• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

That classic English bitterness obviously came to the fore on here overnight. At least Pendleton has the class to accept the defeat, while you lot refer to an absolute champion who came back from a broken neck as a "****". Really??

That is like saying Holland dominate England at cricket purely because they beat us in one twenty20. That friendly obviously meant more to you than it did to us. Germany, Scotland and Argentina are England's rivals when it comes to football. Even though we've been average at football for over 40 years as you rightly point out, we've still achieved far more than you.

We've won a Rugby world cup more recently than you have and got to another final.

Were better than you at cricket.

Were about to beat you for the 2nd time in a row in the olympics and have already won more golds than you did at Sydney so you can't claim it's all down to home advantage.

We were talking about the Aus dominance over England/GB in the past tense. Onviously today you enjoy success over us in non-water polo events.

Last edited:
So apparantly Mark Cavendish commented that Pendleton was rightly relegated as her ride impeded Meares'. And he's never afraid to lay one into us, so I'll take that as correct decision all clear, jolly well played chaps.

I'm absolutely loving the bitterness coming from Aussies. At the beginning of last week I was getting the tinkle ripped out of me in the office as GB hadn't won a gold, it's very quiet now.

There was even a ludicrous 'article' on news websites banging on about how Kazakhstan had more golds than GB, complete with a photoshopped Borat holding medals...(forgetting they also had more golds than Australia).

Indeed. The best bit though is after our "disastrous" gold medal haul of 5 and counting (about par for the Brits pre-Sydney) and with an election coming up, you can bet your sweet arse that the pollies will be throwing buckets of money to regain our rightful place as the dominant sporting nation in the Commonwealth.

Brazil = Game on moles.

That classic English bitterness obviously came to the fore on here overnight. At least Pendleton has the class to accept the defeat, while you lot refer to an absolute champion who came back from a broken neck as a "****". Really??

AzueswfCEAAxSTo.jpg

Surely that Sun front page should've been saved as the headline for when the Olympics are over (obviously with an updated medal count!)

If anyone looks back at it then it looks like a final statement rather than a current total.. being picky I know but how will they top that front page when the final tally is in?

I also think they should have a complete pull-out section of how to find your nearest club for each sport.. think how many new kids they could attract to the different disciplines after so many people have either been to watch live or enjoyed on TV.

Apparently British Cycling has reported 1500 new members or something in the last week!!*

(*Heard this somewhere but can't remember where?)

Perhaps rather than focussing on sending every single child to University

The government should wake up and start putting sport right up there with academia

Be brilliant to ensure Australia are ALWAYS behind us

Trouble is there is no sports programme in schools.

My school got a 2m grant from the lottery to build a new sports hall but the requirement was that it also had to be a general community one so it was barely ever used for school purposes and community didnt use it much so it laid dormant most of the time.

I probably used it 3 or 4 times a year for classes.

I think our PE teachers were also part time and doubled up teaching English and Maths.

I'm absolutely loving the bitterness coming from Aussies. At the beginning of last week I was getting the tinkle ripped out of me in the office as GB hadn't won a gold, it's very quiet now.

There was even a ludicrous 'article' on news websites banging on about how Kazakhstan had more golds than GB, complete with a photoshopped Borat holding medals...(forgetting they also had more golds than Australia).
Don't worry, they're bitter to New Zealand as well - remember that news story where they featured the 'top ten' in the medal table, conveniently forgetting the last (New Zealand) and skipping straight to number nineteen which was the convicts.

Indeed. The best bit though is after our "disastrous" gold medal haul of 5 and counting (about par for the Brits pre-Sydney) and with an election coming up, you can bet your sweet arse that the pollies will be throwing buckets of money to regain our rightful place as the dominant sporting nation in the Commonwealth.
Even if you start to close the gap again, just remember who created all those sports that you love ;)

Don't worry, they're bitter to New Zealand as well - remember that news story where they featured the 'top ten' in the medal table, conveniently forgetting the last (New Zealand) and skipping straight to number nineteen which was the convicts.

Straws. Clutching.

Back