• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

At what point does it stop being knee-jerk and more an opinion of how our season is shaping up?

The 'SEASON OVER' aspect of it is the only thing that seems to be grinding people's gears here, as of COURSE we've had (up until about 3 weeks ago) a magnificent season... and if sentiment doesn't get the better of us on Tuesday, then we have a great chance to get to the semi-final 9and the last time we did that, the season didn't turn out too shabbily... even if the semi-Final itself was one to forget!)

The only difference is really WHEN the season can be deemed - as you say - 'over' ...in years gone by (a while ago now, granted) the season was over by mid-January, once it's clear we're not going to bother either top-nor-bottom of the league.. but in more recent years, we've been spoilt somewhat, by actually having something to play for in the final weeks of the season... but just 'cos we've been treated to such dramas, doesn't mean it's our birthright... yet showing no signs of pushing on from those dizzy heights IS frustrating... it's as if we were only allowed to be decent for a couple of seasons, then back down to where we belong... whereas CERTAIN teams are allowed to dominate for a upwards of a decade... so why can't WE?

THAT'S where the frustration stems from I feel... the notion that the season is over IS a little premature, but the season we were promised at, say the turn of the year (ie possibly challenging for the title, however far-fetched that may have seemed) IS most definitely over... so yes, in THAT respect, the season IS over... but there's still a DIFFERENT season we can push for... one that ends in 3rd or 4th and a Cup Final (semi at worst)... which, I'm sure we'd ALL agree, is not TOO bad!

Do any of you idiots actually go to games or do you just sit on here and whinge like fudge about everything while watching from your 'rivers' wasn't long ago i was paying yes paying for the pleasure of watching gary docherty line up next to taricco and jonny jackson or don't any of you remember pre 2010 when i'd guess alot of you started supporting us? 5 points ahead of chelsea in mid march ooooooohhh terrible season
This sort of post was put about when we were 10pts ahead of wengers mob. At what point is it not kneejerk. If we lose to chelsea then for me its almost not kneejerk, its real.

:-"Just in the black humour department, I did wonder a week or two ago what would happen if the bad run continued and we got something like 2 points from 8 games! Well it could EASILY be 1 point from 5 games (and probably will). Of course it's not going to happen and we will end up 3rd after all.:-"

anyone else dissapointed that parker isnt producing the performances he did when he 1st signed?

the way he spurred the team on with his drive, winning the ball back from everywhere. he put so much effort in he barely lasted the 90 mins. post xmas he has been just... meh, very average

Parkers effectiveness is (IMO) directly proportional to how much he tries to do.

a) simple job, protect the defence, give it simple - top performances
b) try and take command of things - less effective
c) try and be a box to box all rounder - fudging useless

This sort of post was put about when we were 10pts ahead of wengers mob. At what point is it not kneejerk. If we lose to chelsea then for me its almost not kneejerk, its real.

Exactly. Are we ever allowed to be disappointed and fudged off that we've coughed up a 10 point lead in just 4 games? It is starting to look frighteningly similar to last season where we fell apart after the Blackpool defeat. I think 2 games this season have been huge turning points, the Emirates Marketing Project game in January where we could have been the first team to get ANYTHING at Eastlands all season and should have won the game, instead we lose and in the last minute as an extra kick in the gonads. And obviously the Arsenal game, 2-0 up, 10 points clear.

Just because we were brick 10 years ago doesn't mean were not allowed to disappointed that were struggling NOW.

Parkers effectiveness is (IMO) directly proportional to how much he tries to do.

a) simple job, protect the defence, give it simple - top performances
b) try and take command of things - less effective
c) try and be a box to box all rounder - fudging useless

Very true,it also affects Modric's performances directly because he has more defensive responsibility when Parker goes forward.

Exactly. Are we ever allowed to be disappointed and fudged off that we've coughed up a 10 point lead in just 4 games? It is starting to look frighteningly similar to last season where we fell apart after the Blackpool defeat. I think 2 games this season have been huge turning points, the Emirates Marketing Project game in January where we could have been the first team to get ANYTHING at Eastlands all season and should have won the game, instead we lose and in the last minute as an extra kick in the gonads. And obviously the Arsenal game, 2-0 up, 10 points clear.

Just because we were brick 10 years ago doesn't mean were not allowed to disappointed that were struggling NOW.

This game really was a kick in the teeth. I was of the opinion this is what could have started it all, but when I think back, its really since the Norwich game.
Swansea, it was a decent point, but we didnt play particularly well
WBA Won but struggled to get all 3 points
Cheltenham Did enough but nothing outstanding
Everton We played much better
Wolves Struggled again, but did get a couple of decisions against us

Bar the Saudi Sportswashing Machine match we haven't really played anything like what we are capable of, which is quite worrying at times. Although it does show how well we had done, to have had such a run for nearly 3 months and still lie 4th and be 90 minutes from a semi-final

This game really was a kick in the teeth. I was of the opinion this is what could have started it all, but when I think back, its really since the Norwich game.
Swansea, it was a decent point, but we didnt play particularly well
WBA Won but struggled to get all 3 points
Cheltenham Did enough but nothing outstanding
Everton We played much better
Wolves Struggled again, but did get a couple of decisions against us

Bar the Saudi Sportswashing Machine match we haven't really played anything like what we are capable of, which is quite worrying at times. Although it does show how well we had done, to have had such a run for nearly 3 months and still lie 4th and be 90 minutes from a semi-final

For me it was the 'pool game. Such a disappointing performance. Because you could see we weren't going to sustain our great form - it was a run rather than permanent. Coincided with Harry's court case.

For me it was the 'pool game. Such a disappointing performance. Because you could see we weren't going to sustain our great form - it was a run rather than permanent. Coincided with Harry's court case.

I saw that as a positive result. Liverpool at the time we unbeaten at home, I know were a better team than them, but playing away does make a difference. We had several key players missing, our bench included players like Luongo and Lancaster, and our manager was missing.

Could well have was an order from a higher level to derail our season and preserve the CL balance sheet from the PL

implied-facepalm.jpg

We aren't making the CL

Honestly, this has nothing to do with the result today, but more about Redknapps reaction.

Redknapp said he was happy with the way we played, and happy with the formation. IMO he's flat out wrong. If he continues to play Sandro and Parker together in central midfield we may not concede many, but we won't be scoring either.

I predict a few more 0-0 draws before the end of the season if we play two defensive midfielders in the center.

I'm disappointed with the performance today (not the result), but this is OTT.

Lets see how we do on Monday before we throw in the towel.

Back