• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Well, people are justified anticipating Sherwood's failure mid game, if for 45 minutes we've been absolutely ****.

How long should a manager get to prove themselves? 10 games? 40? 45 minutes?

He's taken over mid season. A team not scoring. Its not like we were scoring freely before TS!! F ****jing crazing. DL gets criticised for sacking mangers flippantly. No wonder when fans have no patience.

No to mention that they were always going to run and close us down and make the game difficult.

Well, people are justified anticipating Sherwood's failure mid game, if for 45 minutes we've been absolutely ****.

No we were not, we were up against a well organised side, that is hard to break down.

How long should a manager get to prove themselves? 10 games? 40? 45 minutes?

He's taken over mid season. A team not scoring. Its not like we were scoring freely before TS!! F ****jing crazing. DL gets criticised for sacking mangers flippantly. No wonder when fans have no patience.

Anticipating his failure to progress in the European competition, well he gets two games for that, as it's a two legged knock out.

The league cup? Well he got one game for that as it was a knock out.

The league you get a bit more patience for, we were challenging for top four when he took over, so hopefully he can get us back within spitting distance soon enough.

Like others on here, I watch Spurs games now completely emotionless. I want a proper manager in and get stressed/excited during games again

No we were not, we were up against a well organised side, that is hard to break down.

We were **** in the first half, name one time we tested the opposition goalkeeper in the first half?

We looked slow and uncreative. It took them scoring a goal to give us a kick up the **** and get going.

Anticipating his failure to progress in the European competition, well he gets two games for that, as it's a two legged knock out.

The league cup? Well he got one game for that as it was a knock out.

The league you get a bit more patience for, we were challenging for top four when he took over, so hopefully he can get us back within spitting distance soon enough.

It's a bit harsh throwing the league cup at him, he had one training session with the team before the game and only had one fit centre back available.

We were **** in the first half, name one time we tested the opposition goalkeeper in the first half?

We looked slow and uncreative. It took them scoring a goal to give us a kick up the **** and get going.

Why do you bother watching? From your perspective it sounds like it is worse than it has ever been watching Spurs. We've never played like that before in your memory?

I find it sad the way people are waiting, anticipating Sherwood's failure even mid game. It just shows how little space you will give him. Unless we're winning from 5mins in, he's shi1, awful etc etc etc.

He's managing the team. Its better than it was under AVB. Give him a fair chance instead of judging him on his on initial appearance.

Well said.

Why do you bother watching? From your perspective it sounds like it is worse than it has ever been watching Spurs. We've never played like that before in your memory?

I watch it because I support spurs and I like being entertained. The first half was far from entertaining.

No, we've played like that before, I'll support spurs, but I'll be honest about how the game went in my opinion.

It is difficult playing against a team that put ten men behind the ball. Struggling to break down compact teams is hardly a new thing for us, it is a problem that we have had ever since we started to become good.

It is difficult playing against a team that put ten men behind the ball. Struggling to break down compact teams is hardly a new thing for us, it is a problem that we have had ever since we started to become good.

It would be, but they didn't put ten men behind the ball, they came out and played us in the first half, just whenever we got the ball, we dawdled and allowed them to get all their players back.

The players need to pick up the pace on the decision making after a turnover in play. The tempo we played in the second half was quicker, and that's why we looked better.

That has been happening since day one of the season. Not something that Sherwood has brought to the table. More something he is struggling to eradicate.

We scored three good goals. Came from behind in a near impossible position against a good European side.

Why can't people just be pleased?

We scored three good goals. Came from behind in a near impossible position against a good European side.

Why can't people just be pleased?

I am pleased with the result, just the performance leaves a lot to be desired.

Once the players start playing to their potential and we have a settled side, then we will be better able to judge the coaches ability. At the moment, still far far too early to judge IMO.

I watch it because I support spurs and I like being entertained. The first half was far from entertaining.

No, we've played like that before, I'll support spurs, but I'll be honest about how the game went in my opinion.

We scored 3 goals against a team who worked hard to deny us space to play. Is that honest?

We are a collection of players who were not performing to their potential, for whatever reason, under AVB. Is that fair?

TS has had only limited time, mid season, to work with the team. He took over when no one else was available. A reasonable statment?

Some 'fans' dislike Sherwood intensely. So much so that they will shout for his downfall and undermine him, mid season, hell mid game, when we're not going to change the manager. Honest?

TS is not doing worse than AVB, and there is a case to be made that he has got the team scoring more by bring back Ade. There are signs that we're trying to move the ball quicker and create more. It has had limited success. But its work in progress. We are more vulnerable at the back. Wrong?

So why jump on the back of the guy in charge? I do not get it.

Back