• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
What a result this is for us. I knew it was in our hands and they wouldnt win both their last two games but i expected them to struggle at Wba, not today.

Nothing is done of course, we have to play away a Aston Villa side thats brick but who are due a win and have things to prove.

Im more concerned about Villa away than Fulham at home to be fair, even if they've just beaten Liverpool at Anfield.

Same here.

It will be tough tomorrow. Villa really only need a point, and I think thats how they will play. It could be a very similar game to Sunderland away.
Hopefully this time we can find a way through

Mine will be tomorrow. I was hoarse by full-time Weds night, right at the back tomorrow in the Upper Stand, the players wont hear me, but I'll be giving it some

upper CC...and I'll make sure they hear me!!!!!!! Looking forward to it tomm immensely...I know a few people who decided not to go a few weeks ago...bet they're delighted now LOL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rooney's Goal

Personally, I think Bergkamp's was the better goal.. Not trying to take anything from Rooney, but the skill and awareness in that goal from the dutchman was classss. Although it was for the goons,, LOL

Regarding the discussion on what places gives CL and who enters group stage/qualification and more, all you really need is this site: http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/

The title-holder always qualifies directly for the group stage of the Champions League. If the title holder already qualified for European football the total number of teams of that association does not change. The maximum number of teams of one association in the group stage of the Champions League is four. If more teams qualify the last-placed team for the Champions League of that association has to take part in the Europa League.

If the title holder already qualified for the group stage of the Champions League, the champion of the 13th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the group stage, the champion of the 16th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 3rd qualifying round, and the champions of the 48th and 49th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 2nd qualifying round. Similar changes (with priority to champions) are made if the cup holder already qualified for one of the qualification rounds.

We shouldnt forget Saudi Sportswashing Machine but can they get 4 points against City and Everton away? I doubt it.

People have been doubting Saudi Sportswashing Machine for an awfully long time and yet here they are, with 2 games to go and top 4 in their hands!

Let's just do our jobs. 2 games. 2 wins. We're third, barring the most unlikely scoring run by Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I haven't really seen him a lot this season.

Personally when I want to rate a keeper the great saves mean nothing, it's the mistakes that matter. I want a keeper like Brad who can play a full season and not cost us a goal. You could maybe point to the Swansea game where he cost us, but thats the only one I can think of.

qpr?

Thanks for that. I honestly thought that if Chelsea won the CL, the team in 3rd would have to place in the 4th qualifying round 2-legged play-off.
Still, doesnt change my mind about wanting Bayern to win the CL. However unlikely it is, I want Spurs to be the next English team to win it and nobody else, let alone Chelsea

Ditto. Absolutely no way am I going to support the Chavs in Champions League final. I hope they get humiliated by Bayern and Abramovich realises that he's not destined to pick up the trophy with them so throws his toys out the pram and decides to stop bankrolling Chavski who then plummet back into mediocrity where they belong [-o<

Clarifying the Champion's League places

Uefa always reserve a place for the winners in the Groups. When the winners qualifying anyway they take this place out. The next team in the Champion's section get this place ie Belgium.

Here's the full run down from wikipedia

The following changes to the default allocation system above will be made depending on the result of the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final:

If Bayern Munich win, or if Chelsea win and finish top three in league
The champion of association 13 (Belgium) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the group stage.
The champion of association 16 (Switzerland) are promoted from the second qualifying round to the third qualifying round.
The champions of associations 48 (Malta) and 49 (Northern Ireland) are promoted from the first qualifying round to the second qualifying round.

If Chelsea win and finish fourth in league
The third-placed team of association 6 (Portugal) and the runners-up of association 7 (Russia) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the play-off round.

If Chelsea win and finish outside top four in league
Because of the restriction that no association can have more than four teams playing in the Champions League, the fourth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League, which would have entered in the 2012–13 Champions League play-off round, will be moved to the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League. In this case, the allocation system for the Champions League will be changed in the same way as above.
Cheers for the comprehensive explanation.

Last edited:
upper CC...and I'll make sure they hear me!!!!!!! Looking forward to it tomm immensely...I know a few people who decided not to go a few weeks ago...bet they're delighted now LOL!!!!!!!!!

You lower down than we are. Upper SS. I assume thats the roof? :lol:

LOVE Holty...

I play twice a week. I "think" I look like VdV, or Berba in his prime, but the truth is, I am Grant Holt's fatter brother...but like Holty, I still mug off the youngsters around me repeatedly with a deft move here and a swift finish there...gave Ledders his toughest game in years. The man is a ledge IMHO...

Back