• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
With the squad available, I would hope Roy goes with:

-------------------Hart-----------------
Johnson--Jagielka--Lescott--Cole-
-----------Parker----Lampard-------
----Walcott----Rooney-----Young
-----------------Welbeck------------

Although I'm guessing Jagielka, Lampard, and Welbeck won't be in the first 11 but imo Lampard>>Gerrard in the deeper role, Welbeck>>>>>>>>Carroll, and Jagielka is the better option in defense since he has a partnership with Lescott.

GHod that is so depressing the team could be so much better.

It seems England are already trying to find the ready-made excuse to fail. They are probably going to say England failed because the fans were hostile. England are not going to get many friends in Ukraine and Poland with comments like this. This is the kind of mentality that had probably cost England the 2018 World Cup.

fudge FIFA and UEFA, the pair of c unts.
Like Campbell or not he is on the money; giving tournaments like this to countries which patently show little interest getting their social houses in order is a joke. With regards to those countries, it's not even as if a fair fight will sort things out, you'd be fighting the tossers in the stands and then getting battered behind closed doors by the tossers in uniforms. I think the program had very little to do with finding excuses, there are a lot of people who think it can't be any worse than a midweek away day at Middlesborough and it quite patently is!

The IOC ruled out Qatar as a candidate for the Olympics because it was too hot, too small and not safe.

People are overreacting dramaticly,as if everyone who goes to Ukraine/Poland will get thrashed by their hooligans.

The (proper,real firms) hooligans will fight other firms from other countries somewhere outside the cities unrelated to the football games.
The only "danger" lies from small time thugs and thieves who would attack anyone,regardless of their nationality.

Racism is an issue,and there probably will be verbal abuse,but that would happen anywhere in the world,including England.

Poland, Ukraine, Qatar, Russia...ridiculous choices

Well, football shouldn't mix with politics. I think marketing policy influenced FIFA's selection of hosts. I think they are right to give the WC host job to regions which have never hosted it : Russia 2018 and Middle East 2022. After letting America in 1994, Asia in 2002 and Africa in 2010 host WC, FIFA are just following the trend of new regions hosting it for first time at every other tournament. They will probably look at Australia and China next.

But UEFA's choice of hosts are more political than marketing : Poland-Ukraine being the first time it is being hosted by ex-Soviet bloc countries.

Whatever about Poland/Ukraine and Russia, nothing will ever convince me that Qatar is a correct choice. Wiki tells me the population is 1.8m. And they are going to put in 8 40k+ stadia? That is so wasteful it is actually sickening. And then you have the issue with heat, which suggests yet more waste and excess - aircon on the pitches? At the training grounds? fudge's sake, that is repulsive. And of course there's human rights, gay bashing (snigger-snigger, nudge-nudge Sepp) and bans on booze n' bikinis. No, it's all wrong. If they want to bring the WC to the Middle East, Egypt or a joint bid by several countries might be the way to do it. But Qatar alone is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Whatever about Poland/Ukraine and Russia, nothing will ever convince me that Qatar is a correct choice. Wiki tells me the population is 1.8m. And they are going to put in 8 40k+ stadia? That is so wasteful it is actually sickening. And then you have the issue with heat, which suggests yet more waste and excess - aircon on the pitches? At the training grounds? fudge's sake, that is repulsive. And of course there's human rights, gay bashing (snigger-snigger, nudge-nudge Sepp) and bans on booze n' bikinis. No, it's all wrong. If they want to bring the WC to the Middle East, Egypt or a joint bid by several countries might be the way to do it. But Qatar alone is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Totally agree. If a player dies while playing in the heat out there Blatter will have committed corporate manslaughter.

fudge FIFA and UEFA, the pair of c unts.
Like Campbell or not he is on the money; giving tournaments like this to countries which patently show little interest getting their social houses in order is a joke. With regards to those countries, it's not even as if a fair fight will sort things out, you'd be fighting the tossers in the stands and then getting battered behind closed doors by the tossers in uniforms. I think the program had very little to do with finding excuses, there are a lot of people who think it can't be any worse than a midweek away day at Middlesborough and it quite patently is!

I 100000000000000000% agree with Judas here. We should boycott the tournament. And if there is one fudging monkey chant at an England match I expect us to leave the field immediately and call UEFAs bluff.

People are overreacting dramaticly,as if everyone who goes to Ukraine/Poland will get thrashed by their hooligans.

The (proper,real firms) hooligans will fight other firms from other countries somewhere outside the cities unrelated to the football games.
The only "danger" lies from small time thugs and thieves who would attack anyone,regardless of their nationality.

Racism is an issue,and there probably will be verbal abuse,but that would happen anywhere in the world,including England.

Did you see the Panorama show? Either way get your head out of your arse. People will die I have zero doubt

I hope we have a load of gay footballers by 2020, let's see what Qatar say then eh? No booze either, no women? 50 degree heat? They'll look at a January tournament I'm sure. Farcical decision.

If you were coloured? Oh deary me

What, can I not say that then? If I have offended anyone then I apologise, it was not my intention. If I were black, brown, asian whatever I would not plan to go to Ukraine having watched Panorama. As for the comment that this would happen in the UK from Liquid, well sorry, it wouldn't, not any more. Watch the video links from the BBC, truly shocking and potentially lethal for some fans.

What, can I not say that then? If I have offended anyone then I apologise, it was not my intention. If I were black, brown, asian whatever I would not plan to go to Ukraine having watched Panorama. As for the comment that this would happen in the UK from Liquid, well sorry, it wouldn't, not any more. Watch the video links from the BBC, truly shocking and potentially lethal for some fans.

this is the link of the program, really fudged up stuff, I for one won't be surprised if it turns into a bloodbath. They don't even separate the 'supporters' in the stadium. Great choice UEFA, great choice.

[video=youtube;z93iQgI3_Iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93iQgI3_Iw[/video]

Did you see the Panorama show? Either way get your head out of your arse. People will die I have zero doubt

You saw a 30 minutes show,I live in a country which has similar problems with hooliganism.
I can only tell you again,the organised ultras will not be bashing jews,blacks or asians.They chant all that brick to break the spirits of the opposition players and fans and to look tough.
The opposing firms hate each other more than they do foreigners and it wouldnt surprise me if they fought each other before games.

Suarez,Terry?
I ve seen alot of the opposition fans chanting stuff about jews,hitler and using gas for tottenham fans,so yes,it would happen even in the UK

Suarez,Terry?
I ve seen alot of the opposition fans chanting stuff about jews,hitler and using gas for tottenham fans,so yes,it would happen even in the UK

I could be pedantic and say that there is still anti-semitism from the Chav fans, but overt racism is very rare in the UK now... you don't see bananas being thrown at black players anymore, as one did in the 70s. John Terry and Suares are fudging idiots, and they're players... not supporters. Absolutely agree that anti semitism is abhorent and still occurs occasionally, but out right racist bigotry is still a feature of Ukrainian 'support'.

Back