• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Brilliant match, Juventus pretty much won the league now ad could do so unbeaten, unbelievable achievement.

Henry's spin/volley wins it for me. The way the ball dips like that and the technique he used not to hit it out of the stadium was incredible.

Obviously Danny Rose would've won had it been nominated though...

Be interesting to see how Juve do in the CL next year.

Could see serie a make a comeback in next 5 yrs, they are re-doing their stadiums and sorting out the tv deal so its collective.

Hope it comes back, grew up watching football italia back in the day. They had so much quality back then.

Be interesting to see how Juve do in the CL next year.

Could see serie a make a comeback in next 5 yrs, they are re-doing their stadiums and sorting out the tv deal so its collective.

Hope it comes back, grew up watching football italia back in the day. They had so much quality back then.

Think the home grown rule will make the english and italian leagues a lot more interesting, i use to like watching italian football on channel 4 when they had the slaphead commentating on it. Does a show now on my local region, odd because he is the best guy i ever seen talk on football and all he has is a crappy regional show.

fudging come on West Brom, last home game for Roy, hope they can find the motivation to batter Arsenal next week.

If we are to somehow snatch a top 4 place next week it is more likely to be off Arsenal than you lot. We just have to go to Everton and hope you either draw or lose (unlikely) or Arsenal lose away at West Brom, that will not be an easy game for them.

O/T Bobby Robson Statue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-17854840

Not sure how many of you saw this yesterday. But I was a bit amazed at it really. Now first off, don't get me wrong. I really liked Bobby Robson and thing he deserves to have a statue. But should it really be in Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

He never played for them and only manged them for 5 years with no honors and yet he is a Geordie legend apparently. Surely this statue should have been done in Ipswich? it just comes back to what is a legend and why these accolades are awarded.

I would be interested to see what Greg has to say about this. If we hand out statues for everyone that attains this level of success at a club then we would be building them all over soon.

I agree with OP. Not that Robson wasn't a lovely man, but my GHod there is a hell of a lot of rewriting of history that goes on about him.

During his time with England he was almost as heavily ridiculed as Taylor subsequently was, and was only saved by what was, in my opinion, a very lucky run at Italia 90 (their performance against Germany was by a mile their best of that tournament but that doesn't erase the significant breaks they got before that). And yeah, his time at Toon was passable, but hardly the stuff of legends.

I suppose Saudi Sportswashing Machine could argue they are respecting a city hero, but that would seem to me reason to have a statue in the city centre somewhere, not specifically at the football ground.

Back