• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think that Ramsey is leagues ahead of Wheelchair. With everyone fit, I don't think that Wheelchair starts for them, Ramsey would be one of the first names on the team sheet.

This, and I think they would've come close to the league last season without his injury.

Yup, last season Ramsey was the favourite for the PFA Player of the Season for some time. Or, if not the favourite, certainly right up there with Suarez. His injury put paid to that but his form over the season was incredible. He was involved in so many of Arsenal's goals and scored a lot himself.

I think that last season we saw Ramsey reach that higher level. He is now in the top 5 Premiership midfielders in terms of the displays that he is churning out for his team.

I think that Ramsey's progress over the last few seasons should be a lesson for us all about writing off young players. Few people had a good word to say about him when he first joined Arsenal and most thought that he was finished when he got injured.

I think Ramsay is good, but is being overrated slightly because he had reached such a low in the season before last (game in point the NLD in March when we won 2-1 through quickfire goals from Bale and Lennon).

In the last season, apart from at home vs Liverpool, I don't think Ramsay has scored a goal against last season's top 8, or had a great impact in those games. Atm, he is the typical Gooner flat-track-bully that guarantees them top 4 status, but doesn't seem that good yet t effect the games they play against the really big teams.

I think that Ramsey's progress over the last few seasons should be a lesson for us all about writing off young players. Few people had a good word to say about him when he first joined Arsenal and most thought that he was finished when he got injured.

Agreed. And he was fairly widely regarded as one of the easiest improved upon players in the Arsenal line-up for quite a while.

------------

Don't know if it's just early season nerves, but I actually worry about Arsenal being really ****ing good this season... :(

Utter cretins, are they flying on Twunt Airlines ??

1408366539017_wps_2_LUTON_ENGLAND_AUGUST_18_L.jpg

Sucks, don't it.
well he didnt get a last minute winner in a london derby at the weekend, and keep a clean sheet at the same time ;) cant be that good can he.................nah, Chambers looks the dogs bollox, seems like a nice young chap too, too nice to be at that hole of a club, but there you go. Ive think weve done well with Dier though, hopefully both go onto have many england caps in the future.

didnt Pat Holland scout for Spurs at one time, the name rings a bell for some reason:-k

didnt Pat Holland scout for Spurs at one time, the name rings a bell for some reason:-k

He was a youth and reserve team coach for us from 1988. Possibly until he became Leyton Orient manager in 1995. Managed to sign Peter Shilton and achieve their lowest ever league finish. Been a scout/coach at several lower league clubs.

Also managed the Arsenal U18s for 7 weeks in 2012, before resigning for personal reasons.

:lol:

[tweet]502103244383195136[/tweet]

Hopefully Poch will have have turned us into potent goal scorers from set pieces before the NLD...

[TWEET]502058821507104768[/TWEET]

I must say (and this hurts) that possibly the best signing Arsenal have made in recent years is Steve Bould.
It has to be said that their defensive shape and structure has been so much better overall since he replaced Pat Rice as Wenger's assistant.

I also think a bit turning in this was when we beat them in March 2013, when they and their defending (especially Vermaelen's) was barracked from all quarters.
Since then (bar the big beatings from the top 4/5 teams) they have been much more solid defensively in general.

It just all makes me feel sick :-&

Back