• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I'm guessing you mean that TS wants a DM that can defend and attack and thus Toure is that man

Re: Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

The stats that are relevant to any Tim Sherwood argument, are progressive, cumulative stats compiled throughout his own reign at Spurs; and these will only serve to illuminate trends of his tenureship. Even then they don't account for days like yesterday, where one of the most inept managerial performances you are likely to see hampered our efforts.

So, if Sherwoods stats were crap, you wouldn't be citing them, and you would take issue with anyone who did?

I don't think I explained that properly.
I said it would take a season or more. Based on it taking 6 months for players to settle and a minimum of 6 months for a manager to get a system in place - that's the season. It could have taken more to get a settled system in place but we'll never know.

Ok fair enough.

One thing though. Can you tell me how you feel Redknapp was able to bring instant success in terms of results and performance when we first arrived? i mean we had a bunch of new foreign players (Gomes, Pav, Gio, Luka) that were not used to this league (as well as new domestic additions like Corluka and Campbell) ....and also he took over a team that was rock bottom so obviously morale was low. Why do you feel he was able to do this?

I consider Toure more of a DM than Paulinho; Sherwood doesn't rate Paulie. I think he dreams of an all-action midfielder in the style of Gerrard.

But 20 goal Toure rarely plays as a DM because they have Ferindinho

So Chadli is a better central midfielder than Sandro? Really?

Ok what stats would you like to use ?

Don't need stats, just concerned against good teams like Liverpool and Chelsea he simply did not have a clue. Going to Anfield without a naturally defensive midfielder why would you do that? We don't even use one while Chelsea use two, go figure. Shock horror we got overrun and lost without a fight

Does a midfield 4 of Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho and Eriksen lend itself to pressing the ball and winning it back ? No, it’s completely devoid of defensive dynamism

How is that midfield ever gonna stop a decent side, exactly, it does not

No I do not want him to stay on, I do not actually want him at the club at all. I can not believe in this day in age when even a dinosaur like me knows about public relations that this guy can be so poor with the media. The media and interaction with them plays a large part of the modern managers job and Sherwood lacks that understanding.

On the football side of things though he has not been a disaster he has shown to be severely lacking in tactics when it comes to the top teams, his predecessor was not a whole lot better either so it is something I would like to see more of in our next appointment.

His football philosophy is a strange one because the way he sets out our midfield is bizarre, add to that how we have started games and the number of mistakes our players make, Sherwood is not up to the job he had his chance he should move elsewhere and learn his trade.

=D>

Slowly but surely I can sense more people are coming around to the idea that changing coach for the sake of it would be stupid.

Changing Sherwood for LvG, Carlo Ancelotti or Frank de Boer would be smart.

Changing Sherwood for Pochettino, Mancini, Spaletti, Moyes, Allegri, Laudrup or any of those guys would be dumb, panicky, unnecessary, short-sighted and a FAR GREATER RISK than just leaving Sherwood with the final year of his contract.

I have yet to see a coherent case made for ANY of that second group, except that they are "not Sherwood". So we'd be appointing someone because he's not someone else? Weak as pi$$. The one exception perhaps is Pochettino, who has his obvious appeals, but even then his supporters seem less than 100% certain. Nobody is balls deep in their desire to see him appointed.

When a man engages in 'divide and conquer' games within their own club, they have made their position untenable.

Here's a nice little summary of Sherwood for some of you

http://threeandin.com/archives/38719

What on earth is this fukking macaron talking about?

He complains about Capoue not playing under Sherwood despite:
a) the guy having been injured since mid February and only returning to training this week
b) the fact he was injured in a game Sherwood started him in (!!)
c) Capoue not having been a regular before Sherwood arrived
d) the idea of Capoue alone being the explanation for our poor season is laughable in itself, as nice as it would have been to see more of him this season.
e) His complaint being that we're not playing a formation under Sherwood (the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one)...that Sherwood put out against Saudi Sportswashing Machine!!!??!

He then goes on to list all our midfielders, except for Sandro, and says none of them compliment one another, despite the fact that,
a) that's not Sherwood's fault - he signed a grand total of zero of those players
b) those midfielders have been part of a team racking up goals and points at a grand click
c) if the implication is that Bentaleb should be playing, this fukking monkey probably hadn't heard of Bentaleb 6 moths ago
d) the fact his argument sounds like 4 different arguments, but is actually only 1: we need a DM. Yet another Spurs fan infected by the negativity of AVB-itis and scared, defensive thought processes

He then says Ade and Kane don't suit each other despite,
a) being wrong about that,
b) Soldado having been injured the last number of weeks
c) and wasn't scoring before that anyway
d) Kane now having scored more from open play than Bobby
e) as has the Kane/Ade partnership compared to the Soldado/Ade one
f) Ade not even being in the squad before Sherwood came along.

Absolutely typical of the self-appointed know-nothing outrage machine that's sprung up since Sherwood's been appointed. And they continue to spout retarded, half-baked bolloxology theories like the ones above that stand up to about 2 seconds of scrutiny before falling to pieces.

Ok fair enough.

One thing though. Can you tell me how you feel Redknapp was able to bring instant success in terms of results and performance when we first arrived? i mean we had a bunch of new foreign players (Gomes, Pav, Gio, Luka) that were not used to this league (as well as new domestic additions like Corluka and Campbell) ....and also he took over a team that was rock bottom so obviously morale was low. Why do you feel he was able to do this?

He's a motivator, not a tactician. Whilst I don't like him I've always said that getting a team motivated is his skill and one he's very good at. There's no system to bed in, just a shot of confidence and some running about a bit.

Did Pav and Gio ever perform for us? I'm pretty sure they were well below par for their whole time here.

Modric didn't perform very well at first. 'Arry had him stuck out on the wing to start with (because he didn't have much in the way of a good left winger!) and only brought him inside where he performed best later on.

He's a motivator, not a tactician. Whilst I don't like him I've always said that getting a team motivated is his skill and one he's very good at. There's no system to bed in, just a shot of confidence and some running about a bit.

Did Pav and Gio ever perform for us? I'm pretty sure they were well below par for their whole time here.

Modric didn't perform very well at first. 'Arry had him stuck out on the wing to start with (because he didn't have much in the way of a good left winger!) and only brought him inside where he performed best later on.

All of those players played their best football under Harry in 09/10 when, unsurprisingly, they'd all had a season to settle themselves. Not to mention the other guys brought in at the end of the Commoli era.

I'm sure we got some performances out of them during Redknapp's first season because they had talent, but they all played to their worth on the next. Also not forgetting that he got to buy proven PL players in Defoe, Keane and Palacios in that January transfer window.

He may not have been one of the master tacticians, but he certainly wasn't clueless. He got things right tactically more often than he got them wrong, and in all fairness, who cares? he brought us the most exciting football I can remember and a run in the CL.

Redknapp didn't like Dos Santos because of his bad attitude so I don't think that one counts. Pav went on to the giddy heights of Locamotiv Moscow where his scoring record has been pretty much the same as it was at ours. So I think he performed as well as he should have for us, he just wasn't that great a player.

In the context of the question you've been asked, I agree with you in that in order to get us out of the position we were in when he took over, all that really was required was motivation as we had a squad that should have been nowhere near that position. I do feel however that Redknapp made a few smart signings and tactically he wasn't as bad as he's made out to be when we got to the higher end of the table.

Back