• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that Vellkjovic and Oduwa who have very short contracts....

Academy players generally have different types of contracts - they only usually run into their third year (when they turn 21).

There's an agreement in place though that clubs won't poach players who are on academy contracts before they sign full pro deals.

Worse we'll just do what we did with the Belgian kid and Wolfsberg a few weeks ago - sell him with a buy-back and sell-on clause.

I think though that Vellkjovic has a contract till 2017?

Yedlin impressed the Sunderland fans today. I have only seen the highlights on MOTD so all I can say is that Yedlin didn't feature too much.

The second West Ham goal though was scored by the guy he was marking, Payet. Payet followed a shot into the box and tucked away the rebound whereas Yedlin stopped after the first shot came in. There was another poor defending moment later on where a cross came in and the two CB's went near post with one striker. Jelavic who was the left over striker was not picked up by Yedlin and probably should've put the ball in the net.

We have three players going to the u17 World Cup in Chile which starts on the 17th - Alfie Whiteman, Marcus Edwards and Kazaiah Sterling.

GK: Paul Woolston (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Will Huffer (Leeds United), Alfie Whiteman (Tottenham Hotspur)

DF: Danny Collinge (VfB Stuttgart), Ro-Shaun Williams (Manchester United), Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), James Yates (Everton), Jay DaSilva (Chelsea), Tayo Edun (Fulham)

MF: Tom Davies (Everton), Marcus Wood (Emirates Marketing Project), Herbie Kane (Liverpool), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur), Will Patching (Emirates Marketing Project), Chris Willock (Arsenal)

FW: Kaylen Hinds (Arsenal), Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (Aston Villa), Kazaiah Sterling (Tottenham Hotspur), Ike Ugbo (Chelsea), Stephy Mavididi (Arsenal)

Last edited:
We have three players going to the u17 World Cup in Chile which starts on the 17th - Alfie Whiteman, Marcus Edwards and Kazaiah Sterling.
That is England presumably; any other nationalities going for Spurs?

Academy players generally have different types of contracts - they only usually run into their third year (when they turn 21).

There's an agreement in place though that clubs won't poach players who are on academy contracts before they sign full pro deals.

Worse we'll just do what we did with the Belgian kid and Wolfsberg a few weeks ago - sell him with a buy-back and sell-on clause.

I think though that Vellkjovic has a contract till 2017?

I think we're doing very well on youth contracts.

There has to be a balance between "protecting the club" by signing players on long contracts and big wages and keeping the players hungry by not offering them big long contracts too early. Offering a lot of them big contracts early does also end up adding up to quite a lot of money eventually...

I think we're doing very well on youth contracts.

There has to be a balance between "protecting the club" by signing players on long contracts and big wages and keeping the players hungry by not offering them big long contracts too early. Offering a lot of them big contracts early does also end up adding up to quite a lot of money eventually...

Not just that but could also reduce the hunger of the player.

Yedlin impressed the Sunderland fans today. I have only seen the highlights on MOTD so all I can say is that Yedlin didn't feature too much.

I'm a bit concerned for him now Sunderland are moving from a progressive coach in Advocaat to Allardyce.

I reckon Allardyce might try and use Yedlin as a forward. Him and Steven Fletcher as an old-fashioned little-n-large? Big man flicks on to whippet.

I bet Dembele is glad he turned down the chance to reunite with Advocaat in the summer.

I've got a mate who goes to Rotherham. He says Ward was phenomenal in pre-season, but has since struggled a bit with the physicality of proper championship opponents.
Which is strange really as he coped fine at Coventry last year one level below that (where the physicality is very similar). I think the problem is more likely that Coventry play better football than Rotherham and are a much better compliment for Ward's strengths.

I'm a bit concerned for him now Sunderland are moving from a progressive coach in Advocaat to Allardyce.

I reckon Allardyce might try and use Yedlin as a forward. Him and Steven Fletcher as an old-fashioned little-n-large? Big man flicks on to whippet.

I bet Dembele is glad he turned down the chance to reunite with Advocaat in the summer.

I think it's extremely unfair to label Allardyce as not being progressive. He is a good coach who uses the tools at his disposal. Everyone is raving about West Ham currently but Allardyce had them in the top 4 last year around Christmas time. They then fell away as their small squad was exposed due to the inevitable injuries.

I think it's extremely unfair to label Allardyce as not being progressive. He is a good coach who uses the tools at his disposal. Everyone is raving about West Ham currently but Allardyce had them in the top 4 last year around Christmas time. They then fell away as their small squad was exposed due to the inevitable injuries.

Allardyce is as progressive as Dave Bassett and Mick McCarthy before him. Like Tony Pulis, you respect him because he's effective. But it's horrible to watch and not where our footballers (as opposed to the rugby players they tend to accumulate) should be 'developing'.

I think we need to pull Yedlin out and send him to somewhere like Brighton or Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back