• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

Just a recap. Kane aside.

We've cut lloris £100k a week.
Dier £100k
Ndombele £200k.
Perisic £170k.

Replaced with
Vicario £75k
Vdv £50k
Gray £75k
Odobert ? (Probably £50k).

I'd say we inproved.

I thought this is what fans wanted?

Decisions by millimetres not to count anymore, give the fans more goals they can celebrate, whether they are valid or not.

Personally I think it's a nonsense and the game will be worse for it, have laws, implement them, defer to VAR.

I'm confused by "defer to VAR" I've always thought defer meant postpone or put off till later, you're not suggesting decisions should be made after the game are you? or are you suggesting we keep the current take as long as you like to make a decision of millimetres or subjective nature we currently have.

Most would argue it's exactly the opposite. They have half the income we have, and higher wages. It'll be fun when the new PSR rules hit them!
I do chuckle when people think that PSR is actually going to be properly implemented. Zero chance of that for the really wealthy clubs with endless cash to spend on lawyers. The game is run by money now.

I'm confused by "defer to VAR" I've always thought defer meant postpone or put off till later, you're not suggesting decisions should be made after the game are you? or are you suggesting we keep the current take as long as you like to make a decision of millimetres or subjective nature we currently have.

That's one meaning. The other is to submit to or aknowledge the merit of.

I do chuckle when people think that PSR is actually going to be properly implemented. Zero chance of that for the really wealthy clubs with endless cash to spend on lawyers. The game is run by money now.

How much money has city and chelsea cost the likes of spurs, utd, liverpool and arsenal? A cl place is worth what £100m in winnings, tv, matchday and sponsorhip? Per year. How much is winning the league worth?

The prem can afford good lawyers. They're not paupers asking for legal aid.

That's one meaning. The other is to submit to or aknowledge the merit of.

Ok thanks I suppose Baleforce means that, I think VAR is like every other wonderful new product, we are told it's going to resolve all those problems we have and just brings more problems. Can't speak for other countries but it's a nightmare here, probably because our referees and their organisation are not fit for purpose.

Ok thanks I suppose Baleforce means that, I think VAR is like every other wonderful new product, we are told it's going to resolve all those problems we have and just brings more problems. Can't speak for other countries but it's a nightmare here, probably because our referees and their organisation are not fit for purpose.

I don't like it.

Cash’s was a clear penalty to me. Yeah he got a slight touch on the ball…then immediately fouled the player.

I thought this is what fans wanted?

Decisions by millimetres not to count anymore, give the fans more goals they can celebrate, whether they are valid or not.

Personally I think it's a nonsense and the game will be worse for it, have laws, implement them, defer to VAR.
If you ask me, you either have VAR or you don't. Personally I want the authority given back to refs. What's the point of Having VAR and then not correcting mistakes?

Back