• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Depends on the player. Did arsenal hold onto viera for too long? Man utd with giggs, scholes, neville?
Arsenal with Viera probably a season too long but they did get semi decent money for time for him. United were a whole different animal to ourselves. They were top of the food chain and had the both the revenues and the inclination to buy at the very top of the market to increase the quality of their playing squad. We are not in comparable situation to them.

Everyone on Reddit moaning about our window. So who should be have brought in then? Neto? Would he be the difference? Who else?

Arsenal with Viera probably a season too long but they did get semi decent money for time for him. United were a whole different animal to ourselves. They were top of the food chain and had the both the revenues and the inclination to buy at the very top of the market to increase the quality of their playing squad. We are not in comparable situation to them.

If romero is happy to sign a new contract next summer we should keep him. We have funds to buy players.

I might be crazy but i think the best way to improve is to buy better players than what we have. The easiest way to do that is replace the players not good enough. Not sell your best players.

They shout back the manager, but really they want us to sign the players they want.

They complain if we do deals early that we aren't doing anything at the end of the window.

Complain we don't spend any money.... We have.

They ignore any youth players, because they haven't watched them play before (limited highlight reals for them on YouTube....)

They are idiots

Everyone on Reddit moaning about our window. So who should be have brought in then? Neto? Would he be the difference? Who else?

Personally I'd've liked us to have bought Isak/Osimhen, Gray and Doue for the 3 key positions. Solanke, Gray and Obobert is a decent effort though.

Osimhen now looks getable, but we could easily have been blown out of the water and ended up with no one if we'd waited this late. Time will tell Obobert vs Doue, but there's probably not much between them as prospects. And Gray (young Kimmich) was my big hope for CM, so amazing that we actually got him.

Personally I'd've liked us to have bought Isak/Osimhen, Gray and Doue for the 3 key positions. Solanke, Gray and Obobert is a decent effort though.

Osimhen now looks getable, but we could easily have been blown out of the water and ended up with no one if we'd waited this late. Time will tell Obobert vs Doue, but there's probably not much between them as prospects. And Gray (young Kimmich) was my big hope for CM, so amazing that we actually got him.

€60m a year wages is not gettable.

If romero is happy to sign a new contract next summer we should keep him. We have funds to buy players.

I might be crazy but i think the best way to improve is to buy better players than what we have. The easiest way to do that is replace the players not good enough. Not sell your best players.
I agree but you can't always add by straight improving especially if you have an aversion to paying the biggest fees and highest wages. If we find ourselves in that situation then selling a player if high regard at the right time for us can be very beneficial.

Of course ideally you sell the deadwood and the less desirable players first but if you Romero with a low amount of years remaining on his contract and a disinclination to signing a new one then you have to as a sensible option consider selling him at the height of any interest. I would have much rather and I did suggest selling Eriksen towards the begining of his drop in performance.

I agree but you can't always add by straight improving especially if you have an aversion to paying the biggest fees and highest wages. If we find ourselves in that situation then selling a player if high regard at the right time for us can be very beneficial.

Of course ideally you sell the deadwood and the less desirable players first but if you Romero with a low amount of years remaining on his contract and a disinclination to signing a new one then you have to as a sensible option consider selling him at the height of any interest. I would have much rather and I did suggest selling Eriksen towards the begining of his drop in performance.

Your points are valid, but it isn't that easy

- Eriksen & Dele burnt out way earlier than they should have
- Kane & Son will probably last longer than most predicted
- We are still in the process of getting that quality squad in place (Romero +Son are the only current two with claim to being at top level, lots of promise in others), selling one of our better players even with a replacement plan doesn't lift the quality of squad

While that sell at right time model seems logical, the most successful club in the world (Madrid) holds on to players way past that logical point, just supplements the older heads with youth.

Ange Just said 'no more signings' in the press conference. So we can all stop predicting/hoping who we will sign on dld.

Back