• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
The picture is indeed photoshopped, but not the FM bit. The photoshopped bit is the list of fixtures on the wall behind Harry. We all know that Harry just plays it by ear, tells them to run around a bit and probably doesn't know from week to week who we're playing. Fixture list on the wall, indeed!

He can't read them anyway :)

Actually I think that whole I can barely read, I'm crap with money thing is a load of tosh. He can play Mario carts can't he?

He is a legend up here for a lot more than his tenure as manager of this great football club.

He is respected as an ambassador of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he grew up supporting Saudi Sportswashing Machine and making regular visits to St. James' Park with his father, he then went on to play for England and also to manage his country and some top European sides.

Add to that his charity work before he sadly passed away. He set up the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, which is making a difference to lives throughout the country in terms of cancer care and research, to date his foundation has raised over ?ú4M and has resulted in the Freeman Hospital having the best available apparatus for treating cancer. This wouldn't have been the case without the funding from the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

A few comments about the statue being outside our ground, but don't forget that St. James' Park is in the city centre here.

He also has a memorial garden in the city and a bust in the players entrance at SJP. The statue is recognition of the man and for what he stood for and achieved throughout his life as a native of the North East, not just a recognition of his 5 years as manager of Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

http://www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk/

I understand where you are coming from, and i dont disagree with it. But going by that criteria its possible that lots of clubs could put up Statues. What i was getting at when I asked your opinion was what you as a fan felt about it. Forget the things he did for charity for a moment, and that he was possibly a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan etc. Do you not think that statues outside a stadium are usually reserved for someone that has made an integral difference to your club, not the city. With that in mind do you still think it makes sense to have a Bobby Robson statue outside the Sports Direct Arena?

Im trying to think of it from my point of view also. The only example i can give is if I imagined that Glenn Hoddle did not play for us. So im forgetting that section, he does a lot of work for charities and managed us for a few seasons, was a spurs fan etc. If that was what he was recognised for in regard to Tottenham i would not think a statue at our stadium would be warranted.

On a side note, its a terrible statue and looks hardly anything like him.

Former Spurs player Nick Barmby has been sacked as manager at Hull according to the Beep

Thought he was an alright job there

Another goal Robbo was at fault for. Nice bloke, but he's been a terrible keeper for about 6 seasons now. He only seems to save shots if they blasted directly at him.

Feel for Robinson. fudge knows what happened to him, whether it was something in his personal life (I remember his girlfriend or wife or whatever broke up with him when he was at Spurs and his form dipped dramatically), but his 05/06 season was unbelievable, easily the best in the league that year, 38 goals conceded all year too, something we'll probably not do for a while.

Feel for Robinson. fudge knows what happened to him, whether it was something in his personal life (I remember his girlfriend or wife or whatever broke up with him when he was at Spurs and his form dipped dramatically), but his 05/06 season was unbelievable, easily the best in the league that year, 38 goals conceded all year too, something we'll probably not do for a while.

See I think he cost us a lot of goals that season too. I accept that we had a good defensive record, but he dropped some real clangers in a number of games.

dunno if it's putting too much emphasis on one incident but he seemed to fall apart after the media hounded him out for that Neville own goal where it bobbled over his foot - at that point he had one of Englands best records for a goal keeper and was solid if not spectacular for us

Last edited:
See I think he cost us a lot of goals that season too. I accept that we had a good defensive record, but he dropped some real clangers in a number of games.

One sticks out in my memory, the game against Arsenal at White Hart Lane. King had put us infront with a bullet and late on they crossed it in, Robinson flapped at it and it fell to Pires to finish

One sticks out in my memory, the game against Arsenal at White Hart Lane. King had put us infront with a bullet and late on they crossed it in, Robinson flapped at it and it fell to Pires to finish

Similar one at Old Trafford too. Even West Ham's first goal in the last game of the season was typical Robbo, far too slow at getting down to a shot from outside the area.

Also the amount of times he conceded goals when he didn't even dive used to tinkle me off.

Similar one at Old Trafford too. Even West Ham's first goal in the last game of the season was typical Robbo, far too slow at getting down to a shot from outside the area.

Also the amount of times he conceded goals when he didn't even dive used to tinkle me off.

Didn't we have 3 penalty shouts turned down in that game? ridiculous!

English football at lower levels

I went to watch my mates cup final last night. He plays for a Sunday league team in my area. The game was a typical game you'd see on a Saturday/Sunday league, blood and guts football, two teams wanting to get the ball forward as quickly as possible, defenders bypasing the midfield and looking for the long ball down the channel or through the middle 8 times out of 10. The teams actually played some decent stuff when they got it down on the floor. But you don't get much time on the ball so the long ball is an easy option.

My question is, will football at this level and other levels of English football change to more of a passing game?

There was also a massive punch up in the last minute of normal time, 3 players were sent off including one substitute who ran onto the pitch and tried to take anyone from the opposition in the vicinity out with a flying two footed lunge!

very odd that chelsea made 6 changes last week and 8 tonight. 3rd would have been in their own hands if they'd beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Souness, LFC best club to play at all to do with how good the fans are, really hahaha !!!

Rubbish fans these days

Souness, LFC best club to play at all to do with how good the fans are, really hahaha !!!

Rubbish fans these days

I properly hate scousers.

Thread on rawk about beng course over bing English and hat have England ever one for Liverpool

What? Apart from massive tax subsidies? ****s

Back