I think he could've given him the start there, at the Lane, maybe built a little momentum.

Cannot win.
Not with me he can't, I've admitted as much already on one of these various threads. I have a deep dislike of the man. I'll give you that one :)

It's Redknapp all over again!!

Even when Santini and Ramos (and to relative extent, Jol) were patently clueless, we never got anything even close to the vitriol and conspiracy theories of this thread.

I have never been a TS fan and have gone on record that I don't believe he is our long term solution; however the man clearly has attributes. For one, he still has the respect of the players - despite being dead man walking. You can see this in the way we played at Stoke - no tactics, no structure but hell - with guts and passion!

Secondly these pathetic and frankly puerile posters who must have ESP as they know exactly what Sherwood is thinking and wants to do, need to get one hell of a life!!!](*,)

More importantly, what evidence do you have to support your assumptions?

Chiriches - no mention of him being injured, dropped from the squad entirely. Can't be that keen on him?
Capoue - was ready to let him go in January, why wouldn't he do the same now?
Sandro - Claims he's not good enough, can't get into the team ahead of players who aren't even proper central midfielders, left on the bench
Holtby - sent out on loan almost immediately
Soldado - can't get a game, has been an unused sub recently

I accept that Sherwood wouldn't want to sell Lloris and Vertonghen but they'll both want to go and Tim is part of the reason imo. Lamela I'm speculating but I just think he'd quite happily ship him off back to Italy, get some money in and get in a good old fashioned English player with lots of experience, spirit, grit, determination etc etc and he's quite happy keeping Aaron Lennon in the team because he knows him well and he's a top top player.

Chiriches - no mention of him being injured, dropped from the squad entirely. Can't be that keen on him?
Capoue - was ready to let him go in January, why wouldn't he do the same now?
Sandro - Claims he's not good enough, can't get into the team ahead of players who aren't even proper central midfielders, left on the bench
Holtby - sent out on loan almost immediately
Soldado - can't get a game, has been an unused sub recently

I accept that Sherwood wouldn't want to sell Lloris and Vertonghen but they'll both want to go and Tim is part of the reason imo. Lamela I'm speculating but I just think he'd quite happily ship him off back to Italy, get some money in and get in a good old fashioned English player with lots of experience, spirit, grit, determination etc etc and he's quite happy keeping Aaron Lennon in the team because he knows him well and he's a top top player.

Why cant people fathom that Managers come in with their own ideas and own preferences of who they likes a players and who they do not see fitting in? Isnt that what EVERY Manager that comes in does? Discards the ones he doesnt want and retain those he does want.

Back