• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

Wouldn't be surprised if Martinez is out for the season now.

And Varane went off at HT.

Looking at the respective fixtures in the run-in. IF, and thats a big if, we can finish strongly, we have a much better chance of finishing above the Mancs than the Geordies. We are more likley to beat MU at home than NU away in the 6-pointers.
MU starting to pick up injuries, as their heavy schedule starts to kick-in, whereas NU seem to be excempt from player injuries currently

Looking at the respective fixtures in the run-in. IF, and thats a big if, we can finish strongly, we have a much better chance of finishing above the Mancs than the Geordies. We are more likley to beat MU at home than NU away in the 6-pointers.
MU starting to pick up injuries, as their heavy schedule starts to kick-in, whereas NU seem to be excempt from player injuries currently
Plus they are rotating Isak and Wilson nicely.

Agree. Although I would rather Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't make CL. CL will give them a massive boost, whereas it won't really matter for ManU.

Agree. Although I would rather Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't make CL. CL will give them a massive boost, whereas it won't really matter for ManU.
Plus you will never hear the last of it
Having done things the right way the media will be all over the people’s champions

Looking at the remaining 7 fixtures I can see us finishing 8th now, but knowing how typically Spur-sy things happen, no doubt we will finally win a game at Anfield and it will mean that we finish in 7th and end up up in the Conference League and Liverpool 8th we no Euro distractions next season

Looking at the remaining 7 fixtures I can see us finishing 8th now, but knowing how typically Spur-sy things happen, no doubt we will finally win a game at Anfield and it will mean that we finish in 7th and end up up in the Conference League and Liverpool 8th we no Euro distractions next season
If we get conference league we can play a second string team (give vital minutes to players). That couldn’t backfire on us, could it?

I know it could because it did.

I'd take 8th tbh. No euro football for a season. Just 1 game a week to focus on (once we are knocked out of the cups). Sounds like the perfect setup for a Conte title tint. [emoji28][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We have been playing one match a week for a while and we have still been utter gash. The issue does not depend on where we finish but rather who our manager is,or will be next season.

Last edited:
We have been playing one match a week for a while and we have still been utter gash. The issue does not depend on where we finish but rather who our manager is,or will be next season.
It also heavily depends on our recruitment this summer….. worth pointing out that missing Europa (not Conference league) will probably put a reasonable dent in available funds for transfer fees at least (as I think we try to operate a wage bill that is easily sustainable without European football).

It also heavily depends on our recruitment this summer….. worth pointing out that missing Europa (not Conference league) will probably put a reasonable dent in available funds for transfer fees at least (as I think we try to operate a wage bill that is easily sustainable without European football).

Looking like 8th place for us this season which is no european football at all!

The club only has themselves to blame for only once spending decent money on a centre back since Poch left.

It is laughable!

Looking like 8th place for us this season which is no european football at all!

The club only has themselves to blame for only once spending decent money on a centre back since Poch left.

It is laughable!
I don't disagree, but our defense hasn't been this bad in a while. You have to go back to 14/15 to find a season where we shipped in so many goals. Even the season we finished 7th we weren't as bad defensively.

Everyone is clamoring for a CB, but at the start of the season I don't think anyone thought CB was our highest priority, given how well we performed at the tail end of the previous season. Of course now it is, but that's more in hindsight.

Back