• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

You'll have to wait just 2 more days for a match in which we won't play Sandro and Parker.

This. I don't like 4-5-1 and make no bones about it, but if Lennon isn't 100% fit then I understand why he isn't starting today. Against Norwich I fully expect to see a midfield of Bale-Modric-Parker-Lennon

I was happy when the match finished, I thought it would make Harry realise he has to play Sandro OR Parker in the middle with Modric, not together.

After Harrys comments I expect to see this formation a lot more before the end of the year, which will cost us.

I hate knee jerk but this isn't a knee jerk post. We don't score when Parker/Sandro play together, especially against a team like Sunderland who will be happy to sit back and take a draw.

I suspect 3rd and 4th will go to Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are playing without pressure or cup distractions. Our performances since Feb don't merit a place in the CL.

Postive in this thread isnt it...

We may as well fold by the sounds of it, oh hold on were 3rd with 7 games to go and in the SF of the FA Cup...

Not a great performance.

And I don't like Parker and Sandro together in midfield either.

But "not making CL"?

This was always going to be a tough game. I didn't expect more than a draw. So, overall, I'm not too upset.

This point could be the point that secures us CL. Or 3rd.

We're doomed, doomed I tell you! How terrible that we could only manage a point after dominating possession and the flow of the game against an extremely disciplined, effective Sunderland side who haven't lost at home since November 2011! How horrific!

10th at best. Redknapp out, Jol in. Parker out, Zokora in. Modric out, Jenas in. We want our club back.

I suspect 3rd and 4th will go to Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are playing without pressure or cup distractions. Our performances since Feb don't merit a place in the CL.

Even with the cup distraction, I'd rather have our run in than either of theirs.

Postive in this thread isnt it...

We may as well fold by the sounds of it, oh hold on were 3rd with 7 games to go and in the SF of the FA Cup...

Put Modric in the middle where he can influence the game and its a different story. With Parker and Sandro we are going to be dropping more points in painful nil nils

We're doomed, doomed I tell you! How terrible that we could only manage a point after dominating possession and the flow of the game against an extremely disciplined, effective Sunderland side who haven't lost at home since November 2011! How horrific!

10th at best. Redknapp out, Jol in. Parker out, Zokora in. Modric out, Jenas in. We want our club back.

Did you even read my post? This is nothing to do with the result, it's the way we play with Parker/Sandro together. It's been the same for weeks

I excpect to see more of Lennon from now on and less of Sandro.

After the game I thought exactly the same and was happy, but in his post match interview redknapp said he liked the formation we played which makes me suspect we will see more Lennon on the bench

I'm not quite sure what people were expecting today? Sunderland away was always going to be a hard game. The performance was utter brick. The result was good. We're not going to stteamroll every team. Be happy that we didn't get sucker punched like City did there.

Also, we haven't won away since Norwich. That was in December, right? I can't be bothered to check but I'm fairly certain we haven't played a central three of Modric-Parker-Sandro in every away since then. There's another problem there we need to address.

Did you even read my post? This is nothing to do with the result, it's the way we play with Parker/Sandro together. It's been the same for weeks

I read your post, mate. I think it's a bit of an over-reaction. Redknapp's right to say that 4-5-1 is a formation that allows us control of the game; it does. Does it blunt out attacking edge? Absolutely, with current personnel. But it makes us solid and hard to beat as well. Now, we'v got three away games and three home games. I'm willing to wager he'll revert to a 4-4-1-1 for at least the home games. That gives us nine points. Now, assuming he goes with the 4-5-1 of doom that guarantees a 0-0 draw in all the away games, that means three points there as well, to make a grand total of twelve, leaving us on 71 points. Now, will that secure CL? I'm 99.999 percent sure it would. So chill a bit, mate. Have a bit of faith.

Back