• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Looked so confident did Farah, reminds me of Bolt with his interaction with opponents. The reception he got before the race was the loudest ive heard at these games, unbelievable.

Farah was incredible, what a race.

Strange 800m from the "women" there - Semenya allowed them to go clear and kicked waaaayyyyy too late

Then when "she" crossed the line she wasn't even tired or panting for breath

The bloke should have gone much earlier, what a twit

Silver though

Did you see Colin Jackson trying to work out her strategy hinting that she deliberately didnt want to win due to negative press and
Michael Johnsons bemused reaction to him. :ross:

Ed Fernon comes 27th! Great stuff.

For such a strange event, that was an exciting finish.

This is what the Olympics is about, someone competing at their event trying to do the best they can. It doesn't have to be exclusively about the big names in the popular sports and the medallists. There is room for people just competing and the minor events. So congratulations to your friend, he is an Olympian*.

----------------------------
* Even if an Australian.

This is what the Olympics is about, someone competing at their event trying to do the best they can. It doesn't have to be exclusively about the big names in the popular sports and the medallists. There is room for people just competing and the minor events. So congratulations to your friend, he is an Olympian*.

----------------------------
* Even if an Australian.

Completely agree and though I haven't actually seen him in a while I'm full of pride for him too. Simply amazing to even be an Olympian, and yes, even better to overcome the severe disadvantage of being Australian :)

Did you notice John Inverdale commenting on the 800m women getting their medals

He said that Semenya was leading "the crying game" because the women were crying with joy

Any film buff will know what he was saying...

I see that Blake wore the $500,000 yellow and green watch again... naughty boy - he'll get a big fine for that, but I'm sure the watchmaker is loving the controversy

Why are Finns good at javelin?

It's bloody freezing and windy most of the year, why would they be doing outdoor javelin things?!

Back