• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think you just need to chill out, what exactly is angering you to this degree? Under Sherwood we've played well in parts and crap in others, he's reintroduced our two best attacking players, we're scoring more goals than we were before and our record under him is pretty good on the whole. You need to get over AVB, the guy failed, he got sacked, Spurs move on, you should too.

I don't think we really have played well bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I've never seen us look so weak tactically, never seen such a clueless looking spurs team with no real passion, no real plan of action, it's like he picks players, a basic formation and just hopes for the best. i think a huge amount of luck is making people think it's all good. I just don't see anything positive bar bringing are back (which is just common sense) and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. Also playing bentaleb every game, not playing capoue when it seas so obvious we needed him, not playing eriksen the past few games when creativity is what we were crying out for. The fact he comes across as an utter ****, utterly stupid and simple about the game.... I've never hated watching spurs as I do now, when we were really ****, at least we were just ****, but now we have an incredible squad; and seeing what Tim puts out breaks me every game.

But I'm fickle, like now I' starting to think we can catch arsenal, 6 points behind tomorrow, we beat them 3 points; we have an easy end run in and just imagine if we pulled something out of cheslea and liverppool.... And then tomorrow I'll see us play and everything will be destroyed....

Success is more likely with someone who has proven to win games at Tottenham.

Unfortunately that's a lot of opinion and no fact whatsoever. Do you have any evidence for this or do we just accept it?

Paul Robinson won quite a few matches as Spurs keeper, does that make him a better option than Lloris?

Zokora was proven to win matches, is he a better option than Sandro? How about Pleat? Surely he was a better option than Timmeh at one point?

I don't think we really have played well bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I've never seen us look so weak tactically, never seen such a clueless looking spurs team with no real passion, no real plan of action, it's like he picks players, a basic formation and just hopes for the best. i think a huge amount of luck is making people think it's all good. I just don't see anything positive bar bringing are back (which is just common sense) and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. Also playing bentaleb every game, not playing capoue when it seas so obvious we needed him, not playing eriksen the past few games when creativity is what we were crying out for. The fact he comes across as an utter ****, utterly stupid and simple about the game.... I've never hated watching spurs as I do now, when we were really ****, at least we were just ****, but now we have an incredible squad; and seeing what Tim puts out breaks me every game.

But I'm fickle, like now I' starting to think we can catch arsenal, 6 points behind tomorrow, we beat them 3 points; we have an easy end run in and just imagine if we pulled something out of cheslea and liverppool.... And then tomorrow I'll see us play and everything will be destroyed....

Yet you didn't feel this way about AVB?

Unfortunately that's a lot of opinion and no fact whatsoever. Do you have any evidence for this or do we just accept it?

Paul Robinson won quite a few matches as Spurs keeper, does that make him a better option than Lloris?

Zokora was proven to win matches, is he a better option than Sandro? How about Pleat? Surely he was a better option than Timmeh at one point?

My evidence would be the managerial merry go round of the last ten years, none of that has worked. Why not give it to someone internally, who knows the club inside out? It's not an alien concept. Tim's doing a good job, if he'd been caretaker here before AVB had come and you had the choice of him or AVB you would have gone for AVB. Yet Tim's proving himself a batter candidate so far....

My evidence would be the managerial merry go round of the last ten years, none of that has worked. Why not give it to someone internally, who knows the club inside out? It's not an alien concept. Tim's doing a good job, if he'd been caretaker here before AVB had come and you had the choice of him or AVB you would have gone for AVB. Yet Tim's proving himself a batter candidate so far....

So your logic for not replacing the incumbent with a better manager is that last time we replaced a manager it worked?

Sorry but that's not a kind of logic I can even begin to argue with!

So your logic for not replacing the incumbent with a better manager is that last time we replaced a manager it worked?

No my point was AVB had a CV and that didn't work. Sherwood has no prior experience,just knows the club and is doing well with the same tools. Same goes for when Santini came from managing France, it ended up being the much lower profile Jol who came to prominence...

No my point was AVB had a CV and that didn't work. Sherwood has no prior experience,just knows the club and is doing well with the same tools. Same goes for when Santini came from managing France, it ended up being the much lower profile Jol who came to prominence...

So your point is that the less experienced a manager is the better they are at managing?

So your point is that the less experienced a manager is the better they are at managing?

No. You want a more experienced manager. I've just give a couple of examples why that doesn't necessarily work. Combined with the fact Sherwood has been getting good results and has no reason to be sacked I'm questioning your over eagerness for change....

You really are dissembling Scara. I put to you the scenario where TS got us 4th and won the EC. Hence he would have achieved a proven success with us and with our players at our club. Yet you would still opt to change him for someone who may have had a record of success elsewhere, eg Graham, Jol, Redknapp, AVB etc but has not had any success whatsoever with our club. A massive gamble IMO and one that is entirely unwarranted if we win the Europa and get 4th. Surely even you can admit TS deserves a chance to fashion his own team and squad if he somehow managed to achieve that.

No. You want a more experienced manager. I've just give a couple of examples why that doesn't necessarily work. Combined with the fact Sherwood has been getting good results and has no reason to be sacked I'm questioning your over eagerness for change....

My eagerness for change is due to us having a real worldy lifting his skirt for us. Actually there's a load more reasons why we've been winning despite Timmeh rather than because of him but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go through them.

But there's no need to though - it's just pointless. I really like Bentaleb, but if Xavi is asking us for a job then he needs to step aside. There's not even a comparison. Even if Timmeh is very very good and very very lucky it's still unlikely that he'll ever be good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as LvG - few managers ever have been.

My eagerness for change is due to us having a real worldy lifting his skirt for us. Actually there's a load more reasons why we've been winning despite Timmeh rather than because of him but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go through them.

But there's no need to though - it's just pointless. I really like Bentaleb, but if Xavi is asking us for a job then he needs to step aside. There's not even a comparison. Even if Timmeh is very very good and very very lucky it's still unlikely that he'll ever be good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as LvG - few managers ever have been.

Two words to that. Brian Clough. Won Championships and European Cups with Derby and Forest. Was an abject failure at reigning league champions Leeds, where he lasted about 40 days and at Brighton. There are no guarantees that proven track records will work elsewhere. Our foreign managers just haven't worked out, what makes you think another one would? And why?

Add Capello and Eriksen to that list too- abject failures in England despite fantastic track records elsewhere.

Yes Im not sure, I don't think anyone can be but more than happy to give him a fair crack of the whip. He deserves that at least....

Agreed. He may or may not be the real deal, but only time will tell.

Do you think LvG really wants to come to Spurs, or is he just putting it out there, to the wider audience, despite the Spurs references?
I'm not anti TS at all, and think he's done well, but I'm not black and white about it, and if LvG was available, would **** TS off el pronto. He will land on his feet anyway, and as know, there's **** all loyalty.

I'm just curious to see what the views are, as to the probability of Lvg joining. a) Does he really want it and b) can it really happen?

if a manager isn't smart enough to realise they should never work for Levy then they aren't smart enough to be our manager IMO

whats that situation called, where Yossarian, he'd know?

Two words to that. Brian Clough. Won Championships and European Cups with Derby and Forest. Was an abject failure at reigning league champions Leeds, where he lasted about 40 days and at Brighton. There are no guarantees that proven track records will work elsewhere. Our foreign managers just haven't worked out, what makes you think another one would? And why?

Add Capello and Eriksen to that list too- abject failures in England despite fantastic track records elsewhere.

Good post

if a manager isn't smart enough to realise they should never work for Levy then they aren't smart enough to be our manager IMO

whats that situation called, where Yossarian, he'd know?

..but they realise that they will earn a decent salary, and be compensated when they get whacked, before moving back onto the managerial merry-go-round.

Back