• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Biggest thing that I like about that table is that our toughest three games are all home games. It obviously doesn't guarantee anything, but I am yet to see a team come to WHL this year and play us off the park.

There is no longer any team that can do that. How times have changed eh?!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

There is no longer any team that can do that. How times have changed eh?!

Liverpool can, I think. They've done it twice in two seasons under Klopp. They turn our pressing game against us quite effectively, and it usually works in terms of them gaining the upper hand against us, home or away.

They're pretty much the only ones, though. Apart from them, I think Arsenal can do so for short spells within games (like when they dominated against us with ten men for the last ten minutes last season), but we usually emerge the superior team overall at the end of the home NLDs.

Just need to keep keep doing what we've been doing...

C6KiNYSXEAE50f8.jpg

I think our position reads quite well, particularly when you look at the next 6 league games. We have a slightly more awkward run-in than some but if we were to win say 5 of our next 6, we could have such a commanding gap over 5th place that a top 4 spot

If you want to be a real optimist, whilst our next 6 league games all look very winnable, cheatki's next 6 include trips to West Ham and Stoke and Man U and Man C at home. Its perfectly feasible that they win say 3 of those, draw 2 and lose 1...that's 7 points dropped, and we're 7 behind. I'm not saying we'll win the title at all, however we could go into the last 5-6 games with less than 1 result separating us and them

I think our position reads quite well, particularly when you look at the next 6 league games. We have a slightly more awkward run-in than some but if we were to win say 5 of our next 6, we could have such a commanding gap over 5th place that a top 4 spot

If you want to be a real optimist, whilst our next 6 league games all look very winnable, cheatki's next 6 include trips to West Ham and Stoke and Man U and Man C at home. Its perfectly feasible that they win say 3 of those, draw 2 and lose 1...that's 7 points dropped, and we're 7 behind. I'm not saying we'll win the title at all, however we could go into the last 5-6 games with less than 1 result separating us and them

And adding to my post above, they also finish with trips to Everton and Man U in the last few games...

We have eleven games left -

Soton (H)
Burnley (A)
Swansea (A)
Watford (H)
B'mouth (H)
Leicester (A)
A*se (H)
Wet Spam (A)
United (H)
Hull (A)

Soton, Watford and Bournemouth *should* be home wins, if we keep our focus. Other than that, it gets a lot more complicated - Burnley, Swansea and Leicester (our next three away games) are going to be *very* difficult fixtures. Burnley are solid at home, Swansea are in a very good run of form (third in the form table behind us and Everton, iirc) and Leicester are seemingly back (plus, we rarely do well against them).

Form goes out the window for the derby, although it's the last one at the Lane so we *should* have the motivation to go out there and beat the c*nts. West Ham will want to get a win over us at their enormous Bowl of Impending Failure (tm) and Hull might be scrapping for survival on the last day - plus, they're hard to beat under Marco Silva.

I'd take 18 points from those eleven games - five wins, three draws, three losses. Should get us up to 74 points for the season, a solid total all-round.

If you want to be a real optimist, whilst our next 6 league games all look very winnable, cheatki's next 6 include trips to West Ham and Stoke and Man U and Man C at home. Its perfectly feasible that they win say 3 of those, draw 2 and lose 1...that's 7 points dropped, and we're 7 behind.
I'm not saying we'll win the title at all, however we could go into the last 5-6 games with less than 1 result separating us and them

I've been quietly thinking this myself, but I wrote off the league after drawing away to Sunderland, to save myself the mental torture haha. It'd be nice if we could make Chelsea wobble a little bit at least. Aiming for first and securing a top 3 finish is our thinking as a club, imo.

We have eleven games left -

Soton (H)
Burnley (A)
Swansea (A)
Watford (H)
B'mouth (H)
Leicester (A)
A*se (H)
Wet Spam (A)
United (H)
Hull (A)

Soton, Watford and Bournemouth *should* be home wins, if we keep our focus. Other than that, it gets a lot more complicated - Burnley, Swansea and Leicester (our next three away games) are going to be *very* difficult fixtures. Burnley are solid at home, Swansea are in a very good run of form (third in the form table behind us and Everton, iirc) and Leicester are seemingly back (plus, we rarely do well against them).

Form goes out the window for the derby, although it's the last one at the Lane so we *should* have the motivation to go out there and beat the c*nts. West Ham will want to get a win over us at their enormous Bowl of Impending Failure (tm) and Hull might be scrapping for survival on the last day - plus, they're hard to beat under Marco Silva.

I'd take 18 points from those eleven games - five wins, three draws, three losses. Should get us up to 74 points for the season, a solid total all-round.

Couple points - firstly, you've only listed 10 games. Secondly, you'd take 18 points from 11 games? I sincerely hope we take more than that otherwise we have a very real risk of finishing 5th!

Couple points - firstly, you've only listed 10 games. Secondly, you'd take 18 points from 11 games? I sincerely hope we take more than that otherwise we have a very real risk of finishing 5th!

Yeah, considering the form we're building up, and that we have no Euro league to worry about, I'd expect us to get more than 18 points from those games. We'll see though. All games are potentially tough games, but as long as we're motivated and give it our all, I don't see why we, on paper anyway, shouldn't win all of them (won't happen, of course, but we should be able to).

If we can get top 3 again, that would be great. 2 seasons back to back in the CL group stages.

Then next year is almost a free shot. I don't think our Wembley form will be that bad, but even if it is terrible, and we finish outside of the European places, we have all our top players on long term contracts and no one is going to be desperate to push for a move when their next season will be the one they've been working towards for years. Then we win the league. Simple.

Back