• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

At the risk of nit-picking, I am not sure that team did contain all the PL starters. Bentaleb and Paulinho have been pretty much ever present under Sherwood, as has Lennon.

I think what the anti-Sherwood phalanx are most worried about is Tim doing just well enough to get another season. They want him to either prove straight away he is the Messiah, or they want him to be a very naughty boy. They don't consider the first outcome to be very likely on the evidence of what they have seen so far, and so are hoping, consciously or sub-consciously, for a disastrous run of 2 points from 8 games. Such a run, while it may be painful to endure, could end up bringing about a change in management that is more to their liking.

Or 'Arry coming back ... ;)

All have the club's best interests at heart. Some, in the words of Bonnie Tyler, are holding out for a hero. Some, in the words of Steve Tyler, say: dream on.

If thinking Sherwood can improve in areas means I'm anti Sherwood then sure, I'm anti Sherwood.

I also think he's done well in other areas, so I guess I'm both pro and anti Sherwood.

He can learn from those mistakes at a club that can afford to make them. Then when he has experience and has proven he has some kind of talent he can ply that trade at a club like ours.

But he is at our club and he is learning from the mistakes so let's get behind him. AVB was so arrogant he wouldn't admit he made any mistakes let alone learn from them.

If thinking Sherwood can improve in areas means I'm anti Sherwood then sure, I'm anti Sherwood.

I also think he's done well in other areas, so I guess I'm both pro and anti Sherwood.

There's plenty of us on here, he's not perfect by a long chalk but he's also far away from the dumb klutz that some people are making him out to be.

I am well and truly utterly staggered at people defending Tim and that performance. People can't see past the result, the pretty paper over the HUGE CRACKS. March will kill off our season... It's annoying, I'm usually incredibly positive about spurts, always think we'll finish above arsenal and win a cup. Even up to AVB being sacked... Tim has absolutely destroyed it for me. I have literally not hated another rampager as much as this. However awful Pleat, Sanitini, Gross etc were, they didn't do this to me!!

I think you just need to chill out, what exactly is angering you to this degree? Under Sherwood we've played well in parts and crap in others, he's reintroduced our two best attacking players, we're scoring more goals than we were before and our record under him is pretty good on the whole. You need to get over AVB, the guy failed, he got sacked, Spurs move on, you should too.

But he is at our club and he is learning from the mistakes so let's get behind him. AVB was so arrogant he wouldn't admit he made any mistakes let alone learn from them.

If too many people get behind him we might be stuck with him next season. I'm protecting our club. You're welcome ;)

Yeah, I think we were coming at that statement from different angles. I believe your point was that there were some players unavailable to him (true). Mine was that he picked all the PL starters he could have (also true but IMO bad because we need to concentrate on the PL until 4th is gone).

That's fair enough - he had already received the abuse for dropping one of our best players. Again, he seems to have fixed his mistake but I'm concerned that he's learning these things whilst in charge of our team.

I think he definitely is learning as he goes along, he has to be due to the lack of experience he has. However, there is an element of learning as you go along in any manager taking on their first job. The test is how quickly he can learn. I don't think enough time has passed to establish that yet.

I think you just need to chill out, what exactly is angering you to this degree? Under Sherwood we've played well in parts and crap in others, he's reintroduced our two best attacking players, we're scoring more goals than we were before and our record under him is pretty good on the whole. You need to get over AVB, the guy failed, he got sacked, Spurs move on, you should too.

Good question and good points.

If too many people get behind him we might be stuck with him next season. I'm protecting our club. You're welcome ;)

Or to flip that ( as you like to do) we all get behind him, the club gets 4th and wins the EC!

What then?

Or to flip that ( as you like to do) we all get behind him, the club gets 4th and wins the EC!

What then?

Then we should still get an experienced manager in, it will just be less likely that Levy will do it because of fan and media pressure to keep Timmeh.

Then we should still get an experienced manager in, it will just be less likely that Levy will do it because of fan and media pressure to keep Timmeh.

On the flip side, what if said big name/experienced manager completely bombs like all the others we've had in the past. Blame Sherwood?

On the flip side, what if said big name/experienced manager completely bombs like all the others we've had in the past. Blame Sherwood?

What if there's a giant sinkhole under WHL that opens up and kills us all? We can only account for likely events.

We have to take the best option available - there's never a guarantee, but success is far more likely with an experienced manager who's won stuff.

So you would ditch a successful manager with a proven record of success at OUR club with OUR players in favour of an ExPERIENCED manager elsewhere regardless. Seems an odd position to take to me.

So you would ditch a successful manager with a proven record of success at OUR club with OUR players in favour of an ExPERIENCED manager elsewhere regardless. Seems an odd position to take to me.

But that's TS's issue, how is likely to have any record of success at Spurs this season? the side would have to go on an almighty run to get 4th and/or win Europa with a massive difference in the quality of our play.

Bookies odds will probably have us finish 5th/6th with a QF exit in Europa, which puts TS no better in results than BMJ with a far better squad.

Unlike Scara, I really don't think Levy gives a **** about anyone's opinion and baring a miracle run, TS will be replaced in Summer.

Mate…if he is genuinely onto a 'world stage' manager, he won't let that bother him.

But that's TS's issue, how is likely to have any record of success at Spurs this season? the side would have to go on an almighty run to get 4th and/or win Europa with a massive difference in the quality of our play.

Bookies odds will probably have us finish 5th/6th with a QF exit in Europa, which puts TS no better in results than BMJ with a far better squad.

Unlike Scara, I really don't think Levy gives a **** about anyone's opinion and baring a miracle run, TS will be replaced in Summer.

This is absolutely correct. In fact, it struck me more than once that Sherwood might well know he is not going to remain in the post regardless, and that this is an audition for another job elsewhere. It's a DiMatteo/Chelski situation in that regard…BTW, how 'Spurs' would it be to win the Europa League in the final year that winners do not get automatic CL qualification!!!!

BhUZfjBCQAA84qv.jpg

great point. no manager or any successful person succeeds unless they are able to be objective. TS is on his way up regardless of where he ends up in the summer. AVB's ignorance only works against him

I've nothing against Tim but I do think we are on the verge of a very bad run of form. The results have been good under him but much better than performances. Last night, we were really, really poor when we went 3-1 up. They could have had a couple and they were playing with 10. We were poor on the ball and all over the place at the back.

Tim won't get us top 4 and he won't win us the Europa League. We'll be taken apart by better sides. The question is, do we want a new manager or do we give Tim time to develop? I'm on the fence at the minute but I have no expectation for the rest of the season.

I think that is unfair mate. This was a cup game so Dnipro were never going to sit back. I thought the impressive thing about Thursday was the response from Sunday's game and how much Tim and the players wanted to win. The players did not appear to be thinking "This is just the Europa League." For me that starts to create a winning mentality. It was missing on Sunday against Norwich where we were second best to everything. I don't see anything different to suggest that we are on the brink of a bad run in fact Thursday suggested the opposite that we can react well to a bad result. Funnily enough several posters were suggesting that Tim may not be taking the cups seriously after our early exits from the other 2. I think his reaction on Thursday put that argument to bed.

Last edited:

What if there's a giant sinkhole under WHL that opens up and kills us all? We can only account for likely events.

We have to take the best option available - there's never a guarantee, but success is far more likely with an experienced manager who's won stuff.

Success is more likely with someone who has proven to win games at Tottenham. Guess what, Sherwood is doing that most weeks. How many more times do we have to go down the Foreign big name,big CV route before you realise its not about that but about who's the best fit for this club?

Success is more likely with someone who has proven to win games at Tottenham. Guess what, Sherwood is doing that most weeks. How many more times do we have to go down the Foreign big name,big CV route before you realise its not about that but about who's the best fit for this club?

I'm not sure Sherwood is the right man but even so, well said.

Back