• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce is as progressive as Dave Bassett and Mick McCarthy before him. Like Tony Pulis, you respect him because he's effective. But it's horrible to watch and not where our footballers (as opposed to the rugby players they tend to accumulate) should be 'developing'.

I think we need to pull Yedlin out and send him to somewhere like Brighton or Burnley

It's not great to watch, but it's not always as bad as people make out either. I think if in charge of a team with better players he would probably operate differently.

Tactically Allardyce is excellent. I thought in that 3-0 win they had against us at WHL towards the end of AVB's reign he completely showed AVB up.

What Allardyce realises is that when managing a team of limited resources you have to first ensure you are hard to beat and find players who will play to team orders and ensure that. He then looks to get one or two very talented individuals to make the difference - he did it brilliantly at Bolton with Campo and Okocha (criminal that he was never a Spurs player!) and then again with Djorkaeff.

If Allardyce goes to Sunderland then I would be pretty confident that he will keep them up. He would shape the players they have into a good unit and add the right player or two to give them some spark. Conversely if somebody like AVB went to Sunderland I would be confident in them getting relegated as he seeks to impose a system that doesn't suit his playing personnel.

I wouldn't want Allardyce as manager of Spurs as it's not our way, but it is unfair to dismiss his credentials as a manager as his track record (at middling clubs) is good. I would have no problem at all in Yedlin being at Sunderland while Allardyce is manager - I think he would look to utilise him to get on the overlap and get crosses in, but also get him defending properly.

It's not great to watch, but it's not always as bad as people make out either. I think if in charge of a team with better players he would probably operate differently.

Tactically Allardyce is excellent. I thought in that 3-0 win they had against us at WHL towards the end of AVB's reign he completely showed AVB up.

What Allardyce realises is that when managing a team of limited resources you have to first ensure you are hard to beat and find players who will play to team orders and ensure that. He then looks to get one or two very talented individuals to make the difference - he did it brilliantly at Bolton with Campo and Okocha (criminal that he was never a Spurs player!) and then again with Djorkaeff.

If Allardyce goes to Sunderland then I would be pretty confident that he will keep them up. He would shape the players they have into a good unit and add the right player or two to give them some spark. Conversely if somebody like AVB went to Sunderland I would be confident in them getting relegated as he seeks to impose a system that doesn't suit his playing personnel.

I wouldn't want Allardyce as manager of Spurs as it's not our way, but it is unfair to dismiss his credentials as a manager as his track record (at middling clubs) is good. I would have no problem at all in Yedlin being at Sunderland while Allardyce is manager - I think he would look to utilise him to get on the overlap and get crosses in, but also get him defending properly.
Spot on. I'm sure I heard somewhere that Allardyce was one of the first to use tracking technology, performance metrics, etc. If he had better hair and a Latin accent, I'm sure many people's perception of him would be very different.

Spot on. I'm sure I heard somewhere that Allardyce was one of the first to use tracking technology, performance metrics, etc. If he had better hair and a Latin accent, I'm sure many people's perception of him would be very different.

I'm not so sure about that. During his time at Bolton he did finally get them playing some good football, but at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and at West Ham he was sucking the passion out of the fans with his brand of pragmatic football. He absolutely uses sports science to ensure he gets the most out of his players, but his style of play is quite boring. He is effective sure, but he's also super arrogant in that he thinks he is far better than he really is. If he were a foreigner, he's be a Christian Gross not an AVB.

I'm not so sure about that. During his time at Bolton he did finally get them playing some good football, but at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and at West Ham he was sucking the passion out of the fans with his brand of pragmatic football. He absolutely uses sports science to ensure he gets the most out of his players, but his style of play is quite boring. He is effective sure, but he's also super arrogant in that he thinks he is far better than he really is. If he were a foreigner, he's be a Christian Gross not an AVB.

I don't know about that, Christian Gross seemed like a nice chap, he was just a poor manager for us, whereas I doubt there was anyone else in the World that AVB loved more than he did himself. Maybe I just got it all wrong and I couldn't see the genius... I just found it difficult to be able to take a manager seriously who could set out his a team to play a high line with Michael Dawson and Etiene Capoue as it's centre halves against a Liverpool front 3 of Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho.

Allardyce got West Ham promoted to the PL and then managed to keep them up. That is no mean feat. At Saudi Sportswashing Machine I think he left them in a position higher than he found them in and after getting rid of him I could be wrong but I think they finished in a lower position than he left them in.

When you are already at a stable club it is easier to start to change the way in which the team plays football, especially if you are at a club that has money to spend.

I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine especially were mad to get rid of him.... With their fanbase and budget he could've stabilised them in the top half. Even at West Ham I think Allardyce has built a good platform for Billic to take things on further.

i think Yedlin would learn good defensive responsibility and discipline off of Allardyce if he goes to Sunderland and keeps Yedlin in the team.

Last edited:
I don't know about that, Christian Gross seemed like a nice chap, he was just a poor manager for us, whereas I doubt there was anyone else in the World that AVB loved more than he did himself. Maybe I just got it all wrong and I couldn't see the genius... I just found it difficult to be able to take a manager seriously who could set out his a team to play a high line with Michael Dawson and Etiene Capoue as it's centre halves against a Liverpool front 3 of Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho.

Allardyce got West Ham promoted to the PL and then managed to keep them up. That is no mean feat. At Saudi Sportswashing Machine I think he left them in a position higher than he found them in and after getting rid of him I could be wrong but I think they finished in a lower position than he left them in.

When you are already at a stable club it is easier to start to change the way in which the team plays football, especially if you are at a club that has money to spend.

I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine especially were mad to get rid of him.... With their fanbase and budget he could've stabilised them in the top half. Even at West Ham I think Allardyce has built a good platform for Billic to take things on further.

i think Yedlin would learn good defensive responsibility and discipline off of Allardyce if he goes to Sunderland and keeps Yedlin in the team.
Shhh!, he hasn't got a croaky voice or buckles under pressure.

Whilst I agree with the fact that he is a decent manager to keep a club up and cemented in the EPL, I don't believe he is a decent/good manager, and nor do I think that if he had a foreign name he would be better regarded which was the original point. For me a good manager is someone that can actually build a team and improve them year on year. Allardyce only managed that with Bolton and even then plateued. I'd rate Monk higher than Allardyce as an example, as his Swansea team just seems to improve in its play and is consistently fighting above it's financial weight.

As for Saudi Sportswashing Machine being mad to get rid of him, I'd say Pardew was the better manager for them and is the one that they should have kept. I have a geordie where I work and he hates Sam with a passion, the likes of which is reserved for Souness and Gullit.

The Geordie probably hates allardyce for the reason Liverpool hated hodgson, they think a big club like that should have a bigger name.
He has a place in the food chain, probably a little below his abilities, and supporters of supposedly bigger clubs won't accept that unless they are an ex player who wears his heart on his sleeve.
If you had offered Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporters shearer or allardyce to keep them up most of them would have chosen shearer. Ask anyone else who Saudi Sportswashing Machine needed and they would have said allardyce.

grant ward is getting some nice reviews, was he out in America or am I thinking of someone else? with the MLS improving it might be worth loaning more out there and you know the Americans will always be very professional. Would be similar to the end of season when we loaned Crouch and someone else to Sweden one summer when they were youth players.

I am sure it was two that were loaned out to Sweden all those summers ago.

grant ward is getting some nice reviews, was he out in America or am I thinking of someone else? with the MLS improving it might be worth loaning more out there and you know the Americans will always be very professional. Would be similar to the end of season when we loaned Crouch and someone else to Sweden one summer when they were youth players.

I am sure it was two that were loaned out to Sweden all those summers ago.

Yes - he was at Chicago a few years ago

It might not be a bad suggestion. If MLS is more gentle than League 1/Championship, it might be a better option for sending out our more skilful 18/19 YOs

Yep - Crouch and Thelwell went to IFK Hassleholm in 2000

Yes - he was at Chicago a few years ago

It might not be a bad suggestion. If MLS is more gentle than League 1/Championship, it might be a better option for sending out our more skilful 18/19 YOs

Yep - Crouch and Thelwell went to IFK Hassleholm in 2000

Thelwell, thanks Gutter.

Well Allardyce has been appointed as Sunderland manager. Regardless of what you think of his football, it is probably Yedlin's best chance of not being relegated this year.

Well Allardyce has been appointed as Sunderland manager. Regardless of what you think of his football, it is probably Yedlin's best chance of not being relegated this year.

I want more then anything for him to get plenty of game time with a coach who will improve him and play in a similar style to our own. Shame Rangers(Scottish ones are so crap)

The u18s beat Norwich 3-0, three tidy finishes from Loft.

Onomah played 88 minutes for England u19s against Finland today, he played 90 minutes on Thursday against Macedonia too(as did KWP) with one more game against Italy to come on Tuesday. It's important that he keeps getting game time for England considering he's not featuring for our first team currently. Oduwa and Winks turned out for the u20s as they beat Turkey 2-1 earlier.

The u18s beat Norwich 3-0, three tidy finishes from Loft.

Onomah played 88 minutes for England u19s against Finland today, he played 90 minutes on Thursday against Macedonia too(as did KWP) with one more game against Italy to come on Tuesday. It's important that he keeps getting game time for England considering he's not featuring for our first team currently. Oduwa and Winks turned out for the u20s as they beat Turkey 2-1 earlier.

any info on the lad Ryan Loft? The next Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back