• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

article-2208323-153291B4000005DC-910_636x474.jpg

A League backlines are currently quivering with fear

That's not in line with the reports which came out afterewards - depending on what you choose to believe anyway

- We agreed his fee earlier in the day

- Spent the remaining hours (!) finalising personal terms. He asked for more, give-take, etc

- Player eventually agreed to our terms at which point Porto changed their tune and asked for more money (transfer fee) - now that the player's terms have also increased

- We ran out of time / money / patience

I read a couple of reports that corroborated what I said but I do not have either of them to hand. I will try to find them and post links later.

I know that you have seen them too because you had trouble understanding why the clubs could have have trouble drafting, correcting and agreeing the contract within the timescales.

I had no trouble understanding whatsoever - simply pointed out the assumptions you had made to substantiate your point (if I had made the above comment you would have pulled me for talking to posters in a patronising manner). It is also interesting to point out how you appear to give some 'links' more credit than others - depending on which one supports your argument in general (remember those average wage figures from way back that you discredited as 'inaccurate' for a reason still unknown)

Have a look at this

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...ustration-over-thwarted-moutinho-transfer-bid

To all those saying - let's break our wage structure for a marquee signing

From Reuters:

"I'm not against foreign players but there must be a balance in the team," Russia captain Denisov told the Sport-Express daily.

"Yes, the club has bought good players but do you think they are so much better than us that they should make three times as much?"

Local media said midfielder Denisov was making 3m euros a year and was asking for a 2m euro raise.

"Zenit already have great players who have won as many titles as the new guys. I would understand if we got (Lionel) Messi or (fellow Barcelona player Andres) Iniesta. They would deserve any price," he added.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Wow, there must be some serious disharmony in that squad with such quotes coming out. Indeed it is a bit of a warning we should heed. However, as the guy says, Zenit have recently won titles with their players. We desperately need an injection of a world-class player to boost us up there, since we simply cannot compete with our (very good but not amazing) squad. I think an investment which will bring us titles will be welcomed by our current players.

Chelsea star Eden Hazard admits he was tempted by move to Tottenham
Last Updated: September 25, 2012 2:17pm

Eden Hazard: Has revealed he was tempted by Spurs last season
Sky Bet

Chelsea's Next Match
Chelsea 1/4
Draw 5/1
Wolves 9/1
Premier League Winner 12/13
£10 Free Bet
Chelsea new-boy Eden Hazard has revealed he could have been playing for Tottenham rather than their London rivals had they qualified for this season's UEFA Champions League.

The 21-year-old Belgium forward moved to Stamford Bridge from Lille this summer, but might have ended up in North rather than West London in different circumstances.

"It's true that Tottenham tempted me because it was a young team which was third in the league," Hazard told France Football.

"Unfortunately, the end of the season did not go well. They did not reach the Champions League,which tipped the balance."

Chelsea won the Champions League last season, which ultimately cost Spurs their place, but Hazard did not enjoy the manner in which they did it.

"Nobody was really a fan of Chelsea's game last season," he said.

"The directors told me they were going to recruit good players with whom I could play decent football. Marko Marin, Oscar and me, we like to have the ball at our feet. Juan Mata likes the ball, so does Ramires.

"The title of European champions, and Champions League qualification, counted for a lot because the club was not doing well in the league. Once Chelsea won the final, it was a natural choice."

Settled

Hazard says he is not surprised by how well he has settled into life in the Premier League after an impressive start with the Blues.
He added: "No I'm not surprised. I know what I'm capable of.

"Maybe I didn't think it would happen so quickly.

"But even outside of my performances, I feel good in the game and in the group. This is the most important.

"It's so far, so good. I just hope it will continue like this, with us continuing to win and me performing."

The Belgian admits one aspect of his move to England he is finding tough is mastering the language.

He said: "I'll not lie: I have sent some tweets in English, but with the help of a translator!

"More seriously, I'd like to speak English, but I've never been good at languages, even at school. It is difficult but it will come."

When informed that former Arsenal star Robert Pires reportedly never learned English, he added: "Really? If I can have the same career as him here without speaking English, I'll sign up immediately."

Hazard was never ever going to be a Spurs player

1/ we wouldnt have paid the 32 mill to Lille for Hazard

2/ we couldnt afford his near 150k a week salary

I had no trouble understanding whatsoever - simply pointed out the assumptions you had made to substantiate your point (if I had made the above comment you would have pulled me for talking to posters in a patronising manner). It is also interesting to point out how you appear to give some 'links' more credit than others - depending on which one supports your argument in general (remember those average wage figures from way back that you discredited as 'inaccurate' for a reason still unknown)

Have a look at this

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...ustration-over-thwarted-moutinho-transfer-bid

Sorry if my post was patronising, that was not my intention.

Here is one of the stories that I was referring to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-out-on-Portos-Joao-Moutinho-by-minutes.html

Of course some sources are more accurate than others, you spent half of the summer supporting this up by dismissing sources in the Transfer Rumours Thread. Happy to discuss the merits of the sources that we have each quoted.

The wages discussion is not really something to reignite in the thread, I went to quite some lengths to show and explain why the figures you linked to were inaccurate including posting links to the clubs accounts and annual reports and the Deloitte audit of Premier League wages that supported my argument.

Chelsea fudged us, do we have to keep reading about it, money is everything blah blah.

Totally agree, last season hurt and id rather we could just get on with things.

It's a sneaky, nasty article that's probably been concocted by an advisor at Chelski. Most probably king tosser Terry himself. Designed to wind us up, so best left I think.

It's not like it was only us and Chelsea that were in for Hazard. City were also interested and surely he would have gone there for the Champions League AND the massive salary.

Really? So you discredit or ignore the whole bit about Spurs FAILING TO QUALIFY FOR THE FECKING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, WHILE CHELSEA PIPPED OUR SPOT?

Really? So you discredit or ignore the whole bit about Spurs FAILING TO QUALIFY FOR THE FECKING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, WHILE CHELSEA PIPPED OUR SPOT?

We gave it away. I knew Hazard would come to us if we were in the CL, and he would have. I was, and am, gutted.

Jermaine Jenas edges closer to Nottingham Forest return

FORMER Nottingham Forest star Jermaine Jenas could yet return to the City Ground on loan, after the Reds revived their interest in the midfielder.

The ex-England man could even be involved in the squad that faces fierce rivals Derby County on Sunday if the deal is successfully completed.

A basic financial package has been agreed with Premier League Spurs for an initial four-week loan switch, but there are a few details still to be ironed out – the most significant being the fact that several other clubs are also pursuing his signature.

Championship rivals Leeds are thought to be among those keen on signing Jenas, who was once regarded as one of the brightest prospects of his generation.

But, according to sources close to him, Forest are in the driving seat, as the player himself is particularly keen on a return to the club where he cut his teeth as a youngster, after coming through the youth set-up under Paul Hart.

Talks had been held over a loan move back in the summer, but they fell through with Reds boss Sean O'Driscoll then not convinced of the need for another midfielder – and with Premier League Sunderland also showing an interest.

But a move now could suit all parties, as it would give Jenas the chance to prove he is fully fit once more, after missing most of last season through injury.

Jenas, 29, was named in the 25-man Premier League squad at White Hart Lane last month.

But he remains a peripheral figure at Spurs, where he has made only a single, solitary sub appearance this season, against West Brom in August.

He last started a match for Spurs in April 2011, before suffering a frustrating string of fitness problems.

A loan spell at Aston Villa was cut short last season, after the unlucky Clifton-born player badly injured his Achilles.

But Jenas could yet revive his career at the place where it first began.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/story-16987800-detail/story.html

Sorry if my post was patronising, that was not my intention.

Here is one of the stories that I was referring to

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-out-on-Portos-Joao-Moutinho-by-minutes.html

Of course some sources are more accurate than others, you spent half of the summer supporting this up by dismissing sources in the Transfer Rumours Thread. Happy to discuss the merits of the sources that we have each quoted.

Actually - my post intended to demonstrate an 'alternative' scenario to what (might have) happened - which is why I qualified it with 'depending on what you choose to believe anyway'.

Something clearly went wrong - besides the obvious question of 'why wait so fudging late to begin with?' - perhaps it was agents that shafted us in the end or the club themselves. My only consolation from all pain this remains the fact we were prepared to back up our new manager with a massive (relative to our context) signing and appear to have come mighty close. I can only hope future transfer windows would demonstrate similar 'intention'.

Last edited:
We gave it away. I knew Hazard would come to us if we were in the CL, and he would have. I was, and am, gutted.

are you trying to tell me Levy would have paid Lyon 32 mill and given the player over 150k a week?? CL or not, we never had a chance of signing him and to say otherwise is simply ludicrous

A loan until January for Jenas at Forest would make so much sense. Go back, regain your fitness and prove yourself because there's fudge all chance of you playing here.

Back