• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Hard to know what we need now.

Ostensibly we still look unfinished in midfield and attack. Yet we have the players. We probably just need to give them and the coaches time.

Fans seem to appreciate the club signing highly talented youngsters. So we need to play them: give them opportunities to learn and develop. Part of that is accepting they will make the odd mistake. That’s okay by me. The likes of Gray and Bergvall could be the next elite players. But we have to be patient with them.
Chiesa as a van der Vaart.

We'll be fine in CM with the 7 we've got

Hard to know what we need now.

Ostensibly we still look unfinished in midfield and attack. Yet we have the players. We probably just need to give them and the coaches time.

Fans seem to appreciate the club signing highly talented youngsters. So we need to play them: give them opportunities to learn and develop. Part of that is accepting they will make the odd mistake. That’s okay by me. The likes of Gray and Bergvall could be the next elite players. But we have to be patient with them.

I'd say we should be bringing in GK cover for if Vic gets injured. I have no idea how good Austin is, though.

Also, ideally cover on Lb and a DM, but I reckon we'll stick with Biss and Gray.

Chiesa as a van der Vaart.

We'll be fine in CM with the 7 we've got

There's a reason he is being offered at a knockdown price. Also why nobody is interested even at the knockdown price. If it was a good deal paratici would have given us the heads up.

There's a reason he is being offered at a knockdown price. Also why nobody is interested even at the knockdown price. If it was a good deal paratici would have given us the heads up.
Van der Vaart was the same. He cost us about £8m because he was struggling at Madrid and everyone assumed he was done

I'd say we should be bringing in GK cover for if Vic gets injured. I have no idea how good Austin is, though.

Also, ideally cover on Lb and a DM, but I reckon we'll stick with Biss and Gray.
You dont need decent backup GKs because you can use the emergency loan rule if you get an injury. Backup GK roles are mainly about bantz for training, rather than ability to step into the frey

Van der Vaart was the same. He cost us about £8m because he was struggling at Madrid and everyone assumed he was done

Van der vaart only became available on transfer deadline day. As byern were meant to be buying him but the move collapsed. None of us thought he was done and were all massively excited about signing him.

I don't think so. He's always missed lots of chances and I don't think we create the sheer volume of quality he had at Emirates Marketing Project and he's lost a step from that time as it is.

He was pretty awful for Chelsea last year despite getting some goals. Because again Chelsea actually created tons of chances but they just couldn't take them and he was a big contributor to that problem imo.

Would he be better than say Johnson on the right? Maybe but he's not a crosser which is the way we play Johnson. He's definitely better in the congested spaces and with intricate play. Ange would have to modify his system to play with a Sterling instead. I dunno if I think it's worth it at this stage of his career tbh. If we didn't already have Werner as the semi veteran wide attacker from the bench that plays when desperate then possibly.
He also earns well over £100,000 more than any player at Spurs. If we are paying that kind of money you need to be bordering on world class

The thing is, the players they sign now, don't get high base wages. All of them are around 50k-70k base, but they get long contracts and good performance bonuses. That's why they want rid of players like Sterling and Chilwell, as they have huge base wages.

That said, can't see that a wide attacker is what they need most (or any other position other than striker)

No way Neto and Felix are on less than 150K each.

The thing is, the players they sign now, don't get high base wages. All of them are around 50k-70k base, but they get long contracts and good performance bonuses. That's why they want rid of players like Sterling and Chilwell, as they have huge base wages.

That said, can't see that a wide attacker is what they need most (or any other position other than striker)

Yet chelseas wages went up year on year.

This isn't true
I dont believe it either.

It was mentioned on a football radio show yesterday that apparently they have brought the overall wage bill down. It's hard to believe but the newspaper football writers on the show discussing it said it was one of Boehlys teams goals. They mentioned how their first few signings like Sterling were a mistake and that they have now worked on shifting out (for the most part) the older, high wage players in the squad such as Mendy, Lukaku, Kepa, Ziyech, Tiago Silva, Now Sterling and Chilwell to follow

I still don't believe it though

I dont believe it either.

It was mentioned on a football radio show yesterday that apparently they have brought the overall wage bill down. It's hard to believe but the newspaper football writers on the show discussing it said it was one of Boehlys teams goals. They mentioned how their first few signings like Sterling were a mistake and that they have now worked on shifting out (for the most part) the older, high wage players in the squad such as Mendy, Lukaku, Kepa, Ziyech, Tiago Silva, Now Sterling and Chilwell to follow

I still don't believe it though

I posted their last financials above. Their wages went up.

Back