• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

If you ask me, you either have VAR or you don't. Personally I want the authority given back to refs. What's the point of Having VAR and then not correcting mistakes?

I agree, I’d go down the full VAR route, just have someone with an ear piece and a whistle on the pitch.

Toney out of Brentford's squad. Maybe I'm being unfair here to the lad...

I would have preferred him over Solanke as a player. But his attitude seems to stink a bit - would imagine that as a manager/club, that has to be a big factor in recruitment. Something perhaps not appreciated by a lot of fans.

Toney out of Brentford's squad. Maybe I'm being unfair here to the lad...

I would have preferred him over Solanke as a player. But his attitude seems to stink a bit - would imagine that as a manager/club, that has to be a big factor in recruitment. Something perhaps not appreciated by a lot of fans.
Surely it might be because he’s on the verge of a move and they don’t want him getting injured?

Surely it might be because he’s on the verge of a move and they don’t want him getting injured?
Ah fair enough. I’ll get off my soap box a bit then.

That said, going to Saudi at this point of his career does suggest his primary motivation may not be maximising his talent to achieve the most he can in the game. He’s hardly alone in that though.

Ah fair enough. I’ll get off my soap box a bit then.

That said, going to Saudi at this point of his career does suggest his primary motivation may not be maximising his talent to achieve the most he can in the game. He’s hardly alone in that though.

It doesn't look like any top clubs are that keen on him. He could go for the money now or wait one season and see if anyone might be more willing if they don't have to pay a big transfer fee.

Manure still look like utter crap. A banter team that flukes 1-0 wins regularly. Fulham play well, but are toothless up front. When Adam Traore is your biggest threat, you're in trouble. The guy can't hit a pass or hit the target on purpose if his life depended on it!
thanks, much appreciated! Listening and reading match reports, I hope they continue to struggle to score as well

Toney is likely in his strongest ever position earning wise, I'd be very surprised to see him move to Saudi.

It makes sense that we looked elsewhere due to his age and relatively small performance window, but I thought someone like Arsenal would have have look at him.

Toney is likely in his strongest ever position earning wise, I'd be very surprised to see him move to Saudi.

It makes sense that we looked elsewhere due to his age and relatively small performance window, but I thought someone like Arsenal would have have look at him.

Arsenal buys younger than that and mostly players that can cover several positions. Not sure Arteta even wants a traditional striker. Even United are cutting back their spending and went for someone younger that can complement Højlund.

If he wants a step up in the PL I can't see any other option than West Ham. They spent big on an old striker, but went abroad. Maybe Everton, but they're broke.

I don't like it.

Virtually every goal scored I felt we had to wait to see if it would stand before celebrating, slowed the game down too much and still didn't convince everyone it was the right or fair decision.

Its the biggest load of gonads brought into football, especially when you at a match and have to stand around while some macarons sat in a box still fudge it up.

Arsenal buys younger than that and mostly players that can cover several positions. Not sure Arteta even wants a traditional striker. Even United are cutting back their spending and went for someone younger that can complement Højlund.

If he wants a step up in the PL I can't see any other option than West Ham. They spent big on an old striker, but went abroad. Maybe Everton, but they're broke.
They do.
I think Toney could be the difference between them winning the title or falling short again, hope they don't go against policy and sign him or any other striker for that matter.

Back