• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17854840

Not sure how many of you saw this yesterday. But I was a bit amazed at it really. Now first off, don't get me wrong. I really liked Bobby Robson and thing he deserves to have a statue. But should it really be in Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

He never played for them and only manged them for 5 years with no honors and yet he is a Geordie legend apparently. Surely this statue should have been done in Ipswich? it just comes back to what is a legend and why these accolades are awarded.

I would be interested to see what Greg has to say about this. If we hand out statues for everyone that attains this level of success at a club then we would be building them all over soon.

He is a legend up here for a lot more than his tenure as manager of this great football club.

He is respected as an ambassador of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he grew up supporting Saudi Sportswashing Machine and making regular visits to St. James' Park with his father, he then went on to play for England and also to manage his country and some top European sides.

Add to that his charity work before he sadly passed away. He set up the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, which is making a difference to lives throughout the country in terms of cancer care and research, to date his foundation has raised over ?ú4M and has resulted in the Freeman Hospital having the best available apparatus for treating cancer. This wouldn't have been the case without the funding from the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

A few comments about the statue being outside our ground, but don't forget that St. James' Park is in the city centre here.

He also has a memorial garden in the city and a bust in the players entrance at SJP. The statue is recognition of the man and for what he stood for and achieved throughout his life as a native of the North East, not just a recognition of his 5 years as manager of Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

http://www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk/

Blackburn fans are not happy

Out of interest, does anybody on here remember a time at the Lane, when Spurs fans were as vociferous about a Spurs manager / owner

DkpoB.jpg

Jeez, shows how much is wrong with that club.

I hope we never find ourselves in their position!

Wigan playing too straight a bat here, I think. Ought to be drawing Blackburn out then switching the tempo and hitting them on the break.

Oh my GHod - I only just got the chicken thing

venkys = chicken

fudge. It didnt occur to me till now.

Back