• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Stamford Bridge has been the graveyard for many at the time in form or highly rated striker signed for big money

off the top of my head and going back a few years.....

Robert Fleck, Chris Sutton, Hernan Crespo, Andrei Shevchenko, Mateja Kezman, Adrian Mutu, Fernando Torres

gordon durie as well

Robbie Keane scored three goals in four games for Villa. I think they scored about 5 more goals the rest of the season.
Points gained during his loan period kept them up.

Spot on. As a temporary measure for a few weeks, I can think of a lot worse options.

Villa were absolutely hopeless for the latter part of last season. The draw we had against them was a fudging cstasprpohe(sp?)

Getting back on topic, I'm afraid on current form, the chances of us attracting a big name, marquee signing in ANY position now is slim.

We may have to go back to older, experienced players again, or hope da yoof come through quick and salvage something.

Seriously, from the linked names in the summer, who of those would still come now?

Getting back on topic, I'm afraid on current form, the chances of us attracting a big name, marquee signing in ANY position now is slim.

We may have to go back to older, experienced players again, or hope da yoof come through quick and salvage something.

Seriously, from the linked names in the summer, who of those would still come now?

You're right. Jonas Olsson wouldn't even come to us!

Totally. Llorente, Hiuntelaar,Strootman No chance i'm afraid. And forget Moutinho too I suppose. Still dont why we didnt just carry on with the signing on Sept 1st. COuldnt we have just completed the signing after the deadline so that he became our player on Jan 1st??

Totally. Llorente, Hiuntelaar,Strootman No chance i'm afraid. And forget Moutinho too I suppose. Still dont why we didnt just carry on with the signing on Sept 1st. COuldnt we have just completed the signing after the deadline so that he became our player on Jan 1st??

Cos we were never seriously in for him just levy trying make it look like he was willing to spend money yet time and time again he's proven he isn't.

Cos we were never seriously in for him just levy trying make it look like he was willing to spend money yet time and time again he's proven he isn't.

Tbf, I think Levy did try fpr Moutinho, but Porto and thord party issues made things too complicated; as far as I remember too many people moved too many goalposts. He's a central midfield, very important yes, but not quite worth playing silly buggers for (at the supposed price).

Getting a striker may be more important now, and somehow I think this will be more likely...[-o< (#blindhope..)

Who are the relatively cheap Moutinho-like options for CM out there?
I.e. someone who is comfortable on the ball, in tight spaces, can dictate play, slow things down, and can get stuck in?

;)

Oh, and would Danny Simpson be a good upgrade on Kyle Walker?
In fact, would Kyle Naughton, be a good upgrade on Kyle Walker?8-[

I think the likes of Moutinho and Willian would still join us, we won't pay what it takes to sign them though so I guess it's a little irrelevant.

Who are the relatively cheap Moutinho-like options for CM out there?
I.e. someone who is comfortable on the ball, in tight spaces, can dictate play, slow things down, and can get stuck in?

;)

il say it again....Benat at Real Betis. around 15 mill and he could be ours. Was saying it all summer, and recently when this subject came up.

[video=youtube;FF_bqmggbz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_bqmggbz0[/video]

We were never going to attract any big name players anyway but we can still find really good players from other leagues that are not household names but can still offer us something superior to what we have now.

We were never going to attract any big name players anyway but we can still find really good players from other leagues that are not household names but can still offer us something superior to what we have now.

This may have to be the way to go; in fact this will test the quality of AVB and his staff's coaching and tactical skills much more than throwing cash at the problem...getting a decent righty-back that can make a pass to our right-winger should have to cost the earth....

I think the likes of Moutinho and Willian would still join us, we won't pay what it takes to sign them though so I guess it's a little irrelevant.

2 of Isco, Willian or Moutinho is the difference between us and chelski, heck even one of them would make a huuuge difference.

If we were better at keeping posession, the defence wouldn't be exposed as often as it has been at times during the season.

We need another striker and a pacey winger to cover for Lennon/Bale as well, but not as urgent as creativity in midfield/attacking midfield.

But I guess you're right, Levy wont pay the premium that guaranteed quality costs. I believe the money is there, but Levy wont blow it all on one or two players.

Back