• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

In fairness,

Everytime we've ever had a manager that most people on here have been excited about, he's been pants.

Santini - Most people thought great, France manager blah blah blah left after 6 months
Jol - Most people where a bit meh, then he took us closest to 4th we'd ever been at that point
Ramos - Great, the progressive footballing coach we needed, turned out after winning a trophy to be ****
Redknapp - What??? that saggy faced old bag. Small club manager, won't be able to look after our mighty club. 4th, 5th, 4th
AVB - Alas, finally the progressive footballing coach we need, this man has a vision. Sacked after 18 months.

So you never know, we might be alright with Tim and the boys.

Yo know what, people might laugh and on the face of it you would probably think wtf is happening? I do think it is worth a shot to see how it goes with Timbo at the helm, he has less pressure given that he has been thrust into the action at short notice.

For all we know the players may be able to relate more to hin and therefore Tim can get the most out of them with their buy in and play for the manager. He might not be the sharpest tool upstairs if you want to measure him in terms of IQ but for all we know could be the character that players look up to and play for.

He may be the only call apart from maybe Freund but there is every chance that he could be the right man in the right place, at the right time

In fairness,

Everytime we've ever had a manager that most people on here have been excited about, he's been pants.

Santini - Most people thought great, France manager blah blah blah left after 6 months
Jol - Most people where a bit meh, then he took us closest to 4th we'd ever been at that point
Ramos - Great, the progressive footballing coach we needed, turned out after winning a trophy to be ****
Redknapp - What??? that saggy faced old bag. Small club manager, won't be able to look after our mighty club. 4th, 5th, 4th
AVB - Alas, finally the progressive footballing coach we need, this man has a vision. Sacked after 18 months.

True. We're looking for Wenger Mark II, aren't we?

Yo know what, people might laugh and on the face of it you would probably think wtf is happening? I do think it is worth a shot to see how it goes with Timbo at the helm, he has less pressure given that he has been thrust into the action at short notice.

For all we know the players may be able to relate more to hin and therefore Tim can get the most out of them with their buy in and play for the manager. He might not be the sharpest tool upstairs if you want to measure him in terms of IQ but for all we know could be the character that players look up to and play for.

He may be the only call apart from maybe Freund but there is every chance that he could be the right man in the right place, at the right time

How do you know he's not the sharpest tool in the box? Look unless some of you know the man personally then all this vitriol against the bloke is completely unwarranted... period!

Him, Ferdinand and Ramsey weren't given the task by Levy and the board to handle first time duties for being thick as planks.

As far as I am concerned Tim is a Spurs man and he has giving his services to the club he's played for. All the rumours of him having Arsenal tattoo and talking behind AVB's back is clearly bullsh*t concocted by bitter people to get other bitter people on his back and to derail the f*cking club. It p*sses me off people tend to have opinions when having opinions can be a dangerous thing when there is lack of evidence to back up your opinions.

Last edited:

When Harry Redknapp endorses a persons knowledge, in any field, you have to assume that means said person is just slightly less dumb than he is?

If he emulates the achievements and the football Arry got us playing then he can be as thick as pig **** for all i care.

In fairness,

Good post.

How do you know he's not the sharpest tool in the box? Look unless some of you know the man personally then all this vitriol against the bloke is completely unwarranted... period!

Him, Ferdinand and Ramsey weren't given the task by Levy and the board to handle first time duties for being thick as planks.

As far as I am concerned Tim is a Spurs man and he has giving his services to the club he's played for. All the rumours of him having Arsenal tattoo and talking behind AVB's back is clearly bullsh*t concocted by bitter people to get other bitter people on his back and to derail the f*cking club. It p*sses me off people tend to have opinions when having opinions can be a dangerous thing when there is lack of evidence to back up your opinions.

Sometimes having a lower IQ can be beneficial it wasnt an insult you fanboy.

Being a plank has its benefits I'm sure but my point was that even though he isn't from the school of AVB it doesn't really matter as his brains are in his feet so to speak, as with most professional footballers they eat sleep and breathe the game over learning maths for example.

Being a plank has its benefits I'm sure but my point was that even though he isn't from the school of AVB it doesn't really matter as his brains are in his feet so to speak, as with most professional footballers they eat sleep and breathe the game over learning maths for example.

Whether it was an insult or not is not the point. The point I was making was a general point about people having opinions based on their own prejudices.

Look back through this thread and you will understand.

Last edited:

It hasn't harmed Wheelchair's career too much.

In fairness,

You realise you've just cursed it?

Does anybody know that he is a plank? I know plenty of people on first appearances, appear to be planks, but are far from it in reality!

Does anybody know that he is a plank? I know plenty of people on first appearances, appear to be planks, but are far from it in reality!

There's plenty of interviews with him floating around on the web. The few times I've seen him as a pundit he knew less than Shearer (although that was a really long time ago and he may have discovered what tactics are since).

Whether it was an insult or not is not the point. The point I was making was a general point about people having opinions based on their own prejudices.

Look back through this thread and you will understand.

I'm not sure if you are aiming this at me or not. But anyway, I have no need to go back through a thead to understand the point I was making. As I have said being a plank can have it's benefits such as not having to worry about wiping your **** for example, or you might not feel the need to over complicate other things by over thinking, as only half a brain will stop such things.

I'm not sure if you are aiming this at me or not. But anyway, I have no need to go back through a thead to understand the point I was making. As I have said being a plank can have it's benefits such as not having to worry about wiping your **** for example, or you might not feel the need to over complicate other things by over thinking, as only half a brain will stop such things.

Now you're just talking nonsense and you've completely missed my point. Clearly some people have a preconception of Tim Sherwood and hate the man for no valid reason at all.

I got the point you were trying to put forward. I'm not sure why such a big deal was made out of it to be honest. It's a similar situation to Harry coming in when the players just needed a 'back to basics' approach to express themselves on the pitch.

Perhaps calling him a plank is what has put people's noses out of joint ;)

Now you're just talking nonsense and you've completely missed my point. Clearly some people have a preconception of Tim Sherwood and hate the man for no valid reason at all.

Look, I get it that you love Sherwood, I really do.

What I don't get is the accusations that I some how hate him. I never directly said the man is a plank. I did not call the man a plank. I did however use his name in the same post as the word plank. Make of it what you will.

Good day fanboy.

I got the point you were trying to put forward. I'm not sure why such a big deal was made out of it to be honest. It's a similar situation to Harry coming in when the players just needed a 'back to basics' approach to express themselves on the pitch.

Perhaps calling him a plank is what has put people's noses out of joint ;)

I think what puts some people's noses out of joint is having opinions about other people without actually knowing them personally. Opinions are very dangerous, for instance, hypothetically, if I saw 5 men come out of your sisters house, I could have all sorts opinions couldn't I? See what I mean?

Last edited:
Back