• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

The lure of CL football will be a key factor., but dont see why we cant put the 'feelers' out now instead of waiting until january. Surley we can do pre-window agreements.
Strike early

I really think we have been holding out for him or Leandro until January because Bilbao will have to sell in the new year or lose for nothing which gives us an edge compared to dealing with them in July of this year.

Leandro is more gettable in January and probably not as expensive because it is between seasons in brazil at that point and less of a wrench compared to letting him go mid season.

I think if we can get either of those for a similar price to what we have paid for Dembele/Modric then we have done well and got ourselves a competitive deal for a good player, whichever one it might be.

I would love us to get Moutinho but I can't see us reviving it tbh. Willian would be a cracking addition imo.

So for me, one of the forwards and possibly Willian in January means we have a real chance of challenging strongly for 3rd to my mind.

I really don't hope the Christian Eriksen link is true. He's got good technique and pace, but like Sigurdsson he tends to fade away in games, so you sometimes don't notice he's on the pitch. He's played as the number 10 in the traditional Ajax formation, but doesn't score enough goals considering he actually has a good shot on him with both feed.

Since his break through he has failed to deliver good performances on a regular basis. 20M would be madness, when you could get a player like Willian or Isco.

If Spurs were to buy a Dane from Ajax, I would definately recommend looking more in the direction of Viktor Fischer. In a few years, I'm quite convinced he will have outshone Eriksen in both Ajax as well as for the national team

Eriksen did a very good impression of Jonathan Blondel at the Euros - he looked completely out of his depth at that level.

I also think we need more of a #8 ballplayer than a #10, especially as we move towards 4-3-3.

I'd rather we looked at strikers 23 and under, Ade is good for the next few years, there's no need to be looking for strikers of a similar age to Ade and Defoe unless we can get them cheap.

Agree. Ade and Llorente are too similar and there's not much between them quality wise.

A younger understudy for Ade would make much more sense - someone like Leandro but a bit off the radar.

Agree. Ade and Llorente are too similar and there's not much between them quality wise.

A younger understudy for Ade would make much more sense - someone like Leandro but a bit off the radar.

i think Llorente is a more reliable finisher than Ade

anyone with an in depth knowledge of this chap

Henrik Mkhitaryan

i know he plays for Shakhtar Donetsk, and is Armenian, and scored a very decent goal for Armenia last night against Italy

anyone with an in depth knowledge of this chap

Henrik Mkhitaryan

i know he plays for Shakhtar Donetsk, and is Armenian, and scored a very decent goal for Armenia last night against Italy
I posted about him a couple pages back. Haven't really seen him, just noticed his stats this season. Scored something like 14 in 12 games for Shakhtar and two in the CL. Absolutely flying.

Tbh I think this thread is a bit pointless at the moment.

Seeing as we've sacked all our scouts, I don't think we'll have any real strategy/targets until our new DoF is installed (aside from Andre still wanting Moutinho and the Fryers arrangement).

ITK is fun. There is a substantial number of people who not only don't like fun but also don't like others having fun. The internet Taliban.

Tbh I think this thread is a bit pointless at the moment.

Seeing as we've sacked all our scouts, I don't think we'll have any real strategy/targets until our new DoF is installed (aside from Andre still wanting Moutinho and the Fryers arrangement).

Link?

Not that it would stop us going after anyone or magically destroy any previous lists of players.

Don't think it was ever reported as a news item in itself, but our two most senior scouts - Ian Broomfield and Peter Senior were paid off a few weeks ago.

It's mentioned as a side point in the second para here: http://footylatest.com/tottenham-ho...r-daniel-levy-for-future-transfer-deals/32686

That doesn't mean we don't have any scouts or aren't actively looking at players. Most stories are just agent bs or rehashed agent bs anyway, but that's why it's a rumour thread.

So again CFC linked with Falcao in Jan, £50m plus, so what made up sponsorship deal will satan at the bridge come up with to pay for this one ??

His power company sponsoring the toilet rolls at the training ground for £200m a season maybe

Llorente plans his next start to the Premier League

City, Tottenham and Arsenal, options

Although his brother Chus has removed all the stops to find the best deals on the leading clubs in Europe, Fernando Llorente has virtually decided your fate will be the Premier. Except unlikely twist, which is not provided by the Athletic renewal, the international stop in England. Your choices are three: Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham and Arsenal.

As this newspaper revealed months ago, the City is the most interested. His brother met with an emissary of the English club in a Rioja winery the next day that Fernando should mark the goal against Sporting de Portugal to put Athletic in the European final. The promise of two decisions entail City sports, going out of their direct competitors for the position, Dzeko and Balotelli. So he would have moved. Llorente also has the backing of David Silva. They believe that would make a great tandem with Aguero.

However, at the last minute he has left a young tough competitor, Stevan Jovetic, totaling at Fiorentina and five goals in eight games. There are discrepancies in the English club's board.

Tottenham has always been the most insistent, but Llorente not just excite. And now, after I said that did not interest Wenger, Arsenal appears. Giroud not yield expected and no money to sign in January.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/llorente-planifica-proxima-marcha-premier/20121014dasdaiftb_13/Tes

So Llorente is not excited by Spurs.

Were one of the most exciting teams in the premiership. what a taco.

That's from Google translate - could be anything really

Unless someone here speaks Spanish and reads the actual link.

Back