• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

The reason it works is because they don’t waste chances like we do
That's only really been the case since Haaland joined. Before that City have always created tons of chances and scored a percentage of them. They had Sterling missing 4 or 5 but scoring 1 or 2. City work because of Fernandinho first and now Rodri.

Pep has always had security in midfield for his teams. Toure and then Busquets for Barca, Lahm and then Alonso at Bayern. The DM role is uber important to Pep, but he wants ballers with that defensive awareness to go with it.

That's only really been the case since Haaland joined. Before that City have always created tons of chances and scored a percentage of them. They had Sterling missing 4 or 5 but scoring 1 or 2. City work because of Fernandinho first and now Rodri.

Pep has always had security in midfield for his teams. Toure and then Busquets for Barca, Lahm and then Alonso at Bayern. The DM role is uber important to Pep, but he wants ballers with that defensive awareness to go with it.
They are all outstanding at the
But they take the chances that win the games
And also they don’t panic

Antonio Nusa going to RB Leipzig for €20m.
Shame we didn't go for him. Surely worth the 'risk'. He's levels above the South Korean guy we bought, but maybe the club are thinking of more shirt sales in Korea.
Levels above… he is levels over what we have.. shame yes, 2 games 2 goals.. match winner today. media in germany in shock.

Sterli
That's only really been the case since Haaland joined. Before that City have always created tons of chances and scored a percentage of them. They had Sterling missing 4 or 5 but scoring 1 or 2.

Forgotten man, Sterling. Cheeky bid? Will he improve us?

Illustrates the issues with finding a stellar 6/DM. Such a key position for them, as it is for us. For all their money, for the attraction of Pep, titles and everything. They've really struggled to find a rotation option for Rodri. Just like Liverpool have essentially not been able to replace Fabinho for years now.

They are all outstanding at the
But they take the chances that win the games
And also they don’t panic
I think the lack of panic is the mental side but also a reassurance in their ability. They know they are all great at football and given the system they play it's just a matter of time untill they get chances on goal. We haven't got the same quality so it's understandable why the players panic when it's going wrong. We are building towards having that level of technique throughout the squad but yes it's going to take time. It does mean at some point replacing Johnson with someone who does have good technique in tight spaces and congested areas, someone who can beat his man with a move or swivel rather than just a knock and run and it won't be just Johnson the whole first 11 will eventually be evolved to play this way. That's why a signing like Bergvall is so key imo, yes he's young but he already has those key attributes, he already has the touch the control etc. Now it's about building his tactical profile to fit and grow in our system.

Illustrates the issues with finding a stellar 6/DM. Such a key position for them, as it is for us. For all their money, for the attraction of Pep, titles and everything. They've really struggled to find a rotation option for Rodri. Just like Liverpool have essentially not been able to replace Fabinho for years now.
Yes that kind of player is difficult to find but they do exist. At the moment the obvious candidates are Ederson who really looks the part to me, Zubimendi, Fabian Ruiz and annoyingly the new Arsenal guy Merino. I imagine Gray is our long term solution so we possibly already have a our guy, just one who will eventually take over from Bissouma.

Sterli

Forgotten man, Sterling. Cheeky bid? Will he improve us?
I don't think so. He's always missed lots of chances and I don't think we create the sheer volume of quality he had at Emirates Marketing Project and he's lost a step from that time as it is.

He was pretty awful for Chelsea last year despite getting some goals. Because again Chelsea actually created tons of chances but they just couldn't take them and he was a big contributor to that problem imo.

Would he be better than say Johnson on the right? Maybe but he's not a crosser which is the way we play Johnson. He's definitely better in the congested spaces and with intricate play. Ange would have to modify his system to play with a Sterling instead. I dunno if I think it's worth it at this stage of his career tbh. If we didn't already have Werner as the semi veteran wide attacker from the bench that plays when desperate then possibly.

I think the lack of panic is the mental side but also a reassurance in their ability. They know they are all great at football and given the system they play it's just a matter of time untill they get chances on goal. We haven't got the same quality so it's understandable why the players panic when it's going wrong. We are building towards having that level of technique throughout the squad but yes it's going to take time. It does mean at some point replacing Johnson with someone who does have good technique in tight spaces and congested areas, someone who can beat his man with a move or swivel rather than just a knock and run and it won't be just Johnson the whole first 11 will eventually be evolved to play this way. That's why a signing like Bergvall is so key imo, yes he's young but he already has those key attributes, he already has the touch the control etc. Now it's about building his tactical profile to fit and grow in our system.

Yes that kind of player is difficult to find but they do exist. At the moment the obvious candidates are Ederson who really looks the part to me, Zubimendi, Fabian Ruiz and annoyingly the new Arsenal guy Merino. I imagine Gray is our long term solution so we possibly already have a our guy, just one who will eventually take over from Bissouma.
Confidence/flow is important for that reassurance. We had it at the start of last season. But it only really comes from good performances and results over time.

Of those you mentioned at least a couple aren't/wouldn't be available for us. Some more 8/6 hybrid type players, or more used to playing in a double pivot. Not saying they don't exist, but clear upgrades on Bissouma are few, far between and expensive at best. Bissouma for now, hope he can grow his consistency. Gray over time to hopefully become a better and better option. Sensible plan imo.

Given we lack a proper left back to cover Destiny, it might be worth a cheeky bid for Chilwell. He's a very experienced full international.

Yes that kind of player is difficult to find but they do exist. At the moment the obvious candidates are Ederson who really looks the part to me, Zubimendi, Fabian Ruiz and annoyingly the new Arsenal guy Merino. I imagine Gray is our long term solution so we possibly already have an our guy, just one who will eventually take over from Bissouma.
Merino won’t play IMO
I don’t get the signing
Very good player but will be okay ahead of Partey or Rice… I don’t think so
It’s another one that’s in an area of strength for them rather than them addressing their weakness at CF
I do wonder… and I hope I’m wrong… that they will play the release clause of someone top this week knowing that no one else will be able to compete
Osihmen wouldn’t shock me at all

Injuries have hampered his career but I've never been convinced of his defensive work, its seems to me you either get good defensive fullbacks or attacking wingbacks.
He is neither
Very hot and cold
Reminds me of shaw but not as good
When k look back at England and see we went from Cole to rose to what we have now… very very slim pickings

Back