• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Watching those animals running down the stairway just to smash those Asians in the face last night was very, very upsetting.

I could be pedantic and say that there is still anti-semitism from the Chav fans, but overt racism is very rare in the UK now... you don't see bananas being thrown at black players anymore, as one did in the 70s. John Terry and Suares are fudging idiots, and they're players... not supporters. Absolutely agree that anti semitism is abhorent and still occurs occasionally, but out right racist bigotry is still a feature of Ukrainian 'support'.

IMO it's even worse if players do it... but that's another story completely now...

Fact is,almost everywhere in Europe there is still alot of racism and neo nazism.Funnily enough,I would say that Germany from all the "big" countries has the least problems with it.Spain,France,Italy and Holland have all serious hooligan problems and you could record similar incidents in each one of those countries.

IMO it's even worse if players do it... but that's another story completely now...

Fact is,almost everywhere in Europe there is still alot of racism and neo nazism.Funnily enough,I would say that Germany from all the "big" countries has the least problems with it.Spain,France,Italy and Holland have all serious hooligan problems and you could record similar incidents in each one of those countries.

Unfortunately racism does appear to be an issue in Europe, in my opinion more so than in the UK. However, the nature of the problem in the Ukraine 'appears' to be more substantial than elsewhere. That was the point raised by Panorama, and one that I personally find frightening, and not to be forgiven or countered by the argument that 'almost everywhere in Europe there is still a lot of racism and neo nazism'.

Unfortunately racism does appear to be an issue in Europe, in my opinion more so than in the UK. However, the nature of the problem in the Ukraine 'appears' to be more substantial than elsewhere. That was the point raised by Panorama, and one that I personally find frightening, and not to be forgiven or countered by the argument that 'almost everywhere in Europe there is still a lot of racism and neo nazism'.

That is media propaganda.Ukraine's hooligans are not nearly as vicious as some others in Europe.

I understand that people are frightened when they see such scenes,but if you really wanna see "hardcore"- just watch Brazilian firms and hooligans with their arsenal of guns and keep in mind the next WC is there.Now that brick,is really frightening.

You saw a 30 minutes show,I live in a country which has similar problems with hooliganism.
I can only tell you again,the organised ultras will not be bashing jews,blacks or asians.They chant all that brick to break the spirits of the opposition players and fans and to look tough.
The opposing firms hate each other more than they do foreigners and it wouldnt surprise me if they fought each other before games.

So you don't live in either country? Ok then. In the show they beat the crap out of some asian lads who'd mistakenly gone to the match. Like a pack of wolves.

When you think about it actually,it doesn't really look good for the traveling fans in the next 10 years.

2014 Brazil
2016 France
2018 Russia
2020 Not decided-Most likely Turkey
2022 Qatar

Out of those countries,France seems the safest,but even they have a huge problem with Muslims and blacks.All other destinations are as dangerous as they come.

That is media propaganda.Ukraine's hooligans are not nearly as vicious as some others in Europe.

I understand that people are frightened when they see such scenes,but if you really wanna see "hardcore"- just watch Brazilian firms and hooligans with their arsenal of guns and keep in mind the next WC is there.Now that brick,is really frightening.
I can't speak for Brasilian firms...however I was warned when I went to see Gremio play in Porto Alegre that on no account should I wear anything red or I risked being stabbed as they associated red with their bitter rivals Internacionale! I think we may have done the Ukraine hooligans to death... there is no right or wrong answer... perhaps I should move the panorama link to Leedspurs' biased BBC thread in random?;)

I can't speak for Brasilian firms...however I was warned when I went to see Gremio play in Porto Alegre that on no account should I wear anything red or I risked being stabbed as they associated red with their bitter rivals Internacionale! I think we may have done the Ukraine hooligans to death... there is no right or wrong answer... perhaps I should move the panorama link to Leedspurs' biased BBC thread in random?;)

Perhaps I m a little,lets say,underwhelmed,because I m used to hearing far worse stories unfortunately.
But,I m sure that there wont be any massacre or anything of the sorts in the Euro's,especially considering how much security there will be.

When you think about it actually,it doesn't really look good for the traveling fans in the next 10 years.

2014 Brazil
2016 France
2018 Russia
2020 Not decided-Most likely Turkey
2022 Qatar

Out of those countries,France seems the safest,but even they have a huge problem with Muslims and blacks.All other destinations are as dangerous as they come.

I take it you've never been to Turkey before

So you don't live in either country? Ok then. In the show they beat the crap out of some asian lads who'd mistakenly gone to the match. Like a pack of wolves.

Yes,a minority of 8-10 nobodies decided to "prove" themselves by beating a few Asians.Also,they didnt "stomp" them,they just hit them a couple of times.
What was far worse IMO was seeing thousands of fans beating 1 wigan fan almost to death just 2 weeks ago.

Perhaps I m a little,lets say,underwhelmed,because I m used to hearing far worse stories unfortunately.
But,I m sure that there wont be any massacre or anything of the sorts in the Euro's,especially considering how much security there will be.

Jesus, I was trying to gently back away from this as you obviously have far more knowledge than I do about international hooligans and 'firms'. I bow to your superior knowledge on this one... I'm sorry that my little anecdote about going to a football match in Brasil 'underwhelmed' you (have you been to a game in Brasil????) but even the thought of being stabbed for wearing red was shocking enough to me. Obviously to make waves in your world I would have to have been threatened with an Uzi and anal rape!

I hope there is no trouble at Euro 2012, and that it is all media hype and scaremongering... just watch the Panorama link above and tell me that those asain lads were just suffering from 'hype'!

Yes,a minority of 8-10 nobodies decided to "prove" themselves by beating a few Asians.Also,they didnt "stomp" them,they just hit them a couple of times.
What was far worse IMO was seeing thousands of fans beating 1 wigan fan almost to death just 2 weeks ago.

Lol. 8? Try 50. And they were smashing fudge out of them!! Turkey is mad as well. The issue with these countries is the old bill are worse than the fans!! If you complain you'll probably get a baton round the head!

Jesus, I was trying to gently back away from this as you obviously have far more knowledge than I do about international hooligans and 'firms'. I bow to your superior knowledge on this one... I'm sorry that my little anecdote about going to a football match in Brasil 'underwhelmed' you (have you been to a game in Brasil????) but even the thought of being stabbed for wearing red was shocking enough to me. Obviously to make waves in your world I would have to have been threatened with an Uzi and anal rape!

I hope there is no trouble at Euro 2012, and that it is all media hype and scaremongering... just watch the Panorama link above and tell me that those asain lads were just suffering from 'hype'!

Sorry,I meant I was underwhelmed by the Ukraine fans ;)
All they showed was a little group of kids beating on some asians which should have been smarter and stayed at home.
Being threatened from someone by just wearing the wrong color is of course mental,but that brick just happens unfortunately.

Once the Euro's start,there will be MUCH more security all around the cities and stadiums and there will be minimal chances of violence.Even Austria has a big hooligan problem and the last Euro was violence-free and everything went well.
The domestic league/cups is one thing,the Euro is something entirely different.

Sad that it's takes for England to be playing in said country for everyone to be all offended and outraged

Sad that it's takes for England to be playing in said country for everyone to be all offended and outraged

I don't think 'offended and outraged' sums up my point of view, I was simply saying if I were a black or Asian fan, I would think twice about going there.

Back