• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Marca reported that the player said he is not keen on moving to the EPL.

Even if he was, Begiristain would bring him to City and the price is upwards of £30m now.

His release clause is £17m, although Malaga are now apparently trying to negotiate a new contract so they can increase the amount of the clause.

Think that train along with Moutinho has passed sadly. I'd imagine we'd need 30 million and I think the player's got sights set on other possibilities now.

He travelled for an away game rather than wait for the outcome of our bid on deadline day. Interesting article from HR in The Sun on Saturday where he said that if the chairman does not really want a player the deal always falls through.

He travelled for an away game rather than wait for the outcome of our bid on deadline day. Interesting article from HR in The Sun on Saturday where he said that if the chairman does not really want a player the deal always falls through.

I know, imagine that. A footballer under contract, actually playing for his club in an away game!

If he wanted to play for us the deal would not fall through.

He's not the only party that matters in these decisions, though. There's Spurs, Porto, his agent, his current manager's view on the transfer, his prospective manager's view on the transfer and the respective chairmen as well. Everything needs to be in agreement for these kinds of deals to go through, and the risk of alienating your current employers while relying on that agreement between all parties is a big one to take.

A lot will depend on Carroll's development over the coming couple of months, I feel. If he proves to be an adequate replacement for a potentially injured Dembele, then we'll see him being put on the bench in lieu of Huddlestone. In that case, selling Hudd might prove to be the key to spending a considerable amount on an Isco or Moutinho, unlikely as both may be. Hudd + Daws (both of whom were close to being sold/loaned in August, if the news is to be believed) would fetch us a lot of money, and wouldn't overly weaken us. If the money's re-invested, of course, which is always a difficult thing to predict with certainty.

Alternately Hudd could prove to be a beastly deep-lying playmaker the likes of which we haven't seen since Glenn Hoddle, so....there goes that theory. :)

Will people please please please get it into their thick skulls we were never seriously in for moutinho! Just like our apparent £35million bids for aguero I actually pity people who think levy is willing to pay mega bucks for players he's proved he isn't willing to like most windows we'll only spend what we bring in.

Marca reported that the player said he is not keen on moving to the EPL.

Even if he was, Begiristain would bring him to City and the price is upwards of £30m now.

That's as good as a SUN exclusive then.

Also - why would he go to City and sit bench?

Or does Begiristain have exclusive first offer of refusal on every single Spanish player to leave the country? If anything - he'd be bringing the latest La Masia graduates - predictably so

Last edited:

River Plate star and reported Spurs target Leonardo Ponzio aware of interest

By Andres Garavaglia. Last Updated: November 12, 2012 12:29pm

The 30-year-old Argentina international midfielder has been in impressive form for River since returning to the club earlier this year from Real Zaragoza.

Ponzio has split the last nine years of his career between River and Zaragoza, spending two three-year stints in Spain with another two-year period back at the Estadio Monumental sandwiched in between.

Spurs are believed to have watched Ponzio in the derby clash with Boca in which he scored the equaliser in the 2-2 clash.

"I knew that some people came to watch me in the match against Boca and I think in another game too," said Ponzio.

"Nobody spoke with me about a possible transfer or real interest. Anyway, regarding my future, I am very comfortable where I am and I feel respect. I would like to take advantage of this moment."

Asked specifically about a possible move to England with Tottenham, he said: "What comes for my career from now on will be analysed. At my age I have to analyse everything with my family.

"It's not a year yet since I came back from Spain. Therefore, if an offer arrives, River and me will have to analyse it.

"I am at a good personal moment and I have to keep on going on in that way. I would like to have the chance to play for the national team again, so I have to keep on doing well at River."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...purs-target-Leonardo-Ponzio-aware-of-interest

will people please please please get it into their thick skulls we were never seriously in for moutinho! Just like our apparent £35million bids for aguero i actually pity people who think levy is willing to pay mega bucks for players he's proved he isn't willing to like most windows we'll only spend what we bring in.

itk?

8-[

:-"
Will people please please please get it into their thick skulls we were never seriously in for moutinho! Just like our apparent £35million bids for aguero I actually pity people who think levy is willing to pay mega bucks for players he's proved he isn't willing to like most windows we'll only spend what we bring in.

Yeah righto and the birds go tweet. Who to believe you on the one hand or both clubs and the player on the other? Tis indeed a tricky conundrum...

Last edited:
Don't know who Ponzio is but I can't see our main target being a 30 year old who's never played in the premier league as our answer to the midfield problem.

If Parker is still out I'd definitely be up for getting an experienced head in for a 6 month contract or on loan to stabilize things a bit in January if the right player is there but I think handing out 4 year contracts to unproven old players will always lead to problems down the line.

Agree with you that we wont ever pay mega-bucks for anyone....until the new stadium is built. We're still raising finance for it so are never going to spend massive whilst we're speaking to lenders. Similarly, construction projects always have the potential to escalate in price so levy will keep a firm watch on spending until the stadium is finished (or nearlyfinished)

:-"

Yeah righto and the birds go tweet. Who to believe you on the one hand or both clubs and the player on the other? Tis indeed a tricky conundrum...

I'm not for one minute saying negotiations didn't happen just saying levy had no real intent at all. I'm sure you'll say no proof etc but guarantee come 1st September 2014 we still won't of bought a massive player for 20whatever million pounds we've been balancing books for the last 4 years and that's obviously how it's going to continue. If we were genuinely in for moutinho we wouldn't of bid for him on last day would have bid at least a week before.

Back