• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Career stats for 19yo England gk Jack Butland. Birmingham apps: 0. Cheltenham loan apps: 24. Has never played higher than League 2.

Won't matter to England,
but obviously sad for Ruddy himself.
Butland who comes in is very talented though,
could be useful experience for the future.

Won't matter to England,
but obviously sad for Ruddy himself.
Butland who comes in is very talented though,
could be useful experience for the future.

This is the guy I think we should be looking at. As stated before he could become our 'Joe Hart'.

If you're bothered, Talksport are running a predictor competition for the tournament.

Entry is free and there is an ipad 3 for the winner. I've just received an ipad 2 for winning their May PL competition and it's free, so I thought I'd mention it.\o/

http://predictor.talksport.co.uk/

‏@OliverKayTimes
Hodgson confirms Rob Green, Phil Jones, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Scott Parker and Andy Carroll as England starters v Norway tmrw

Cant see this new 311 formation taking off.

How many Spurs first-teamers have the Summer off?

For England, Parker and Defoe are on duty. But Parker mightn't make it and Defoe actually needs more football, not less. Modric will be there with Croatia, but might not be with us next year!

Others? Any South American jaunts for Sandro?

This is the guy I think we should be looking at. As stated before he could become our 'Joe Hart'.

Aye, I'd like us to strike Birmingham with a double bid for Butland and Redmond.
With Hughton in charge there, poor economy and the possibility of Spurs loanees - surely there's a deal to be made

at least it'll wipe the smile off the smug git brooking's face when his choice is an unmitigated disaster in the summer.

you knew he was a ludicrous choice when bernstein felt the need to real out woy's extremely mediocre CV at the press conference. do you really think they'd have done that if they given the job to arry ?

Not sure how it is mediocre? Or any less mediocre than Redknapp? He started off at Halmstad in Sweden and actually had to work his way up. Redknapp is in a similar mould. Arguably they should have got the big breaks sooner. Or in the case of Hodgson, more often. Liverpool was probably his 2nd big shot after a decent couple of years at Inter but everyone can now see what a shambles he'd inherited there. He needed time and they gave him about 6 months!

Charlie has just scored for Croatia in their Euro 2012 warmup friendly against Estonia

Kranjcar and Modric not in the starting 11

he's done nothing at all at the top level in england. has he actually ever managed a team to a top 6 finish ? possibly once at blackburn before helping to get them relegated the following year.

he's an organiser of mediocre teams that's all. suppose you could say he's a perfect fit for england then. i know arry isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's in front of hodgson all day long surely. west ham, portsmouth and us have all had their best spells in years under his management.

The croatian line up seems to be their second choice players + Corluka.
Wonder if it's because he's not a given starter anymore, or because they didn't have anyone else for the rb pos.

I originally thought Roy was a terrible appointment, but on reflection it was closer between him and Harry than I'd first thought.

I think a massive part of the appointment was Capello's catastrophic performance in South Africa (and in the build-up for that matter). I think that freaked the crap out of the FA and they gave extra weight to that in assessing Roy and Harry. That might have been the difference at the end of the day - if Roy had simply managed an unqualified Switzerland, he might not have nudged ahead of Harry. But he's been to the big show, and that probably swung it.

Back