• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Re: **Tottenham Hotspur U21 V Norwich City U21** ***OMT***

Great strike from Ceballos, shame we conceded again so soon afterwards tho.

[Tweet]522114785790660609[/tweet]

Onomah has been our best player in my view, very talented footballer. Shame Oduwa wasn't available as he's the one I'm most confident about breaking into our team from our upcoming youth.

We're being given the runaround a bit.

The purpose of the academy isn't to produce good sides, but individual players good enough to play for the first team. There can also be a lot of changes in personnel from one game to the next, depending on who's available. It's all about the players getting experience of playing competitive games, learning their role in a team and generally just developing as players.

Onomah has been our best player in my view, very talented footballer. Shame Oduwa wasn't available as he's the one I'm most confident about breaking into our team from our upcoming youth.
Despite that wild air-kick clearance when he was pretty much the last man which lead to us conceding the third? He was all over the shop for a spell after that although tbf he did come up with a decent FK on goal at the death. But I made Ceballos our best player - by some distance.

It was a young Spurs team tonight. Quite a few U18's and most of the rest were in the U18's last year. So hardly surprising that they struggled a bit.

The purpose of the academy isn't to produce good sides, but individual players good enough to play for the first team. There can also be a lot of changes in personnel from one game to the next, depending on who's available. It's all about the players getting experience of playing competitive games, learning their role in a team and generally just developing as players.
Interestng, because the commies were emphasising at the start of the match something along the lines that the whole point of this U21 championship was precisely to provide a more competitive environment in order to try and replicate what these players can expect when they progress to the senior side.

Whatever, Norwich certainly gave them a lesson in the importance of inter-passing, closing down and all round teamwork. You have to hope they learnt something from that.

As far as I know,he has not been called up by any age group which is surprising,as I think he is quality. A shame,was looking forward to watching him play again.

He was one of the standout players for England U18's last season.

McGee reminded me tonight of Lloris - brilliant reaction saves on the one hand but absolutely dire distribution on the other.

Interestng, because the commies were emphasising at the start of the match something along the lines that the whole point of this U21 championship was precisely to provide a more competitive environment in order to try and replicate what these players can expect when they progress to the senior side.

Whatever, Norwich certainly gave them a lesson in the importance of inter-passing, closing down and all round teamwork. You have to hope they learnt something from that.

As I said in the other thread, we had a young team out there tonight. Ceballos, aged 21, the only one with any kind of senior experience. The remainder were aged between 16 and 19. Norwich, by contrast, had a number of older players on show, aged 22-26, with plenty of experience.

Nothing to be concerned about. All part of the learning curve, playing against older players.

Despite that wild air-kick clearance when he was pretty much the last man which lead to us conceding the third? He was all over the shop for a spell after that although tbf he did come up with a decent FK on goal at the death. But I made Ceballos our best player - by some distance.

Ceballos' decision making is usually very dreadful thats usually his problem.

Oligive was decent at left back.. isn't Maghoma only 16 too!!

a real talented bunch coming through

As I said in the other thread, we had a young team out there tonight. Ceballos, aged 21, the only one with any kind of senior experience. The remainder were aged between 16 and 19. Norwich, by contrast, had a number of older players on show, aged 22-26, with plenty of experience.

Nothing to be concerned about. All part of the learning curve, playing against older players.

LIke I said!

Agree Ogilvie looked better when he went out left, seemed to relish the extra time on the ball. Stood no chance with the early og deflection and showed maturity in getting over it so quickly.

Maghoma turns 17 on 8 November (I looked it up). Looks impressive for that age.

I wonder how often our youth players get involved with training with the seniors.

I am hearing stories about a couple of 14 year olds who are now training with the under 18's a couple of times a week. This is genuine as I know a few people in youth football in this country and one who has quite strong links to Tottenham.

Seems like we might have some real players on our hands. I hate ITK but I am now actually in the position to give some out.

Also friendly with the ex whitehawk manager darren freeman who was sacked last season and now works freelance scouting youth players. He signed a dutch guy to Hull he is dutch but lives with his family in Folkstone he is 17 and signed a 3 year contract with Hull and will get £1,700 a week at 17. Really is interesting hearing some of what goes on in youth football and I now have a few contacts in this area.

If more comes up with spurs I will post.

im not surprised as there are a couple fantastic players at that age group

As the u21's don't have a game in their league next week it appears they have arranged a friendly against my local side Hampton & Richmond. It's on Tuesday 21st with a 19:45 ko if anyone is interested.

Back