• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

A loan until January for Jenas at Forest would make so much sense. Go back, regain your fitness and prove yourself because there's fudge all chance of you playing here.

Better still - wave the loan fee in exchange for first refusal on Jamaal Lascelles next summer.

Chelsea fudged us, do we have to keep reading about it, money is everything blah blah.

We threw it away. Its our fault. We had 3rd place in our hands and capitulated for the last 3 months of the season. Without that, there's a reasonable chance that Modric might still be here and based on what Hazard says, we would have him as well. Instead we got Sigurdsson

We threw it away. Its our fault. We had 3rd place in our hands and capitulated for the last 3 months of the season. Without that, there's a reasonable chance that Modric might still be here and based on what Hazard says, we would have him as well. Instead we got Sigurdsson

Imagine all the other top class we would have been able to atract besides that

You're dreaming IMHO. Modric would've fudged off anyway and Hazard would have gone to one of the other clubs he talked up, probably Emirates Marketing Project. And you just know we'd have fudged around and left it until transfer deadline day and got pipped anyway.

So Modric would have turned down Real Madrid on the basis we qualified for CL?!

Imagine all the other top class we would have been able to atract besides that

We have the same problem every year though and Redknapp has referred to it whilst in charge. Whether we qualify for CL or not, its about the wages we offer and we don't offer enough for the top top players. Redknapp suggested we should have signed top class players regardless of whether we got in CL or not if our wage structure was different....

Redknapp suggested we should have signed top class players regardless of whether we got in CL or not if our wage structure was different....

He suggested many things - I wouldn't take everything for a gospel

And if the reports are to be believed - we came mighty close to signing Moutinho with our measly EL offerings so perhaps his explanation/excuse is not so true after all and may be (just may be) the manager can make a massive difference when it comes to pulling players

He suggested many things - I wouldn't take everything for a gospel

And if the reports are to be believed - we came mighty close to signing Moutinho with our measly EL offerings so perhaps his explanation/excuse is not so true after all and may be (just may be) the manager can make a massive difference when it comes to pulling players

Of course you shouldn't take everything Redknapp says as gospel but its pretty obvious anyway. We don't pay top wages, and the top players command that and if we did pay such wages we could sign some of the players in that top bracket regardless of what competition we are in. Yes we came close to signing Moutinho, but that was mainly to do with his close bond to AVB.

Try it this way, who do you think we would/could've signed had we got 3rd place? Everyone was expecting world class signings last time we qualified for the CL and that didn't happen, again because we don't pay the wages necessary for such players.....

Of course you shouldn't take everything Redknapp says as gospel but its pretty obvious anyway. We don't pay top wages, and the top players command that and if we did pay such wages we could sign some of the players in that top bracket regardless of what competition we are in. Yes we came close to signing Moutinho, but that was mainly to do with his close bond to AVB.

Try it this way, who do you think we would/could've signed had we got 3rd place? Everyone was expecting world class signings last time we qualified for the CL and that didn't happen, again because we don't pay the wages necessary for such players.....

Moutinho demonstrated we could (almost) sign top players within our wage structure (or players outside MotD in general) - so Redknapp argument is already cracking up at that point. In short - we are prepared to invest large in the right players.

If we got 3rd place I think we stood a semi-realistic chance for Hazard, Nani (almost went to Russia) or Mandzukic and above realistic chance for Llorente, Perreira, M'Villa and ben Arfa

Moutinho demonstrated we could (almost) sign top players within our wage structure (or players outside MotD in general) - so Redknapp argument is already cracking up at that point. In short - we are prepared to invest large in the right players.

If we got 3rd place I think we stood a semi-realistic chance for Hazard, Nani (almost went to Russia) or Mandzukic and above realistic chance for Llorente, Perreira, M'Villa and ben Arfa

Redknapp was talking about in general - you can find exceptions to the rule for anything. Moutinho aside where we have the massive advantage of having his mentor as manager I'm not convinced we would have got anyone top 3 or not. Of those you named most of those to me aren't the world class players that really make others sit up and take notice that I'm talking about although are very talented players. Hazard was using us for the big boys (yes I'm aware he said he might of gone to us if we'd got CL but that's very easy to say now), Nani would have gone to Russia purely for the money - something we can't offer, Llorente possibly although if we could afford his wages we could potentially of got him anyway.

My point being, I don't believe our squad would look that different, if any from what it does now if we'd qualified for the CL......

My point being, I don't believe our squad would look that different, if any from what it does now if we'd qualified for the CL......

And this is were I fundamentally disagree with you for reasons explained further up. I'm not talking about world class player - but top player who would improve just about any side in the world.

Do you think we would have had VdV 2 years ago if it wasn't for the CL?

(as for Llorente - Bilbao's average wage is roughly half of ours, iirc)

you are dreaming, dont believe the hype :) Hazard, no chance despite what he says. Nani wouldnt have taken a pay cut to join us (almost went to Russia because clubs there are throwing around silly money) Mandzukic would never have turned down Bayern Munich, Llorente yeah ok :lol:, Ben Arfa will cost mental money when he moves (Mike Ashley =Carroll for 35 mill) Perreira and M Villa were possibilities but Spurs didnt pursue them (our loss imo)

Remember, Daniel Levy is our chairman. When we got CL last time round we didnt invest in the squad like we should have. Nothing would have changed this summer had we qualified. Nothing!! Sell to buy policy and it wont change until the stadium is built and income increases.

And this is were I fundamentally disagree with you for reasons explained further up. I'm not talking about world class player - but top player who would improve just about any side in the world.

VDV just joined Hamburg. Where are they??

your point about a top player who would improve any side. It would entirely depend on that player accepting our wage structure, his club accepting Levy's negotiating skills, and finally there being virtually no competition for the player's signature. If these 3 variables come together, then its possible to sign a Lloris or a VDV. But its very very very rare for the planets to align perfectly and for those 3 variables to be in our favour

I do think there's a chance we would still of got VDV yes, CL helped but he wasn't in Madrid's plans and above anything else just wanted to play.....

you are dreaming, dont believe the hype :) Hazard, no chance despite what he says. Nani wouldnt have taken a pay cut to join us (almost went to Russia because clubs there are throwing around silly money) Mandzukic would never have turned down Bayern Munich, Llorente yeah ok :lol:, Ben Arfa will cost mental money when he moves (Mike Ashley =Carroll for 35 mill) Perreira and M Villa were possibilities but Spurs didnt pursue them (our loss imo)

Remember, Daniel Levy is our chairman. When we got CL last time round we didnt invest in the squad like we should have. Nothing would have changed this summer had we qualified. Nothing!! Sell to buy policy and it wont change until the stadium is built and income increases.

Pretty much my point, although I don't want to use it as an opportunity to criticise Levy as I think he's done great with how the club is run.....

There is not a chance we would have had the same squad had we finished 3rd - you can have as many swipes as Levy as you wish, the point remains

I just don't see it mate, we have invested in younger players with potential as we always have done. I don't see what would have changed had we got 3rd. But Levy has done a fantastic job and long may it continue.....

Back