• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

There is not a chance we would have had the same squad had we finished 3rd - you can have as many swipes as Levy as you wish, the point remains

He is the chairman, he runs the club how he wants. If he doesnt want to spend a penny more than is in the transfer fund made up of profits and player sales, then thats his choice. Its not swipe at him, its just i see the reality. You choose to ignore the reality and think he will magic up big money for the likes of Llorente just because we had qualified for the CL.

The club is not ready for those types of deals. We have to wait for the new stadium. Whats so hard to understand

He is the chairman, he runs the club how he wants. If he doesnt want to spend a penny more than is in the transfer fund made up of profits and player sales, then thats his choice. Its not swipe at him, its just i see the reality. You choose to ignore the reality and think he will magic up big money for the likes of Llorente just because we had qualified for the CL.

The club is not ready for those types of deals. We have to wait for the new stadium. Whats so hard to understand

Sorry but that is simply not true

Llorente would cost less than Moutinho - both in terms of fee and wages. How exactly are we not ready for him when Moutinho was virtually done with minutes to go.

It's not about magic-ing up some big money - more to do with the type of players we could attract

We were the second highest spenders this summer after Chelsea btw

Llorente would cost less than Moutinho - both in terms of fee and wages. How exactly are we not ready for him when Moutinho was virtually done with minutes to go.

It's not about magic-ing up some big money - more to do with the type of players we could attract

second highest spenders but look at the total value of the players we sold !! Holy moly

yes Moutinho was virtually done with minutes to go, just like Aguero was on the brink of signing for 38 mill a few Jans ago

Come back to me this coming Jan when Moutinho should sign if were were sooooooo close to doing the deal a few weeks ago. If he signs, then you can tell me im wrong

To be fair does anyone actually know why Moutinho deal stalled? I know there was talk of it being due to third party interest, but who's to say wasn't partly due to personal terms?

Anyway, I think we are happy to pay the big fees for the right players ie the £30m bracket but those type of wages command wages well in excess of 100k p/w and that's where it's a vicious circle for us, maybe until we have the new stadium and increased income.....

To be fair does anyone actually know why Moutinho deal stalled? I know there was talk of it being due to third party interest, but who's to say wasn't partly due to personal terms?

Anyway, I think we are happy to pay the big fees for the right players ie the £30m bracket but those type of wages command wages well in excess of 100k p/w and that's where it's a vicious circle for us, maybe until we have the new stadium and increased income.....

Have a look at my response to Milo few pages back - has a link. That is one of the reports/explanations.

Sorry - but these two scenarios are incomparable - Aguero was merely an enquiry. Like Tevez' one!

like i said, going by what you say i fully expect Moutinho to be a Spurs player during the first week of Jan when the window re-opens and then i will gladly eat some humble pie

Net spend is a far better measure than total spend. That and total contract value. We are miles away from most of the teams we are competing with for a top four place in these respects.

Moutinho stalled because we moved late trying to make it happen DL-style, Porto obviously realized they were going to get 50 million brickers or whatever out of the Russians for Hulk, and thus a combination of "agents-with-history" (remember Zahavi has had deep links with Chelski and we don't exactly get on with them ala Arnesen and Modric to name two) plus Porto ended up with 'mistakes in the paperwork at the death'. I blame Daniel. I think he's been BRILLIANT for this club, I really do, but no-one's beyond criticism and on this deal, he finally got his arse handed to him as for me, Moutinho would nail on top 4, possibly third. He would be the difference, and I say this despite thinking that we're already going to be fighting for top 4 anyway (something I'm happy to be called up on in May incidentally)...

Bournemouth have revealed former England goalkeeper David James is training with the club.

rumour going around that we want to sign Ter Stegen and install him as our keeper in the Barclays Under 21 League

Partizan Belgrade insist that they are not looking to sell midfield prospect Nikola Ninkovic.

The 17-year-old has already broken into the first-team with Partizan and is now attracting attention from across Europe.

Tottenham and Lazio are said to be heading the chase for the highly-rated youngster and Partizan's director of sport Ljubisa Tumbakovic concedes there is interest.

"Any club which wants Nikola deserves our respect, but our point of view is very clear," Tumbakovic told Sportski Zurnal.

"We want to build our team on young players so we want to inform everyone that Ninkovic is not for sale at the moment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8113747/Partizan-want-to-keep-Ninkovic

I agree with you Arc. With third place we would have had BIG CL bucks and players would have been joining the third best team in the UK with a reputation for playing great football.

We have attracted many top players in the past without CL (Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale etc).

With CL money (and a reduction of some of the fringe players bloating our wage spend), we could have attracted top players - maybe not the Hulks, Hazards(despite what he now says) or Oscars but surely others in the higher bracket - Moutinho, Cazorla, Giroud, Llorente etc. We could even have blown all of it on one or two players rather than the six we brought in Ade, Dempsey, Sig, Dembele, Verts, Lloris. I have high hopes for some of these but do we really need four goalkeepers at this stage of our development?

I agree with those that say we had it in our own hands last season and we blew it.

I agree with you Arc. With third place we would have had BIG CL bucks and players would have been joining the third best team in the UK with a reputation for playing great football.

We have attracted many top players in the past without CL (Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Bale etc).

With CL money (and a reduction of some of the fringe players bloating our wage spend), we could have attracted top players - maybe not the Hulks, Hazards(despite what he now says) or Oscars but surely others in the higher bracket - Moutinho, Cazorla, Giroud, Llorente etc. We could even have blown all of it on one or two players rather than the six we brought in Ade, Dempsey, Sig, Dembele, Verts, Lloris. I have high hopes for some of these but do we really need four goalkeepers at this stage of our development?

I agree with those that say we had it in our own hands last season and we blew it.

None of those were considered if at all to be top class until after playing for us. VDV is probably the biggest signing we've made in terms of reputation at time of signing. We make a habit of signing players with the potential to become top players, hence why Modric/Berbatov etc are signed for around £15m then sold on for £30m+ like the top players fees command.....

None of those were considered if at all to be top class until after playing for us. VDV is probably the biggest signing we've made in terms of reputation at time of signing. We make a habit of signing players with the potential to become top players, hence why Modric/Berbatov etc are signed for around £15m then sold on for £30m+ like the top players fees command.....

At the time, £15m plus was top dollar for a player.

Back