• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2014-2015

Don't know where to put this so here seems as good a place as any:

We have four players in the England U21 squad announced this morning - more than any other club. Dier, Carroll, Pritchard and Kane.

Pritchard only just recently made the step up, but I get the impression that Southgate likes him.

Pritchard only just recently made the step up, but I get the impression that Southgate likes him.

I think that Southgate will prove a much better England under 21 boss than Pearce. It seems that Southgate wants to help develop players with talent, whereas Pearce just wanted to win games at any cost.

Sherwood made a very good comment a couple of years ago that the England set up moan about not having enough technical players, but then allow their under 21 manager to shove a centre half into centre midfield (Manciene) when there was an excellent technical midfielder available (Carrol) not getting a look in.

Yeah I think Dier was regulalrly in the mix until the last couple of games when he had an injury. I'd like to see Southgate play Chambers and Dier at CB with Shaw out at LB, it's a combination which we may see in the next 4-5 years. Carroll has definately looked good playing in Southgate's 433 too. He'd have way more assists if Berahino was a more consistent finisher.

I hate in the know but I can tell you that we turned down a 3m offer for pritchard in the summer. I know this because I know the chief scout of a championship football club.

I hate in the know but I can tell you that we turned down a 3m offer for pritchard in the summer. I know this because I know the chief scout of a championship football club.
Good to see he scored for Brentford in their 3-1 win against Reading today.

Edit: just seen he also got an assist for the third.

Last edited:
Some nice technique in display. Kane seems to have developed the "knuckle ball" strike.
I really want to see Pritchard make it at Spurs, he's an exciting talent.

The more I watch Kane the more and more Im impressed with the lad, could have a very bright future

Under 18's lost 5-1 to Brighton today, the return match is January the 28th at Brighton's training ground when I hope to be there.

Surprised because I know Brighton under 18's lost to Arsenal 5-0 a few weeks ago and did not think Brighton would produce players for a few seasons. Maybe we had out a very young side which is why they beat us.

**Tottenham Hotspur U21 V Norwich City U21** ***OMT***

Tuesday 14th October 19:45

Venue:Carrow Road

Tickets free from www.canaries.co.uk

LIVE ON BT SPORT 1/BT SPORT 1 HD

This game kicks off only an hour after Croatia U21s v England U21s is due to finish- also on BT Sport 1. Can only hope our contingent will make it back from Croatia in time for kick off.

In the shirt (if anyone needs further evidence :D)

av730d.jpg

Back