• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I know it won't happen...but....if we suddenly announce signing of Eze this evening. I will be more than happy with this window. Otherwise it's a no real progress no real decline kind of transfer window for me really.

I know it won't happen...but....if we suddenly announce signing of Eze this evening. I will be more than happy with this window. Otherwise it's a no real progress no real decline kind of transfer window for me really.
Filled out the squad depth/quality, got rid of some deadwood and got a starting striker option and maybe a WF one as well. Not an amazing window, but an ok one.

For the same reasons, he doesnt belong in a team chading top 4. Every player in a yop 4 team needs to do their basic job excellent ...and then contribute some more.

It's only because we strapped for cash that we stuck with him. Good value for sure given the circumstances. Ange probably rates him as such too.
Good enough for epl team - yes , but not top 4

I have been critical of Davies most of his career (with us). He's always been limited. But similar to Royal, his defensive ability is underrated. My criticisms are more about his ability on the ball and his limitations attacking. His awareness and defensive game - now - is massively underrated. He can raise his game and put in fantastic defensive displays. And even in possession now, he can hold his own, all be it, he isn't suited to the Ange fullback role. Which is why he's deputised more at CB.

Last season, if you took the time to go back and watch his performances, I think he was one of the best defenders. But maybe limited us playing out, compared with Romero's ability on the ball.

Personally I think we need to be significantly moving forward each window with one or two major (gettable) signings. Where we really push the boat out a little bit.

For me, as a fan, in this window it was Toney and Eze. After that the club can go bring in whoever they wanted and clear out whoever needed to go.

We got Solanke (who I think is a very good player) probably one level below Toney, so I'm not disappointed too much.
But Eze is a ready dynamic game changer. And we don't have that.
So I don't think we've significantly improved the quality. We've only made organic improvements.
That's why in my opinion it's not bad, but not great. Although we are playing catch-up with others.

I'm more interested in the part claiming we will buy part of future sales.... That's not a thing is it?

Chelsea are about to by shares in every player u21....

I'm more interested in the part claiming we will buy part of future sales.... That's not a thing is it?

Chelsea are about to by shares in every player u21....

I'm assuming instead of putting sell on rights on Gio, we got them to put sell on/buy clause on this kid.

IIRC Levy did something crazy like this 10+ years ago, details fuzzy as I'm getting old ..

For the same reasons, he doesnt belong in a team chading top 4. Every player in a yop 4 team needs to do their basic job excellent ...and then contribute some more.

It's only because we strapped for cash that we stuck with him. Good value for sure given the circumstances. Ange probably rates him as such too.
Good enough for epl team - yes , but not top 4

Are you under the misimpression he’s first 11 player!? Davies is backup. We could sign a promising 21 year old for 40m and because of their level of experience be less effective defensively than Davies, who’s highly experienced for Spurs and Wales. And when playing cameos - the odd game here and there - Davies has shown he can play at a top top level defensively.

I'm assuming instead of putting sell on rights on Gio, we got them to put sell on/buy clause on this kid.

IIRC Levy did something crazy like this 10+ years ago, details fuzzy as I'm getting old ..
Wasn’t it a goalkeeper maybe from Portsmouth? Begovic it may have been.

Out: Perisic, Dier, Emerson, Skipp, Rodon, Ndombele, Japhet, Sess, Hojbjerg, Parrott, John, Santiago,
Some great work here to rationalise the squad numbers. Reggie and Gio going would make it even better.

Loan: Solomon, Gil, Phillips, Veliz, Scarlett, Abbott, Craig, Donley, Keeley
So different from last season, when we had 50:50 between a bunch of 24-27 year olds who we couldn't shift versus development loans for future 1st team. This season it has a much better feel for what a loan list should look like.

In: Gray, Odobert, Bergval, Solanke, Yang (Jan)
4 amazing kids, plus one of the league's safer but not spectacular players. However, scouted for being a tactical fit to Ange ball.

The only thing I'd say is that there should be no more chatter about whether this is Ange's squad or not. He's made his choices, money has been spent and it therefore absolutely is HIS squad. I still reckon if we come up short of top 4 it will be for tactical reasons more than what players we have or haven't got. I still need to see some more of this season and see if the defensive system has improved enough.

I'm backing Ange though.

I may be in the minority. I don’t think the incomings have been that good.

Yes there’s a lot of potential no doubt but that’s got to be realised before we can claim this as some spectacular coup in terms of the youngsters.

The deadwood shifted is good no doubt but we now have a tight squad with a lot of games to play.

Couple injuries in certain areas and we are short. I don’t particularly rate our attacking options as I have said before. Son aside.

Time will hopefully prove me wrong but I just don’t see it. I am actually quite surprised at how so many are confident in where we are at. Everything I’ve seen says this is going to be a bit of a nothing season.

I have explained before my reasoning around the youngsters and our attacking options in this thread.

But it’s a 5/10 for me. It started with links to some decent players.

If you told me just prior to selling Kane we’d have Solanke , Johnson and Werner instead I’d of laughed.

Back