• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

We scored 3 goals against a team who worked hard to deny us space to play. Is that honest?

We are a collection of players who were not performing to their potential, for whatever reason, under AVB. Is that fair?

TS has had only limited time, mid season, to work with the team. He took over when no one else was available. A reasonable statment?

Some 'fans' dislike Sherwood intensely. So much so that they will shout for his downfall and undermine him, mid season, hell mid game, when we're not going to change the manager. Honest?

TS is not doing worse than AVB, and there is a case to be made that he has got the team scoring more by bring back Ade. There are signs that we're trying to move the ball quicker and create more. It has had limited success. But its work in progress. We are more vulnerable at the back. Wrong?

So why jump on the back of the guy in charge? I do not get it.

=D> why indeed!

1) We played against a team who were happy to keep 11 men in their own half all game unless on the counter. It was always going to be difficult to break them down and our first half reflected that.
2) We started the second half slowly and conceded, but once we actually got on the ball again we looked full of purpose.
3) Not one of our three goals could've been stopped by their striker who was sent off. Both came from crosses into the box which their defence failed to deal with.
4) Tactically I don't think the loss of a player changed their style, however it did screw them up when we went 3-1 up as they found it harder to get back into the game.
5) Sherwood got it right tonight for me. The only thing I may have changed was the Kane substitution when maybe throwing on another midfielder would've been better.

You can only expect so much from a game where the opposition are happy to sit back and defend. We still scored three goals and credit must go to the players and Sherwood for winning this tie. Whether or not the man is with us as our 1st team coach next season is one thing, but to not take into account the way in which Dnipro were set out as a contributing factor is wrong and unfair on Sherwood.

Jordinho you need to send your TS Out membership fee to Daniel Levy, who's raising funds for the replacement. With your membership card you'll receive a free subscription to 'Stats to Out TS', a pair of TS Out doom tinted spectacles, and a pair of AVB's old briefs to console yourself of an evening.

Last edited:

We scored 3 goals against a team who worked hard to deny us space to play. Is that honest?

We are a collection of players who were not performing to their potential, for whatever reason, under AVB. Is that fair?

TS has had only limited time, mid season, to work with the team. He took over when no one else was available. A reasonable statment?

Some 'fans' dislike Sherwood intensely. So much so that they will shout for his downfall and undermine him, mid season, hell mid game, when we're not going to change the manager. Honest?

TS is not doing worse than AVB, and there is a case to be made that he has got the team scoring more by bring back Ade. There are signs that we're trying to move the ball quicker and create more. It has had limited success. But its work in progress. We are more vulnerable at the back. Wrong?

So why jump on the back of the guy in charge? I do not get it.

Because the manager is there to motivate the team, and barring the first five minutes, the first half was lethargic, slow and lazy by the spurs team.

We scored a set piece, and two goals against ten men. Not as impressive as it sounds in your words.

We're a collection of players that are not performing to their potential under Sherwood. As avb was criticised for it, so will avb be.

I have not dislike for Sherwood in particular, just stating I don't think our performance was that good, if we were playing a decent team We would have been two or three down by half time.

I would give Sherwood until the end of the season, but unless he improves how we start games, I would not personally want him to stay on for next season.

Because the manager is there to motivate the team, and barring the first five minutes, the first half was lethargic, slow and lazy by the spurs team.

We scored a set piece, and two goals against ten men. Not as impressive as it sounds in your words.

We're a collection of players that are not performing to their potential under Sherwood.As avb was criticised for it, so will avb be.

I have not dislike for Sherwood in particular, just stating I don't think our performance was that good, if we were playing a decent team We would have been two or three down by half time.

I would give Sherwood until the end of the season, but unless he improves how we start games, I would not personally want him to stay on for next season.

The bolded bit sounds almost biblical LOL

I have just seen your ratings and comments in the ratings thread. They really don't tally with your scathing comments in this thread. Strange :-k

Last edited:

We're a collection of players that are not performing to their potential under Sherwood. As avb was criticised for it, so will avb be.

So at least give him a chance now while he's here, rather than help to undermine. AVB had over a year and two pre-seasons.

So at least give him a chance now while he's here, rather than help to undermine. AVB had over a year and two pre-seasons.

I am giving him a chance, but whilst doing that I will give my opinion on how the game was.

Should I just sit and ignore the game if I'm giving him the chance? No, I'll comment and say where I think he should improve.

Well said again. That inconvenient truth seems to have been conveniently forgotten by some.

We were **** in the first half, name one time we tested the opposition goalkeeper in the first half?

We looked slow and uncreative. It took them scoring a goal to give us a kick up the **** and get going.

We were not ****, not overly creative, but solid. Second half we put them to the sword.

Spursalot;518939i said:
I am giving him a chance, but whilst doing that I will give my opinion on how the game was.

Should I just sit and ignore the game if I'm giving him the chance? No, I'll comment and say where I think he should improve.

Doesn't really seem like it from some of your comments.

He got the boys over the line tonight (admittedly with a chunk of luck, not for the first time in his reign) but I'm getting peeved with the constant dreadful first half performances. It's as if Tim just tells the players before KO to start playing properly in the second period.

Nonetheless, better to be lucky than good and tonight he - and we - were.

I don't dislike Sherwood, I have nothing against him, I have no agenda, I do not want to undermine him and I will not **** him off,

However I don't want him anywhere near our first team. He has no experience, his tactics are very basic, he doesn't have the ability to motivate our players, he is responsible for our slow start in most games we have played, there is no plan, no pattern to our play. Tonight we were poor for around 70 minutes of the game, on Sunday we were poor for 90 minutes. These are cold, hard truths

We need a new manager, a new direction, renewed hope, a man with a plan and i think a new chairman.

He got the boys over the line tonight (admittedly with a chunk of luck, not for the first time in his reign) but I'm getting peeved with the constant dreadful first half performances. It's as if Tim just tells the players before KO to start playing properly in the second period.

Nonetheless, better to be lucky than good and tonight he - and we - were.

Surely if you aim to be good you make your own luck? This is what manu used to do, relying on luck only gets you so far, luck never lasts forever

WOW. im about ready to take back every good thing I said about TS, maybe its true... he doesnt have a clue.

I see the team sheet and happily find we are playing 2 up front. AND THEN I SEE WE ARE PLAYING 2 INVERTED WINGERS!!!!! We finally play 2 up front and then stick 2 inverted wingers so a) no crosses will be coming in and b) youl have 2 players cutting into to where the strikers are and end up with 4 players in peoples way.

What the hell is that about? Even a child would say from the outset thats not going to work. And lo and behold what happens for 45 minutes? No chances no fluidity.

Seriously these are novice mistakes. What the **** is going on??????? Somebody tell me

WOW. im about ready to take back every good thing I said about TS, maybe its true... he doesnt have a clue.

I see the team sheet and happily find we are playing 2 up front. AND THEN I SEE WE ARE PLAYING 2 INVERTED WINGERS!!!!! We finally play 2 up front and then stick 2 inverted wingers so a) no crosses will be coming in and b) youl have 2 players cutting into to where the strikers are and end up with 4 players in peoples way.

What the hell is that about? Even a child would say from the outset thats not going to work. And lo and behold what happens for 45 minutes? No chances no fluidity.

Seriously these are novice mistakes. What the **** is going on??????? Somebody tell me

Um we won and we are through.

Came from behind in a near impossible position against a good European side.

Why can't people just be pleased?

Let's just enjoy. Benfica at the Lane?- yes please, and yes please Benfica awayday. It's what Barclaycards were made for!

Loved the Tim's passion today. Thought we played well against a good team. Not perfect by any means but we are through.

Back