• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

I've been Googling this to find the Tweets and remind myself on what happened at the time. Keys claimed afterwards that he read the story in the Sun and wrongly attributed it sourcing the story to Sherwood. Make of that what you will.

AKA Keys and Sherwood were caught red-handed...

AKA Keys and Sherwood were caught red-handed...

Possibly. It is also possible that Keys heard something on the grapevine and over egged it. It is also possible that Keys got it wrong. Tweets hardly give the author a lot of space to say what they are trying to get across and they are frequently written in a hurry and without enough thought.

Anyone who can't see that Keys mugged himself off with that is either thick or just has an agenda on Sherwood.

The Sun: Hi Tim are the players prepared for the game today?
Sherwood: They haven't had the best preparation playing Carlisle away mid week, that long drive back and Andre had them in Thursday in training which i don't think a few of them were happy about, i wouldn't have been when i was playing i lied a rest, but with a Saturday game against United its a big game coming up, it doesn't leave much time to prepare.....

Keys/The Sun: Tim Sherwood told us today Spurs were tired - over trained -and unhappy with AVB. Doesn't look like that to me

When he realises he's mugged off Sherwood he backtracks posts the second quote then deletes them both......

And there are really idiots who'll believe this fool and the sun before one of our own...... my word......

Last edited:

Anyone who can't see that Keys mugged himself off with that is either thick or just has an agenda on Sherwood.

Sherwood: They haven't had the best preparation playing Carlisle away mid week, that long drive back and Andre had them in Thursday in training which i don't think a few of them were happy about, i wouldn't have been when i was playing i lied a rest, but with a Saturday game against United its a big game coming up, it doesn't leave much time to prepare.....

Keys/The Sun: Tim Sherwood told us today Spurs were tired - over trained -and unhappy with AVB. Doesn't look like that to me

When he realises he's mugged off Sherwood he backtracks posts the second quote then deletes them both......

And there are really idiots who'll believe this fool and the sun before one of our own...... my word......

I thought he was referring to a private conversation he had with Sherwood.

I thought he was referring to a private conversation he had with Sherwood.

I think in the first tweet he was using the "and Sherwood told us that .......", "us" being all of us who read the paper

Hence him back tracking on the second tweet...... No?

Thanks, mate!

I have really, really come to dislike The Guardian lately. Their approach to acting like they know it all rubs me really up the wrong way.

Fair enough but have they got anything wrong?
Hytner got so much abuse about reporting AVB was on the verge of being sacked.
He's pretty much being briefed by the club.

That Grauniad article is strange; for instance it says that Sherwood recommended Carrol and Townsend to Redknapp, but Redknapp would have known all about them already?

I am warming to the idea of Sherwood as interim manager as he is so well known at the club, i.e. the people appointing him must know him pretty well, so there must be some decent reasoning behind it.

Also he knows everyone so well, he doesn't need to learn anyone's traits, he should already know what he would do, and should have seen AVB's stupid decisions first hand (e.g. inverted wingers with no left back, or a high line with slow defenders)

Also if it doesn't work out for him, we can have a good old clearout in the summer and go for a whole setup e.g. 6 blokes from Ajax, ta very much.

Also he is cheap, rather than kneejerking and splashing £10m on someone to break their contract.

However... my faith in Levy et al is strained because I can't fathom why we continue to have Les Ferdinand at the club... he makes Sherwood look like Einstein.

It sounds like the journo was briefed that story and swallowed it without checking the facts.

How many years service has Sherwood given the club now, 10-15? and he's now stepped upto the plate when the clubs in disarray and is leading from the front.

Yet there are some who are ****ging him off based on a few members posting bull**** tweets that they don't even understand the context of themselves.... laughable.

So many people in the club rate him and say good things about him, yet people want to believe ******** written by GB and others...... we as fans should be ashamed, we deserve all we get .

Haters gonna hate....... they'll always thrive on dragging people down, creating bull**** for their little army of backers to thrive on and perpetuate.

Me i'll be giving him my full support and i hope he wins the next 10 games, gets us champs league and gets the job full time ...... who would want to see the club they love fail in any way, i just don't get it, but then i'm a positive and happy guy...... i'd love one of our own to have stepped up to the plate and taken us further than any fancy foreign manager who'd **** off at the first sign of Real or Barca...... Coys

That Grauniad article is strange; for instance it says that Sherwood recommended Carrol and Townsend to Redknapp, but Redknapp would have known all about them already?

I am warming to the idea of Sherwood as interim manager as he is so well known at the club, i.e. the people appointing him must know him pretty well, so there must be some decent reasoning behind it.

Also he knows everyone so well, he doesn't need to learn anyone's traits, he should already know what he would do, and should have seen AVB's stupid decisions first hand (e.g. inverted wingers with no left back, or a high line with slow defenders)

Also if it doesn't work out for him, we can have a good old clearout in the summer and go for a whole setup e.g. 6 blokes from Ajax, ta very much.

Also he is cheap, rather than kneejerking and splashing £10m on someone to break their contract.

However... my faith in Levy et al is strained because I can't fathom why we continue to have Les Ferdinand at the club... he makes Sherwood look like Einstein.

:ross:

Brilliant. And true. Striker coach? Lawd 'elp us!

How many years service has Sherwood given the club now, 10-15? and he's now stepped upto the plate when the clubs in disarray and is leading from the front.

Yet there are some who are ****ging him off based on a few members posting bull**** tweets that they don't even understand the context of themselves.... laughable.

So many people in the club rate him and say good things about him, yet people want to believe ******** written by GB and others...... we as fans should be ashamed, we deserve all we get .

Haters gonna hate....... they'll always thrive on dragging people down, creating bull**** for their little army of backers to thrive on and perpetuate.

Me i'll be giving him my full support and i hope he wins the next 10 games, gets us champs league and gets the job full time ...... who would want to see the club they love fail in any way, i just don't get it, but then i'm a positive and happy guy...... i'd love one of our own to have stepped up to the plate and taken us further than any fancy foreign manager who'd **** off at the first sign of Real or Barca...... Coys

Tim, is that you??

Calm down, Les, you'll be on the bench tomorrow, don't worry.

I was about to ask that too. He is so Timmy.

Avb frequents this site too.

Does he really?

Hey avb if your reading this i guess your a bit down in the dumps but don't worry the massive pay off will help you get over it.

Oh and by the way your a ****ing useless coach and i base that on last years matches at home against West brom, Wigan, Norwich, Fulham and Everton. Shocking matches.

Does he really?

Hey avb if your reading this i guess your a bit down in the dumps but don't worry the massive pay off will help you get over it.

Oh and by the way your a ****ing useless coach and i base that on last years matches at home against West brom, Wigan, Norwich, Fulham and Everton. Shocking matches.

What was shocking about the Everton home game??

Back