• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

SILVER MEDAL- Nick Dempsey GBR (Mens RS:X Windsurfing)

Nick Dempsey is across the line to keep that promise to his three-old son Thomas and bring a medal back to their Dorset home. It is Dempsey's first Olympic medal after competing in three previous Games.

+ Mo, Boxers maybe, Daley in the diving, Kayaking too, Dressage, 25 + !!!!

Plus ...

The woman in the 10k open water swimming is favourite.

Still a few sailing possibilities, although its looking like more silvers than golds. Currently second in the two 470 races (check here)

The women's hockey team is in the medal rounds and the men can join them with a draw agains Spain today.

Also the modern pentathlon where we have some history.

How do you even get into modern pentathlon?

By being born in eastern europe.

I've no idea who plays it here, just remember we have got medals before. Perhaps its done in certain types of school, along with polo.

Correction:
our women were first and third at the world championship this year.

Last edited:
Plus ...

The woman in the 10k open water swimming is favourite.

Still a few sailing possibilities, although its looking like more silvers than golds. Currently second in the two 470 races (check here)

The women's hockey team is in the medal rounds and the men can join them with a draw agains Spain today.

Also the modern pentathlon where we have some history.

Also forgot about the girl in the BMX (Reade?) she crashed in the final last time when World No1. Gotta be a contender again.

Not sure about the mountain biking though?

By being born in eastern europe.

I've no idea who plays it here, just remember we have got medals before. Perhaps its done in certain types of school, along with polo.

On checking, our woman is world champion and the man was third thiis year.

I remember something about it being linked to military in eastern Europe, it's riding, shooting, running, swimming, fencing. There's also frequent calls to remove it and I must say I agree.

This afternoon's main course will be dished up in the Velodrome where Sir Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton will both be going for their second gold medals of the Games.

Pendleton appears in the women's sprint semi-finals at 1627 and Hoy in the men's keirin semis at 1634. The finals will follow later on, with Laura Trott's bid for omnium gold sandwiched in between.

Back