• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

I hope Harry soon gets a job at a PL club and if Hughes gets fired, I think he'll do well for QPR, but he is hardly going to take Gomes, Jenas or Bentley off our books. Maybe he would be interested in Parker, Huddlestone or Dawson, but are they really considered deadwood?

I think Parker Hudd and Dawson would be considered squad players that would be allowed to leave at the right price if given time to find replacements or if there was promise in an academy player.

Maybe that's unfair on Parker as he hasn't been fit so hasn't had the chance to prove himself just yet, we'll see what happens with him.

I think Parker Hudd and Dawson would be considered squad players that would be allowed to leave at the right price if given time to find replacements or if there was promise in an academy player.

Maybe that's unfair on Parker as he hasn't been fit so hasn't had the chance to prove himself just yet, we'll see what happens with him.

All those three are excellent players along with all the other players we have sold this year. I have never known a time at the club when I can honestly say that there is nobody here that is not good enough.
However I will be pleased if we can get JJ and Bentley a permanent transfer and I will not cry many tears if Parker goes, too.
IMO Hudd will not be transferred but a loan deal is short odds.

Tottenham Boss Andre Villas-Boas To Embark On £55m January Spending Spree

Portuguese to be rewarded for good form with massive January kitty.

Andre Villas-Boas is set to rewarded for his excellent start to life at Tottenham with a massive transfer kitty to strengthen his squad in January, reports the London Evening Standard.

The Portuguese has guided Spurs to four straight league wins, including a stunning 3-2 victory against Man United, Spurs first win at Old Trafford since 1989, and Tottenham are unbeaten since the opening day of the season.

It is understood that Villas-Boas’ top-target, Joao Moutinho, may be out of reach but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is still ready to land Shakhtar winger Willian, Christian Eriksen, the coveted Ajax playmaker, and Adam Maher of AZ Alkmaar.

Levy personally flew to Donetsk in August in a bid to land Brazilian star Willian but returned to North London empty handed, after the Ukrainians refused to lower their £25m asking price.

The 24-year-old has made it clear he wants to leave the Donbass Arena, where he has spent the past five years, and join Spurs and Levy is now expected to cough up in January. Villas-Boas believes the speedy winger can provide competition for Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale but Chelsea are also interested in Willian, annoyingly because Willian remains on the Blues radar after Villas-Boas tried to sign him when he was in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Danish midfielder Eriksen, 20, is one of the most coveted young midfielders in Europe and could be a cheaper alternative to Villas-Boas’ top target Moutinho, who will not leave Porto mid-season.

The young Dane is still likely to cost in excess of £20m and has said in the past that he will only leave the Dutch giants to join Barcelona, which could mean Spurs have a job persuading him to move to White Hart Lane in January.

The Moroccan-born midfielder is amongst the most highly-rated youngsters in Europe and has already broken into the full Netherlands squad, despite being just 19.

A move to one of Europe’s top clubs beckons and Spurs have a decent record of giving youth a chance, with might persuaded Maher to swap Alkmaar for North London. He would cost in the region of £10m, however.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/10/09/tottenham-boss-andre-villas-boas-to-embark-on-55m-january-spending-spree/

According to Wiki his contract expired in June and I vaguely remember at the time Willian saying he was not gonna sign a new one, so a bit baffled as to £25 mill asking price and as to how long his contract is. Always dodgy dealings in eastern europe so who knows what will happen?

Daily Star?

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger remains confident of agreeing a new deal with Walcott, but Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists they will not break the bank to secure the England international's future.

"We have got our general overall wage structure and we are not prepared to break it for anybody," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star. "We have made an offer which he didn't think was acceptable and that is the end of it. We think it is a very reasonable offer.

"For the moment his people are still talking to us and we hope it will be resolved. But don't ask me when, because I haven't a clue.

"I hope that he will eventually come round and sign. It will be a pity if he does not, but the whole issue of pay for footballers has got totally out of hand and they don't get terribly well advised a lot of the time."

Who wants him?

I really don't hope the Christian Eriksen link is true. He's got good technique and pace, but like Sigurdsson he tends to fade away in games, so you sometimes don't notice he's on the pitch. He's played as the number 10 in the traditional Ajax formation, but doesn't score enough goals considering he actually has a good shot on him with both feed.

Since his break through he has failed to deliver good performances on a regular basis. 20M would be madness, when you could get a player like Willian or Isco.

If Spurs were to buy a Dane from Ajax, I would definately recommend looking more in the direction of Viktor Fischer. In a few years, I'm quite convinced he will have outshone Eriksen in both Ajax as well as for the national team

I think Eriksen would be a strange purchase after getting Siggy, Dempsey and even Dembele. Would be silly throwing that much money at a position we've got covered although he's a graceful motherfudger of a player and I'd enjoy watching him in the premier league if he is as good as what I've seen...

I really don't hope the Christian Eriksen link is true. He's got good technique and pace, but like Sigurdsson he tends to fade away in games, so you sometimes don't notice he's on the pitch. He's played as the number 10 in the traditional Ajax formation, but doesn't score enough goals considering he actually has a good shot on him with both feed.

Since his break through he has failed to deliver good performances on a regular basis. 20M would be madness, when you could get a player like Willian or Isco.

If Spurs were to buy a Dane from Ajax, I would definately recommend looking more in the direction of Viktor Fischer. In a few years, I'm quite convinced he will have outshone Eriksen in both Ajax as well as for the national team

What type of player is Fischer? Someone else also said him over Eriksen some months back.

From what I've seen of Isco, he should really be on top of our list. Brilliant technique and vision, quick feet and a good shot. Was really hoping for him in the summer, shame we went for Dempsey in the end, who in my opinion is too similar to Gylfi when he plays in the hole. Good cover in many positions though.

Last edited:
What type of player is Fischer? Someone else also said him over Eriksen some months back.

I think you can compare him a bit to Dempsey position wise as he can cover either flank and even play as the front man, but I think he's best suited behind a striker. He's a technically skilled player, with decent pace, but his strongest ability is probably his finishing. I haven't seen a player that young with such a composed finish.

Really doubt Ajax will sell anytime soon as I only think his price will rise, when he gets regular game time for Ajax.

[-o<

Llorente walks out of training

October 1, 2012

By Dermot Corrigan, Spain Correspondent

The relationship between Fernando Llorente and Marcelo Bielsa at Athletic Bilbao deteriorated further on Monday morning after a row which saw the out of favour centre-forward leave training early.

Llorente, who was a late substitute as Los Leones fell to a disappointing 2-0 defeat at Basque rivals Real Sociedad on Saturday, was training with the reserves and youths Monday morning at Bilbao’s Lezama facility.

In an incident filmed by Basque TV station EITB, Bielsa halted a practice game to criticise what he had seen. After an exchange of views, Llorente walked off the pitch alone, and the session finished without him. The Spanish international later left the training ground without speaking to reporters.

Llorente, who has less than a year remaining on his current contract, was linked last summer with a move to Juventus but the Serie A champions did not match his €36 million release clause. Although the player said last month he was looking forward to playing for Athletic this season, he pointedly refused to commit his longer term future to the club.

Amid this unsettling situation Bielsa has used the powerful centre-forward sparingly so far this campaign, with six substitute appearances across La Liga and the Europa League bringing one goal.

Athletic have started poorly and currently sit 17th in the Primera Division table, with just one victory from their first six games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...alks-out-of-training-after-bielsa-row?cc=3888

Much as I would love to have Llorente at WHL, the strong rumour is that if he goes anywhere, it will be to one of the scums. Lets not get our hopes up.

Much as I would love to have Llorente at WHL, the strong rumour is that if he goes anywhere, it will be to one of the scums. Lets not get our hopes up.

The lure of CL football will be a key factor., but dont see why we cant put the 'feelers' out now instead of waiting until january. Surley we can do pre-window agreements.
Strike early

The lure of CL football will be a key factor., but dont see why we cant put the 'feelers' out now instead of waiting until january. Surley we can do pre-window agreements.
Strike early

But that's the prob with Jan window.. we can't strike early.. remember Hazard pretty much admitted we were front runners last Jan but he wanted to wait a see if we made CL then after Chelsea got CL place he chose them. I think the same would go for someone like Llorente..

(unless we are top by 10 points in Jan obviously!)

I'd rather we looked at strikers 23 and under, Ade is good for the next few years, there's no need to be looking for strikers of a similar age to Ade and Defoe unless we can get them cheap.

one thing is for sure, some team is going to get a top striker for a ridiculously low fee in Jan, or even better for free next summer

the situation has got red scum written all over it

If Llorente is available cheap'ish, and we stand a chance to get him, then it's a no brainer for me. He's 27 and has 4 good years in him at least. Ade and Defoe are good options but I'd argue that Llorente is a class above both and would be 'an immense enhancement' to our ranks.

If Llorente is available cheap'ish, and we stand a chance to get him, then it's a no brainer for me. He's 27 and has 4 good years in him at least. Ade and Defoe are good options but I'd argue that Llorente is a class above both and would be 'an immense enhancement' to our ranks.

This

Llorente has both Ade's and Defoe's qualities

Back