• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

well i guess it's a fine line between being at an Arsenal type club and being at one which has the chance of winning the CL.

i guess i could see United being in for him - double swoop him and Baines :-k

don't think there is any substance to this rumour myself, Wenger is not the type to agree a massive change like that mid season, and I can't see PSG being that decisive when the league isn't won, they'd have to shift Leonardo and more importantly there is a chance of enticing Jose

until Mourinho is official somewhere (Chelsea) the merry go round won't start, what worries me is that Ancelotti might end up down the road

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny questions Tottenham's quality
Last Updated: May 6, 2013 1:20pm

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has criticised arch-rivals Tottenham again as the race for fourth place and Champions League football reaches the crucial stages.

Spurs can relegate the Gunners to fifth place by winning their game in hand against third-placed Chelsea on Wednesday - but Szczesny believes the quality of Andre Villas-Boas' squad simply isn't high enough.

The Pole, whose late save secured a 1-0 win at QPR on Saturday, said: "If we win our next two games it will be enough because either Chelsea or Spurs will drop points because they play each other.

"If you look at Chelsea's fixtures, they have Tottenham and Everton left and they won't be easy games. And Tottenham do not have enough quality, so there you go...

"I would settle for another two 1-0 wins in the rest of the season and a place in the top three.

"Even if we have games like the QPR one, it might have been boring at times, but we couldn't care less at this time. We just got the three points.

"Hopefully it will be back to the old days and hopefully we will get back to winning trophies as well."

The Gunners host Wigan next Tuesday before travelling to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their final game of the season.
------------------------------

This fudging guy... He came out with the same brick the last seasons also, you could start to set your clock after this idiot.

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has criticised arch-rivals Tottenham again as the race for fourth place and Champions League football reaches the crucial stages.

Spurs can relegate the Gunners to fifth place by winning their game in hand against third-placed Chelsea on Wednesday - but Szczesny believes the quality of Andre Villas-Boas' squad simply isn't high enough.

The Pole, whose late save secured a 1-0 win at QPR on Saturday, said: "If we win our next two games it will be enough because either Chelsea or Spurs will drop points because they play each other.

"If you look at Chelsea's fixtures, they have Tottenham and Everton left and they won't be easy games. And Tottenham do not have enough quality, so there you go...

"I would settle for another two 1-0 wins in the rest of the season and a place in the top three.

"Even if we have games like the QPR one, it might have been boring at times, but we couldn't care less at this time. We just got the three points.

"Hopefully it will be back to the old days and hopefully we will get back to winning trophies as well."

The Gunners host Wigan next Tuesday before travelling to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their final game of the season.

This fudging guy... He came out with the same brick the last seasons also, you could start to set your clock after this idiot.

Well, he hasn't got enough quality himself to be first choice at Arsenal. He's only back in the team because Fabianski got injured.

Incorrect statement Chesney. Arsenal winning their next 2 games does not guarantee them CL football

If Spurs also win their last 3 games and Chelsea go on to beat Villa and Everton, Arsenal will still finish 5th. Right now their fate is out of their own hands. That result yesterday was just as bad for them as it was for us.

So Ches, check your facts again before you start spouting off again. Now jog on

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...villas-boas-hits-back-at-intolerable-szczesny

The Arsenal keeper claimed that Spurs lack the quality to finish in the top four ahead of their crunch clash against Chelsea on Wednesday, to which the Portuguese takes exception

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has hit back at Wojciech Szczesny after the Arsenal goalkeeper claimed that Spurs "do not have enough quality" to achieve Champions League qualification.

The Portuguese's side are locked in a battle for a top-four finish with the Gunners and Chelsea and were taunted by the Poland international ahead of their trip to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night.

Villas-Boas feels that the Poland international's comments were insincere as the end-of-season tension between the north London rivals heats up.

"An Arsenal player who has only been at the club for a couple of years is not entitled to so much hatred for Tottenham like he seems to have," the Spurs head coach told the media.

"I think it would be a little bit more tolerable if it came from a genuine Arsenal fan.

"Coming from an Arsenal player who is only passing through to another club and isn't going to stay there for life, he doesn't mean those words from the heart.

"We don't expect any love from an Arsenal player to a Tottenham. A little lack of respect is normal in a rivalry."

Tottenham sit fifth in the Premier League table, three points behind Chelsea and two back from Arsenal, although they have played one game fewer than Arsene Wenger's side.

Villas-Boas returns to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday for the first time since he was sacked by Blues owner Roman Abramovich in March 2012 but the Portuguese insists that his focus is purely on beating his former side.

He added: "At the moment, our drive is to set out to win the game so we can depend on ourselves to win the remaining fixtures. We have a great task ahead of us.

"Going back to Chelsea is not very special; it's a club that I've gone past. I have good and bad memories, like everybody else, but it was a period that didn't finish the way I'd have liked.

"The pressure is on everybody. Three clubs separated by three points at this stage is absolutely outstanding and all of us feel the pressure in some way.

"We set out with the objective of Champions League football for next season. We're not far from our objective. We're happy that we depend on us but we have to be extremely good at Stamford Bridge to achieve it.

"The objective from the club is to reach the level of success in trophies that Chelsea have achieved, within Tottenham's philosophy and club culture. From my perspective, this club have taken tremendous steps forward recently and want to be in the mix of teams that compete for titles."

Not so appreciative here..

Szczesny has been at Arsenal for seven years. Since he was sixteen, that's hardly a couple of years. Feels more like Szczesny got under AVB's skin, should just have ignored him in my mind. He wasn't worth the time.

Not so appreciative here..

Szczesny has been at Arsenal for seven years. Since he was sixteen, that's hardly a couple of years. Feels more like Szczesny got under AVB's skin, should just have ignored him in my mind. He wasn't worth the time.

Was AVB wrong in anything he said though? He quite cleverly made it seem like Szezsney has a bit of an obsession with us. If Arsenal want to improve, they should get rid of him.

Sadly though, I think we will fall short and Szezsney will think he has been proved right.

Was AVB wrong in anything he said though? He quite cleverly made it seem like Szezsney has a bit of an obsession with us. If Arsenal want to improve, they should get rid of him.

Sadly though, I think we will fall short and Szezsney will think he has been proved right.

Well yes. I think he was. Szczesny has been there for seven years. That is easily enough years for the rivalry to have rubbed off on him, he is perfectly able to understand it.

If he is 'only passing through' after having been there for seven years, then you are saying anyone at either club for less than seven years doesn't understand the derby.

The guy is a brick**** knob who isnt even 1st choice these days, I love it when he opens his trap, always embarasses himself

Well yes. I think he was. Szczesny has been there for seven years. That is easily enough years for the rivalry to have rubbed off on him, he is perfectly able to understand it.

If he is 'only passing through' after having been there for seven years, then you are saying anyone at either club for less than seven years doesn't understand the derby.

Understanding the rivalry yes, but AVB was really having a dig at Szcesney, bascially he's not good enough to be there for the long haul.

I really don't buy the whole "I'm an Arsenal fan" act from him. I highly doubt someone that grew up in Poland most of his life is a lifelong gooner. Have they even had any Poles playing them before him? Loads of players do it. I don't expect or ask Spurs players to support the club, just play well and always give your best.

Wodgeсunt who? This clown shoe always gives it when it looks like they might have stolen a march. Went back in his fudging box after we beat them, though, didn't he.

37617830.jpg

Arsenal have agreed the biggest kit deal in English football with sports giants Puma.

They have struck an agreement worth in excess of £30m-a-year which could see the five year contract worth £170m in total.

The deal worth more than Liverpool’s new £25m-a-year contract with Warrior and brings to an end Arsenal’s 20-year tie-up with Nike.

Back